“Disappointed”

Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed on this hotel because it was conveniently located near Lake Taylor Hospital where my mother-in-law was staying. This was a quick overnight trip, but to keep expenses to a minimum, I had packed food. I was very disappointed to see that the room did not have a microwave oven. I had to prepare the food on several plates, then go downstairs to use the microwave oven in the breakfast area. Very inconvenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bryan K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay…We do offer Fridges in all own rooms but microwaves are only available in our King Studio Suites. As you noted there is a microwave for use in the breakfast area for all or guest needs, if they have not reserved a room with a microwave. I am sorry for your disappointment and would like to offer some advice for any future stays you may be planning. It’s always a good practice to call the hotel after you make the reservation to ensure you are having all your needs meet. We are here to do our best for you; unfortunately we do have limitations with our room amenities. I hoping the advice and my regrets will help your disappointment. Have a great summer and I hope all went well with your Mother-in-Law.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Typical excellent service from this corporation. Very quiet, friendly staff, and no problems at all. I will continue to use Hampton Inn and Suites. Would like to see this (Norfolk) facility at 100% non-smoking, but that did not affect us at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bryan K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always looking to be our best. the hotel business is a demanding industry having to meet the needs of such a diverse patronage. I am glad we had sucess with you and your kinds words bear that out. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

this hotel is close to the airport and shopping. most attractions like beaches and restaurants are close by. Very convenient to highway. Clean rooms and friendly front desk staff. Breakfast is fair but free.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 595fayek
Bryan K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We are very a great location as you have pointed out. We are close to just about everything in the area for business and vacations. Beaches, Concerts, Downtown Norfolk and we are a great Airport hotel. We are also a Hampton Inn and Suites with the best Hotel team in the area. So we are a sure thing as the Hampton 100% guarantees. We are here to make your stay the best and looking forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed two nights and enjoyed the hotel very much. The breakfast is varied and tastes good, the rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are nice, and the hotel is quiet and well kept. It doesn't have a hot tub, but luckily the pool was a good temperature for me and my 4-year-old.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you !!! We remember you and your daughter and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I know we don’t have a Jacuzzi but our pool area is so nice and well appointed it’s a pleasure anyway. I want to thank you for stay with us. We are grateful and we never forget we are here to make your stay as wonderful as possible. Thank you have a wonderful Spring. “We love having you here”

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I just really like this hotel. It is not fancy but very comfortable. People are ALL very nice . I spent a week there in March. It was the second time I was there for that long and just enjoyed it. The breakfasts are okay. Did not serve biscuits & gravy one time otherwise I would of given five stars. Good location to Navy bases.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ElmoSanDiego
Bryan K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Wonderful !!!! Thanks for liking us. We receive comments all the time and we are fortunate to have very positive comments. When someone who has a long stay and is away from home for a long period it makes us feel so proud when they feel a little of a home away from home atmosphere. Your thoughts are so welcome and appreciated. I hope we see you soon and thanks.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

With the plethora of Hilton / Hampton properties in the general area, you could do better in location and availability of conveniences, ie.. restaurants Plenty of other inn's available within walking distance to several restaurants, not true here. Kind of a food desert.. especially if you want to avoid chains Price was high compared to other Hampton Inns I've stayed in the local area.. this trip happened to coincide with an old friend's trip, so I stayed as a convenience to him. Room was clean and well appointed, but so are most other of the area hampton inns

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Norfolk Hampton is very modern, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The room was very nice clean and comfortable. I would stay with Hampton again. The hotel had a modern laundry room. A fitness center. A indoor pool and spa. All the areas were very clean and modern. I also used the business center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H

Thank you very much!!! You spoke volumes with your kind words. I cannot expand on your thoughts and we sincerely appreciate and we are grateful for the opportunity to give you the service and value you deserve. The Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk Airport is very thanks youl for your business and kind thoughts. Have a great spring.