“Disappointing meal”
Review of 456 Fish

456 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 732 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$24 - US$49
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood, steaks, chicken and pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted to like this place. Atmosphere is elegant but the surf and turf fell short of expectations.
The tenderloin went back 3 times because it was paper thin. It was over cooked and we did not eat it.The lobster was tender but was a mere 5 oz. Leading us to believe that Outback is a better choice for gourmet than this restaurant .

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I am very disappointed to read your review. I was already familar with your situation before I read it. Our Manager that Sunday was Cat one of the most special young ladies around . She told every detail of your visir and I confirmed the facts today at our weekly staff meeting.
I know you ordered your Steak Medium and it came our a little under but both our chefs that night took great care to assure the second was cooked properly. Apparantly, their opinion of Medium and yours differ. This can happen from time to time and I do apoliogize to you. Cat mentioned she picked up some drinks and desert for your inconvenience and that you left very happy.
Sunday Night is our Surf & Turf Night Special for 24.99 one of our most sold specials. We never get complaints and that particular night sold 16 other orders with no problem only compliments . Regurally we would sell for 32.99. It is a special a very low profit item.
Once again , I apologize for your experience but we learn from our mistakes. I will pass your comments along to Cat.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here and it was delicious. We had specials and both were good except the fact that I had to pay 6 dollars to swap chicken with shrimp. We liked the location, the atmosphere amd the waitress. Overall good, but could have been excellent.

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks so much for your review. I'm disappointed to hear you were charged 6 dollars for shrimp as a substitute for chicken.
I presume you were talking about our chicken caesar at brunch. If you substitute shrimp for chicken , you should have only been charged 3 dollars not 6 dollars.
I have addressed this with our staff for the future.We would be glad to credit your credit card if you contact us.
Thanks for notifying us of our mistake. Again, Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is my go to place for a special meal (valentines, birthdays, anniversaries). Food and service are always excellent.

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks so much for your review . We always appreciate feedback. The next time you are in , please ask for Ron . I would like to introduce myself to you.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

So last night we went to 456 Fish in downtown Norfolk. There was a nice crowd in downtown a decent size crowd at 456 Fish, but not too crowded. It had a great feel to it and the music was really great. they had a nice mix of Jazz and classic standards playing and it really added to the atmosphere and the whole experience.
Our server was very pleasant and helpful. He gave us some great suggestions for the wine and the food choices. We had the most amazing friend oysters for an appetizer. They were awesome. They were perfectly prepared and the creamy spinach sauce was amazing. My friend had Mahi Mahi with coconut risotto and these crunchy banana chips. The presentation was really great. I had a blackend Rockfish, which was their Catch of the day. It came with plantains and collard greens which were fantastic. The portions were perfect and we only had enough room to share a dessert. We had a great bread pudding with caramel and ice cream. YUM.
We never felt rushed, but everything was timely and efficient. We will be coming back to this place.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have been here a couple of times for dinner, but never for brunch until this past weekend, what an absolute treat!! The food was delicious and portions were great and reasonable priced. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. This is now my new place for brunch....definitely worth trying out!