“Old bank makes nice restaurant”
Review of Norfolk Tap Room

Norfolk Tap Room
Ranked #66 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Craft beers, gourmet burgers, local seafood and live entertainment in a classic downtown Norfolk setting.....
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Old bank makes nice restaurant”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

An old bank turned into a very nicely decorated restaurant. We went to Trilogy during Norfolk's Restaurant week, so it was unusually crowded. The food was good. They charged extra for bread which I thought was ridiculous. I specifically asked if the bread was home made which I was told "yes". But the bread was pre-made dough from a freezer put into the oven. I expressed my displeasure to the wait staff who I thought would take it off my tab but didn't. It was not for a lot of money but the little things count. The steak was excellent and the oysters were excellent. Most of the other dishes I can make as well as them. My companion LOVED his Manhattan and the bartender came and visited our table which made his night. Nice place to go for Restaurant Week but wouldn't pay full price.

• Visited August 2013

VA Beach, VA
“High quality, friendly experience”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We tried Trilogy for the first time during Norfolk's downtown restaurant week (July 2013) and liked it so much we stopped in again the following week. Service was not just efficient, it was friendly and the front of house staff from the hostess right on through the bartenders and table staff appear genuinely invested in you enjoying your experience. The experience continues when the food arrives. Duck is often done poorly and one of my measures of a good restaurant is the chef's ability to make a well prepared, tender duck; sous chef Lex Goff's duck was wonderful and tender in a flavorful, blueberry reduction mélange. Some of our other favorites were the risotto balls and the veal saltimbocca. We did not indulge in dessert but plan to do so on the next visit when we go for a tapas/dessert experience. I have read some negative reviews of Trilogy...not quite sure why others have had such a different experience but this restaurant has quickly become one of our favorites.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Food, Average Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The atmosphere and food at Trilogy is very nice. The service is average at best. I had to ask for a drink refill several times throughout my visit. The restaurant was not very busy but the hostess acted like my request for a table other than the original one she took me to was a problem for her. The crabcake and the strawberry napoleon were very nice.

Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Restaurant week favorite”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We went to Trilogy during Norfolk's Restaurant week, so it was unusually crowded, the food and the service were top notch even with a full house. The Shrimp and grits were some of the I've ever tasted. Definitely not a health nut meal but true to their southern roots with a "red eye" gravy that made you think of grandma's house.
The building was once a Bank. It's a grand old building with lots of interesting detail and filled with history but not handicapped friendly from the entrance to the extra small second floor bathroom.

• Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great tapas. Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Trilogy is located inside an old bank. The bar is located where the tellers once were. Because the building is an historic landmark, the restaurant wasn't allowed to alter the interior. Look for the Chihuly light fixture at the back of the restaurant when you enter.

The menu mainly consists of tapas, but there are several seafood and red meat selections in the entree section.

Try the fried green tomatoes, seared tuna sashimi. Both are superb. In the entree section we tried the seared scallops and shrimp. Also excellent, but the shrimp were just slightly over cooked.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Norfolk Tap Room? Share your experiences!