“Wonderful stay in a fabulous location with great hosts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Page House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Page House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Charlotte, NC
“Wonderful stay in a fabulous location with great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

We had the good fortune to stay at Page House Inn when in Norfolk for a wedding. We chose the B&B over the rooms blocked at a local hotel and were we ever glad! The inn is a lovely house and the innkeeper and staff could not have been more gracious or accommodating. The went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and pampered. The food was fabulous and Miss Adella's Suite was a delightful retreat.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dcdm704

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed in Miss Diane's suite and loved it as well as the porch right outside our suite. Everything we needed was provided including snacks and sodas, fruit, the best chocolate chip cookies I've tasted and fabulous breakfasts. The owners, Marsha and Michael, and innkeeper, Charles, were more than helpful and accommodating. We were able to walk to downtown very easily and the Chrysler Museum was right next door. This was by far the best B and B I've ever experienced; the staff made it so!

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank judyk15
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

I was a guest at a private party held at the Page House this past winter and thoroughly impressed. The atmosphere was elegant, yet warm and inviting and the food delicious. It was obvious that the owners put much time and effort into planning the menu, food preparation and presentation. The owners went out of their way to attend to the needs of all of the guests and were quick to answer any questions put forth. The rooms were attractively decorated, inviting and cozy. I felt very pampered during my time at the Page House and am looking forward to a return visit. I highly recommend the Page House as a relaxing, yet sophisticated get - away!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greene1621
Va. Beach, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

I was surprised to read a negative review of the Page House. My husband and I stayed there in late February ‘09 to celebrate our anniversary and it was amazing! We stayed in the bath suite which I gathered from the innkeeper had just been renovated by the new owners. It was beautiful, clean and warm. The bath was perfect (we tried it out more then once) and the steam room was very relaxing and had plenty of bench room.
The ambiance in the room was a perfect blend on old word charm meets modern conveniences. It was cold and rainy the weekend we were there but the fireplace added such a lovely touch to our time together. The bed was comfy and in the morning we had breakfast in our room. It was delicious and it made use feel like royalty.

It seems like the new owners have a real grasp on any previous concerns because we have no complaints. In fact we are booking rooms this summer for some out of town guest. I am sure that they will love it as much as we do. Not only is it a great place to stay but also there are plenty of things to do and places to see with in a very short distance.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank southerngirl65
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

Our stay at the Page House Inn was marred by problems ranging from trivial to inexcusable. My wife and I booked the Bathe Suite, the premier room at the Inn. The hot tub was so hot that we simply could not use it, and there was no way to cool it. There was so much chlorine in the air from the tub that we couldn't even stand to be in the same room for very long, as it burned our eyes. The steam shower was dirty and didn't have anything to sit on. Who wants to stand in a steam room? The room was freezing and there is no way to heat it up - other reviews from people who stayed in the winter months (around Nov-Feb) can confirm this. The gas fireplace didn't work and looked to be in disarray. We didn't even like the bed. Complaints about these issues went unanswered by the owners. We were really looking forward to our stay here and despite some positives - such as the complementary food and excellent breakfast - we were extremely disappointed and will not be returning or recommending the Page House Inn to anyone.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sc456a
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

Located in the beautiful Ghent Historic District of Norfolk, and just across the street from the amazing Chrysler Museum of Art, this B&B is a wonderful place to stay for a vacation (which we were on) or for a business trip. The operators were friendly, the food good and the inn a step back into Victorian luxury at a reasonable price. The bed (we stayed in Master Percy's Room) was comfortable and the room spacious, but the steep tub is difficult to step over, so short folks and the elderly should consider that before choosing this room. Also, it's on the third floor, so if you don't like to climb stairs, pick one on a lower floor. Overall, we enjoyed our four-night stay and would return there should we stay in the area again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Height of bathtub
  • Stayed August 2008
2 Thank AntiqueGuy
USA East Coast kinda. A bit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

VA NORFOLK / PAGE HOUSE INN

I have been hesitant to reveal my favorite places because I don't want them to be all FULL with YOU LOT when I want to stay there again. I value truth though, so here's a "secret" favorite.

Norfolk's Page House is in my personal Top Five good places to stay with a roof (vs camping).

Considering how picky I am (earlier posts) thats NO easy rank to reach.

The breakfast fare was hard to beat.
The staff fellas are nice.
For me it is (strange and particular I know) a plus when a lodging house allows guests to visit the kitchen --shows a level of confidence in the sanitation and facility quality which most keepers do not feel so secure about.

I also like gestures of generosity from innkeepers and so the lobby cookies and nip-able port wine are a plus. The latter especially seemed old style genteel in this historic Southern harbor city.

Stayed there 2007ish.

• Liked — Cushy and good service. Best breakfast. Close to QUALITY art fests at Stockley Gardens park.
  • Disliked — Liked so much hard to say. Maybe get a sign to explain balcony's bronze memorial marker.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business