“Our first B&B experience and it was great!”
Review of Page House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Page House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stopped in Norfolk for a couple of days before heading to Colonial Williamsburg. We decided on Page House Inn due to its great reviews and the surrounding hotels did not look nearly as nice as this place did. We have never tried a B&B before and I am so glad Page House Inn was our first. We took 2 suites, Diane and Adella. My wife and I were in Diane and my two sons in Adella. The suites were quite large and beautifully decorated as well as the entire house. When researching on trip advisor I found a review that did not recommend the bath suite. Marcia, the owner, took us on a tour of the house and we got to go in the newly remodeled bath suite. I guess it used to have spa in the bath(the kind you would have outdoors that held chlorinated water all of the time. They just replaced it with a new jetted soaking tub that you fill each time. Next time I would request it as it looked very well appointed and romantic. Breakfast each morning was elegant and delicious. The very helpful innkeeper, Charles made gourmet french toast one morning and breakfast quesadillas the next. You could get eggs to order and a espresso/cappuccino from their authentic Italian espresso maker! We met some very interesting people at breakfast. Once couple told us that they have stayed in many B&B's in the past. I told them how great I thought the experience was and they said I needed to realize that this place was an exception. In the top ten percent of all B&B's. My wife and I loved the history of the house and my kids enjoyed it as well. It is in a great area and is next to the Chrysler Art Museum. I can't wait to return. Thanks Marcia and Charles for making our first bed and breakfast stay a joyous one. We actually enjoyed staying here more than the rest of the vacation in Williamsburg. Make sure and take the boat tour that leaves from the docks near the USS Enterprise Battleship. We saw aircraft carriers, destroyers, many ships and also followed behind a nuclear sub! Wow!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sjpinfla

Reviewed 12 June 2009

We had the good fortune to stay at Page House Inn when in Norfolk for a wedding. We chose the B&B over the rooms blocked at a local hotel and were we ever glad! The inn is a lovely house and the innkeeper and staff could not have been more gracious or accommodating. The went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and pampered. The food was fabulous and Miss Adella's Suite was a delightful retreat.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcdm704
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed in Miss Diane's suite and loved it as well as the porch right outside our suite. Everything we needed was provided including snacks and sodas, fruit, the best chocolate chip cookies I've tasted and fabulous breakfasts. The owners, Marsha and Michael, and innkeeper, Charles, were more than helpful and accommodating. We were able to walk to downtown very easily and the Chrysler Museum was right next door. This was by far the best B and B I've ever experienced; the staff made it so!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank judyk15
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I was a guest at a private party held at the Page House this past winter and thoroughly impressed. The atmosphere was elegant, yet warm and inviting and the food delicious. It was obvious that the owners put much time and effort into planning the menu, food preparation and presentation. The owners went out of their way to attend to the needs of all of the guests and were quick to answer any questions put forth. The rooms were attractively decorated, inviting and cozy. I felt very pampered during my time at the Page House and am looking forward to a return visit. I highly recommend the Page House as a relaxing, yet sophisticated get - away!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greene1621
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I was surprised to read a negative review of the Page House. My husband and I stayed there in late February ‘09 to celebrate our anniversary and it was amazing! We stayed in the bath suite which I gathered from the innkeeper had just been renovated by the new owners. It was beautiful, clean and warm. The bath was perfect (we tried it out more then once) and the steam room was very relaxing and had plenty of bench room.
The ambiance in the room was a perfect blend on old word charm meets modern conveniences. It was cold and rainy the weekend we were there but the fireplace added such a lovely touch to our time together. The bed was comfy and in the morning we had breakfast in our room. It was delicious and it made use feel like royalty.

It seems like the new owners have a real grasp on any previous concerns because we have no complaints. In fact we are booking rooms this summer for some out of town guest. I am sure that they will love it as much as we do. Not only is it a great place to stay but also there are plenty of things to do and places to see with in a very short distance.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southerngirl65
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Our stay at the Page House Inn was marred by problems ranging from trivial to inexcusable. My wife and I booked the Bathe Suite, the premier room at the Inn. The hot tub was so hot that we simply could not use it, and there was no way to cool it. There was so much chlorine in the air from the tub that we couldn't even stand to be in the same room for very long, as it burned our eyes. The steam shower was dirty and didn't have anything to sit on. Who wants to stand in a steam room? The room was freezing and there is no way to heat it up - other reviews from people who stayed in the winter months (around Nov-Feb) can confirm this. The gas fireplace didn't work and looked to be in disarray. We didn't even like the bed. Complaints about these issues went unanswered by the owners. We were really looking forward to our stay here and despite some positives - such as the complementary food and excellent breakfast - we were extremely disappointed and will not be returning or recommending the Page House Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sc456a
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Located in the beautiful Ghent Historic District of Norfolk, and just across the street from the amazing Chrysler Museum of Art, this B&B is a wonderful place to stay for a vacation (which we were on) or for a business trip. The operators were friendly, the food good and the inn a step back into Victorian luxury at a reasonable price. The bed (we stayed in Master Percy's Room) was comfortable and the room spacious, but the steep tub is difficult to step over, so short folks and the elderly should consider that before choosing this room. Also, it's on the third floor, so if you don't like to climb stairs, pick one on a lower floor. Overall, we enjoyed our four-night stay and would return there should we stay in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2008