“Great Stay for night of our Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Page House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Page House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Stay for night of our Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

We stayed at the Page House for the night of our wedding. I selected the Bathe Suite which was Sweet. Suite had a great big garden tub and separate dual shower. The bed was very comfy and after our long day for the wedding was great. Breakfast was very good. Had some of the best Blueberry Pancakes I have had in a long time. I would highly recommend this anyone visiting Norfolk.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catfishncwc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

Our recent trip to Page House for a niece's graduation from ODU was a delight. The hospitality shown our group was outstanding, including accommodating a few local family members who wanted to join us for breakfast. The only caveat would be that if you exceed 6 feet in height, you may wish for a downstairs room because the beautifully renovated upstairs bath (footed tub) doesn't have a great deal of head room. Overall, the rating is still tops.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mariamoore
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

This is how you hope it will be. Nothing to criticize except that is spoils you for anything else.
Room, service, beds, location, value all faultless.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

My husband and I spent a delightful holiday weekend at the Page House Inn and were completely satisfied with every aspect of our stay. The inn is beautifully restored and maintained and the rooms have every possible amenity. We stayed in their premiere room on the main floor with elegant furnishings, a fireplace, a refrigerator with cold soft drinks, snacks, fresh flowers and a bath as large as most guest rooms, with everything from a double whirlpool to a bidet. The even had a carafe of port in our room

The breakfast each day was endless, lavish and delicious. The innkeepers were very warm and everso helpful with advice and suggestions. Best of all, they take dogs! Our cockapoo enjoyed the stay almost as much as we did, and we were in a beautiful neighborhood for dog walking.

The inn is well located in the elegant historic Ghent district and walking distance from the fabulous Chrysler Museum of Art. We liked the museum so much we went two days in a row! Of course there are also interesting nautical sites to visit, and the dining choices seemed to be endless.

We salute the innkeepers, Debbie and her brother Charles and thank them for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VirgINNians
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

I stayed at the Page House Inn when my son had surgery at CHKD, my Mother In Law booked the Diane Suite for my husband and I to take turns sleeping in and to get a good hot breakfast in the morning. I was very surprised by the inn - it was lovely and they had an endless supply of Dr. Pepper, which was not stocked by the cafe in the hospital. ;-) Anyhow I only was able to sleep a few hours but when I did sleep it was magic. I met Charles at Breakfast and he made cooked to ordered scrambled eggs with cheese, his grits were out of this world. I enjoyed the morning conversation with him and the food was excellent. He even made my husband and mother in law a little bag complete with a croissant egg, bacon and cheese sandwich that kicked Burger King's any day of the week. Overall great experience and the neighbor hood was wonderful - felt very safe walking to and from CHKD here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Kyleen
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

My boyfriend and I planned a little trip to Norfolk, VA from the West Coast to attend an extremely special art exhibit at ODU, as well as have a nice romantic time together. On the night that we arrived to Norfolk, we witnessed the beginnings of a raging storm that was compared in magnitude to some of the more notorious hurricanes and storms that passed over the Atlantic coast in the last decade. Over the following day and a half, we saw our vacation fall apart in ruins: the roads were flooded and we watched helplessly as a car in a nearby parking lot was drowned; gusts of wind were so strong that trees fell; the gallery was closed indeterminately, many places (including the inn) lost electricity. We were at our wits' end, but the one thing that kept us from coming apart at the sames completely was the Page House Inn, and more particularly, the wonderful innkeeper Charles.

The inn has a natural gas generator, which powered the entire main floor of the inn. That meant that in a wide area of Norfolk, we were one of the few places with heat, light and comforting hot beverages. Charles lost a lot of business due to weather related cancellations, and we practically had the inn to ourselves. He spent a lot of time taking care of the inn, but he was also constantly considerate of us, always trying to make our stay more comfortable. When a cancellation occurred for the only room in the hotel that was powered off the generator, he moved us into it from our originally reserved room. So, luck turned around and here we found ourselves in the Bathe Suite, with a cozy fireplace, beautiful jacuzzi tub and all the amenities. On our last morning, Charles whipped up an amazing breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon and espressos, even though it meant using alternate resources since the main power was still out.

Our trip turned out ok. We were able (after postponing our departure flight by one day) to see the art exhibit after all, as well as enjoy a little bit of Norfolk. Our first impression of the city was tainted by the bad weather, but we will always remember the impeccably kept Page House Inn, the warmth and hospitality of its lovely innkeeper Charles, the exceptional level of service and care we received, and the knowledge that even in disastrous scenarios, the management of the Inn will always strive to provide the guests with a remarkable and comforting experience.

I don't know what else to say except, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Page House Inn & Charles.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SFTanya
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stopped in Norfolk for a couple of days before heading to Colonial Williamsburg. We decided on Page House Inn due to its great reviews and the surrounding hotels did not look nearly as nice as this place did. We have never tried a B&B before and I am so glad Page House Inn was our first. We took 2 suites, Diane and Adella. My wife and I were in Diane and my two sons in Adella. The suites were quite large and beautifully decorated as well as the entire house. When researching on trip advisor I found a review that did not recommend the bath suite. Marcia, the owner, took us on a tour of the house and we got to go in the newly remodeled bath suite. I guess it used to have spa in the bath(the kind you would have outdoors that held chlorinated water all of the time. They just replaced it with a new jetted soaking tub that you fill each time. Next time I would request it as it looked very well appointed and romantic. Breakfast each morning was elegant and delicious. The very helpful innkeeper, Charles made gourmet french toast one morning and breakfast quesadillas the next. You could get eggs to order and a espresso/cappuccino from their authentic Italian espresso maker! We met some very interesting people at breakfast. Once couple told us that they have stayed in many B&B's in the past. I told them how great I thought the experience was and they said I needed to realize that this place was an exception. In the top ten percent of all B&B's. My wife and I loved the history of the house and my kids enjoyed it as well. It is in a great area and is next to the Chrysler Art Museum. I can't wait to return. Thanks Marcia and Charles for making our first bed and breakfast stay a joyous one. We actually enjoyed staying here more than the rest of the vacation in Williamsburg. Make sure and take the boat tour that leaves from the docks near the USS Enterprise Battleship. We saw aircraft carriers, destroyers, many ships and also followed behind a nuclear sub! Wow!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends