“BEDBUGS!!!!”

Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
New York City, New York
“BEDBUGS!!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After being bitten by bedbugs, they moved me to another room, same problem!!! more bites!!! NO REFUNDS!!! Disgusting place! They are lying about it after they saw how I was. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Alejandra R
1850ELC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your comments and will strive to improve our service. All of our rooms are treated on a regular basis by a qualified pest control company. We are sorry your stay was not up to our usual standards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I don't ever write bad things about any place unless I am trying to warn others so they don't make the same mistake I did. I am active duty in the Air Force and leaving for a 6 month deployment, the last thing I want is to be in crappy living conditions before I even get to my destination. That's exactly what I experienced here. You get what you pay for. Cheap. No wifi. Room stinks like cigarette smoke for a non smoking room. Scary area. Run down hotel. Breakfast consists of a bagel, toast some muffins and a juice box, which you have to eat in your room. Rooms are nothing like the pictures. The staff was pleasant and that's the only good part about this place. Never again...

Room Tip: Read reviews. Less than 3 stars- not a good idea.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AColey48 .

Travellers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Maumee, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I decided to stay in a budget hotel because we'd be sightseeing most of the time. I wanted a place with breakfast and a pool close to area attractions. The breakfast was toast, bagel and a juicebox (and you were asked to eat in your room due to limited space), the pool area was gross and the patio furniture was all cracked with holes and circular saw cuts in the table, you had to pay for ice, the keycard hardly worked, the carpeting was ripped, the sheets were too small, the bathroom was really low budget with no exhaust fan and they felt that $100/night on the 4th of July (not next to any festivities) was justified. I don't think so but the homeless person might find this place a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey E
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My buddy and I had this beach trip planned out last minute, and we stayed at this America's Best Value Inn about 25 minutes from the Boardwalk. It was very nice, We both enjoyed the powerful air conditioner and the balcony outside of our room where we sat and watched a huge thunderstorm. The beds were very comfortable and the tv made me almost like tv again. (almost)
My only complaint is the wifi in the hotel. Our floor's wifi did not work, so we were frced to connect to the lobby's which had barely any service, just enough to send a quick message on Facebok before getting knocked out.
Overall this isolated hote was very nice for the price and I would reccommend it to any beach/hampton road tourists who are looking for a deal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I made a reservation for the hotel last minute and was very pleased with the price I paid for it. I had someone from the hotel call and ask me when I would be arriving and if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room. Both of these items I had already indicated when I made my reservation online. I arrived fairly late in the night to check in and I had to go around back to the night lobby area. The check in process took awhile and it was hard to heard the individual through the glass.

The bathroom looks like it needs updating but overall, the water was hot. The bathroom light wouldn't turn on so I had to resort to taking one of the lamps from the night stand so I could see in the bathroom. Eventually the bathroom light did turn on.

My room was facing Little Creek Road, so I could hear the traffic noise mostly when the AC wasn't running. Thankfully, I was able to sleep.

Ultimately, I would go back to this place due to it's price. The room was clean and I was able to sleep. The location is close enough to the airport but I wasn't as worried about my safety as I would have been had I selected a hotel near Military Circle Mall. The initial check in process was a bit off putting but from other reviews I've read, that's just their night check in process.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sorry this response is so late being posted. We appreciate your review and the comments you made. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The staff was rude and not very helpful. I spent 20 years in the military and had nicer rooms in 3rd world countries. Stay away! I didn't even spend the night, I checked out and found a nicer place to stay. The only thing I could say about this place it would be a good place to film a horror movie.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Rangerweb1
1850ELC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Rangerweb,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I apologize for the negative experience you encountered with housekeeping. We strive to make sure each stay is memorable. Unfortunately, we fell short of our goal. Please know that we have hired and trained new housekeepers. Please contact us directly so that we can remedy the situation.

Regards,

Sanjive-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Norfolk, VA
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very close to airport and 45 minutes from VA beach. Loads of shopping around and restaurants for any occasion. The hotel had a nice clean outdoor pool. Our stay was pleasant and all our needs were met by nice pleasant staff. We were even able to have our dog stay with us which was what we were looking for in a hotel. They had a very nice continental breakfast bar in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget needing a nice pleasant vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Emma R,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share an honest review with us. Our guests enjoy our clean outdoor pool. Our facility is pet-friendly and I am glad that you were satisfied. Should you return to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,