“Good eats and nice views”

City Dock Restaurant
Ranked #405 of 700 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: St. Paul
Transit: Waterside Drive Bus Stop
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Good eats and nice views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The service was very good,we ate outside and had a nice harbor view.The food was above average and we enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon watching the boats come and go.

Visited April 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Breakfast and lunch are superb... great views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

First of all, let me say how warm and friendly the staff at City Dock are. I've been a few times since I'm a local and I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner. I must say the dinner was the least satisfying, but breakfast and lunch were great. I looked at other reviews and must disagree about the 'institutional food'. I had a beautiful mixed greens side salad that had all kinds of fresh vegetables- red peppers, cucumbers and carrots. We had a crab cake sandwich that was wonderful, too for lunch. The breakfast buffet has wonderful healthy choices and enough selection to satisfy your appetite. I just wish it went longer on weekends like until about 2pm. Someone mentioned it's pricey. Well, do a Google search and find a coupon. I think Entertainment Book has one. Oh, and the view? Heavenly....

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

All the food I had was extremely 'institutional'. Soup that was obviously canned and loaded with sodium. A Caesar salad with lettuce that was browning on the edges. Chicken that was clearly not prepared especially for my order, but had been previously cooked and reheated.

Not good. Servers are very nice. Food is not so nice. Go somewhere else.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank TravelMommy1
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Don't eat the fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I had two bites of the fish and couldn't stand the overwhelming metallic taste. The only other flavor I could detect was the distinct frozen fish taste. Everyone was friendly, but I won't risk bad fish.

Boston
“great brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had brunch a couple of times, food was good, great views of water, a bit pricey but expected because in hotel

Visited August 2013