“If you could get to perfection, this is it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse

Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 695 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$23 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Granby Street
Description: Located in a historic 1906 building in the heart of Downtown Norfolk, Byrd & Baldwin Brothers is proud to serve the finest steaks in our area. Our traditional, yet creative menu includes first quality steaks,chops,seafood & poultry, served by our experienced and dedicated wait staff. Our in house Sommelier's will be pleased to assist you in choosing the perfect wine from our extensive list of over 300 labels to accompany your meal. With over a 98 per cent approval rating on all comment cards, we continue to strive for perfection, and we would be honored with the opportunity to serve you.
Denver, Colorado
“If you could get to perfection, this is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The wife and I stopped in late one Friday night, while in VA, and was looking for a good place for a steak, and we sure did find it. We where walk in's and was treated very well by everyone, The food was fantastic, staff professional and quick, and the ambiance was wonderful. The only bad part is that we where just traveling through and who knows when we will be back. Have not had food this good since!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JJMcK83
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thanks so much for your fantastic review. It is comments like yours that make us work even harder at getting better. Hope your travels bring you back soon.

Norfolk, Va
“Classic American Steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food here has always been first rate..top cuts/wonderful salads/desserts to die for. We have been many times. Each time we have found the staff a little snooty, but you put up with it if the food is good and you are in the mood for a great piece of meat. Our last visit was complete chaos when two diners on the reservation list were asked to leave because B&B had no more room. A promise of a gift certificate never yielded results. Be prepared for attitude.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank MBearNorfolk
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks so much for your review. It appears it took you over 6 months to file the review. From November 2013 till June 2014. You must have a great memory.
I'm very glad you enjoyed the food but sorry to hear you thought our staff was a little snooty. Some of the staff at that time are no longer with us , so I hope the situation has solved itself.
I'm confused about the reference you made to a promised gift certificate. There are no complimentay gift certificates left at any of our stores.
I hope you will visit us again to see that we have improved.
“Always a Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This review isn't necessarily for just one particular visit, but a collaboration of visits. This restaurant is one of THE BEST, hands down. Every single meal had for every single occasion (birthdays, anniversaries,my proposal to my wife and my bachelor party dinner) has been amazing from first walking in the door to picking up the car with the valet at the very end (where you will find any boxed left overs waiting for you, nice touch). The service is always a wonderful blend of professional and friendly, always leaving us feeling like we are the only people the place (though we never are). The grade of beef (Harris Ranch for any steak buffs out there) is superb. I highly recommend getting a side of the Crab and Brie Macaroni & Cheese,

I actually laughed out loud when reading some of these less-friendly reviews of Byrd & Baldwin that say to go to Outback or Ruth's Chris for the same level and/or better service and food. Clearly I've missed something in the exemplary service and food at these franchise establishments but will take these other reviewers' word for it and keep coming back for more at Byrd (Tip: if you get the chance get a tour of the Wine Cellar from Chris)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks so much for your review. It does my heart good to realize that people realize the quality of the products we offer as well as the service we provide. The next time you are in , please ask for Ron, I would like to stop by and say Hello.
North Garden, Virginia
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are certain expectations of a top end steakhouse and Byrd & Baldwin meets them all. The classy atmosphere complete with dark wood, a top notch professional staff and excellent food; Byrd & Baldwin is a classic American steak house in every way.
After spending the day touring we walked to Byrd & Baldwin to get dinner & drinks. Despite our casual attire, we were offered a table up-stairs but we elected to dine at the downstairs bar. We were rewarded with an excellent experience. A quiet bar with outstanding service, some of the best food I've ever enjoyed and an overall perfect evening. I'd go back to Byrd & Baldwin and I would recommend them to my friends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for your fantastic review . I will definitely pass your comments on to our staff . Please visit us again an ask for Ron since I would like to say hello !
Norfolk, Virginia
“What a Wonderful Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I cannot say how great our meal was at Byrd & Baldwin. Our server Jared was attentive and very helpful. I had the filet my wife had the salmon, both dishes were excellent. We will be back!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ronvabea, Owner at Byrd & Baldwin Bro Steakhouse, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thanks so much for your fantastic review. We are also very glad you stumbled on us . If you visit us again , please ask for Ron, I woulf like to say Hello !! Thanks Again