The Vintage House Douro
US$149
Placido Hotel Douro Tabuaco(Tabuaco)(Great Value!)
US$83
Priceline
US$93
Travelocity
Hotel Miracorgo(Vila Real)
US$122
US$98
Hotel Regua Douro(Peso Da Regua)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotel Douro(Pinhao)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Imperio Hotel(Peso Da Regua)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeautiful hotelthe rivertrain stationhotel restaurantjunior suiteport wine tastinglibrary barsmall balconiesrooms are spaciousbreakfast roombalcony overlookingsmall townswimming poolstunning viewsthe vinestayed one nightboat trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a charming hotel with rover views. We enjoyed a drink outside overlooking the river in the afternoon, followed by dinner in the restaurant. It was good food, not the best I've ever had, but such a pleasant place. The breakfast buffet was good as well. The room was a very good size and well furnished. The staff were also lovely. I want to come back here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with some friends and really enjoyed. Nice rooms with wonderful views on the Douro and the vineyards. Nice pool area (since it was very hot, we were happy to cool a little bit down in the pool). We ordered also a glass of white wine as an aperitif by the pool. super!
We had dinner outside in the beautiful garden. It was good, but not excellent (but in my opinion food in Portugal is generally a little bit boring (always bacalao and always same vegetables/potatoes,etc.) and not high class food as Italian food, but it is only my modest opinion). Breakfast was okay, breakfast terrace with amazing views.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After a long journey from Lisbon we were warmly welcomed by the staff and offered a delicious glass of port (inexpensive and can be bought in the Wine Shop).

Upon arriving to our rooms we noticed the considerable size of the bed, great for the two of us and our 2 year-old, and the spectacular views over the Douro river and surrounding vineyards from our balcony.

A great size bath tub which was fantastic for our little one who loved splashing about in it a lot!

The breakfast was delicious, with a wide variety of goodies and fresh fruit juice. We did not try the Hotel restaurant due to the prices being too much for us.

The service during our stay was of an excellent standard and we always found all hotel staff to be positive, polite and helpful.

Just a suggestion - bring your own corkscrew!

Room Tip: Try and get either on the 1st or 2nd level so that you have a view from your balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arriving by train was a cinch..the hotel has its own entrance adjacent to the station. We were a bit confused when challenged by an exotic spiral staircase considering luggage, so I guarded the goods while my partner found the reception. In moments, a delightful young man appeared and informed me that the luggage would be delivered to our room and to go down to the reception area (there is a video camera to capture guests who arrive in this manner). We were given a glass of Port and escorted to the river veranda to wait while the very efficient (and extremely handsome) Gabriel sorted out our reservation as the hotel was full due to a seasonal festival.
The room was above expectations, although every room seems to face the river. Tantamount to all else, I grade beds and these were far above acceptable. I have stayed at far more expensive hotels and give the Vintage an applaud. Room service was at the door before I hung up the phone. The restaurant was inviting and the menu very good. Try it…you will like it.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies/terraces. The rooms in the main building are pushing opulent with suede drapes,fine carpets and deep leather tufted finishings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel has a great view of the Douro River, incredible grounds, friendly staff and soft beds. The rooms are large and have a full bathroom including a tub. We spent a day by the pool and had great service there too. I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but wish I would have as I had a bad experience at another restaurant in town. This is a steal for the price! I would recommend you make your Douro stay here! Don't miss out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple