We stayed here in January for two nights, we were upgraded on arrival, and the staff and service were outstanding in this new hotel that opened September 2010. It has a specatuclar position over looking the Douro . We sampled one night in the restaurant where there were 3 tasting menus which could be matched by selected wines to compliment the many varied courses. To my complete surprise, although not a vegetarian one of these menus was suitable . We had the Late Bottled Vintage menu (8 courses with 5 different Portuguse wines and Port ) which although not cheap we thoroughly enjoyed . We heard that the restaurant had been awarded a Michelin award just 3 weeks previously so try it quick you will not be dissapointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yeatman is a luxury wine Hotel and Spa in Porto, Portugal, set amidst the Port wine lodges in the beautiful historic district of Vila Nova de Gaia. The Yeatman nestles on a hill, with panoramic views overlooking Porto and the River Douro. The Yeatman's 82 spacious bedrooms (4 Master Suites, 8 Suites and 70 bedrooms) all face the view of Porto and the river offering a high level of comfort and a private, spacious terrace. The Michelin star restaurant provides a creative fine dining experience where local ingredients are privileged and presented with contemporary flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yeatman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yeatman Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- The Yeatman Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia