Nice hotel,well decorated,with spacious light,pretty rooms,very good view,nice terrace overlooking the Douro.Accepts dogs for a small charge.Good hotel parking.All good points.Our room was quite a walking distance from the lifts.The room was well equipped with a good sized en-suite ,all good value for money until you order room service,all priced as one would expect in a 5 star hotel with michelin stared restaurant,in a big city,this granted,I really don't see the need to charge an additional €10 room service charge even on a cup of tea!!!!! a big let down on principle! I expect to pay more for a listed room service item,( which you do),but that is all!!Please rethink the "tacky"€10 room service charge,really I don't know how much it was for a cup of tea ,but €10 on top ???.....and every time you order something????
It's just not right!!
As for the restaurant,we had a very large tasting menu,which was quite disappointing really with the exception of two out of the many courses,nothing at all special,and certainly not the best michelin stared restaurant I've eaten in by far,nor would i rush back to,unlike my favourites,that i cannot keep away from!the wine however was excellent,i say excellent,the first wine suggested for our first course was the wine i drink every day and my favourite so no surprise there,nevertheless superb wine!The staff were ok,not very friendly,in fact,quite stuffy and cold,certainly didn't smile!!( with the exception of the sommelier.These days,modern michelin stared restaurant staff are talented enough to make you feel at ease and comfortable while maintaing professionalism and meeting your every need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yeatman is a luxury wine Hotel and Spa in Porto, Portugal, set amidst the Port wine lodges in the beautiful historic district of Vila Nova de Gaia. The Yeatman nestles on a hill, with panoramic views overlooking Porto and the River Douro. The Yeatman's 82 spacious bedrooms (4 Master Suites, 8 Suites and 70 bedrooms) all face the view of Porto and the river offering a high level of comfort and a private, spacious terrace. The Michelin star restaurant provides a creative fine dining experience where local ingredients are privileged and presented with contemporary flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yeatman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yeatman Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- The Yeatman Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia