We just stayed as a family at the Yeatman for two wonderful nights. From the moment we were picked up at the train station by the car service arranged by the hotel to the moment we were dropped off at the airport by another car service arrange by the hotel every moment we spent at the Yeatman was extraordinary. We would put the Yeatman a step above a Four Seasons and on par with the Aman Resorts this hotel very much deserves its association with Relais and Chateaux.
Each and every staff member had the perfect balance of being helpful without being annoying. The hotel is physically perfect with interesting spaces, the entire facility is well laid-out, the rooms are spacious with beautiful views.
The food in each establishment is excellent and the food at “The Restaurant” was a meal that our family will remember for a long time. Our daughter’s gluten allergy was carefully and attentively addressed by the restaurant. Her meal was identical to ours with only the most minor of alterations. In nearly every review we have ever submitted to Trip Advisor there has always been something to complain about. However, for the Yeatman everything about it was perfect. Well, o.k. we will give one complaint, the city of Porto is beautiful to look at from across the river at the Yeatman but the city itself once you get into it is a bit of a run-down uninteresting city. Though the port houses on the Yeatman side of the river are all a delight, especially Grahams.
To the staff and owners of the Yeatman – Thank you for sharing us with an absolutely wonderful place to visit.
A final note, even the cost of the Yeatman seems to be a bargain in comparison with other R&C establishments and in comparison with the other hotels we stayed at in Portugal (Lisbon and Algarve).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yeatman is a luxury wine Hotel and Spa in Porto, Portugal, set amidst the Port wine lodges in the beautiful historic district of Vila Nova de Gaia. The Yeatman nestles on a hill, with panoramic views overlooking Porto and the River Douro. The Yeatman's 82 spacious bedrooms (4 Master Suites, 8 Suites and 70 bedrooms) all face the view of Porto and the river offering a high level of comfort and a private, spacious terrace. The Michelin star restaurant provides a creative fine dining experience where local ingredients are privileged and presented with contemporary flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Yeatman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yeatman Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- The Yeatman Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia