So pleased we went to this hotel. We pre-paid a suite but on arrival, found the views not the best and downgraded to a twin room on the other side of the corridor which had absolutely stunning views of the ocean. The hotel is pitched as a 3 or 4 star, and this is appropriate. The rooms were very comfortable and clean although perhaps the soft furnishings were a little tired. Bathrooms were small although perfectly adequate. The service from staff was excellent, with room service above the level expected for this catergory of hotel. The restaurant was the surprise. It was fabulous!! Rarely would I eat in a hotel dining room more than once during a week, so good I went there 3 times! Did not use the leisure facilities as so busy enjoying the natural coastline. Location is not the best but public transport very good. Also plenty of car parking.Last thing, no problems with refund on pre-paid accommodation. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Praia de Lavadores, next to Douro's and only 10 minutes from Oporto's Historical City Centre, Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel & SPA offers an absolutely amazing view, starting with its 57 rooms, all decorated with quality and comfort so you can daily enjoy the splendor and magnificence of the Atlantic Ocean. Equipped with a large variety of facilities and services, such as 57 rooms, the "Casa Branca Restaurant", the Baccus Bar, the Alvarez Bar, Health Club with indoor heated pool, sauna, gym, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath, Golden Sense SPA with relaxing and beauty rituals, 6 meeting and banqueting rooms, Wi-Fi Internet, Room Service, Laundry Service, parking facilities, insuring all the quality and accuracy in details that qualifies our taste for welcoming and providing you an unforgettable stay. Let yourself be enthralled by the delicious local gastronomy at "Casa Branca Restaurant", where the traditional flavours mix with the most famous regional wines. In perfect harmony with nature, Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel & SPA it's strategically located 6km from Oporto City Centre, 50 km from Aveiro, 50 km from Braga and just 20 km away from the International Oporto Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Branca Beach And Golf Hotel
- Casa Branca Beach Hotel
- Hotel Casa Branca Beach
- Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel And Spa Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia