If you drive to Oporto this a great option. I found it hard to imagine what one would do with a car if you stayed in the narrow street filled center of Oporto. We were here for 3 nights. We parked the car right in front of the hotel (no charge) and left it there. One can get across the river by taxi or walk to the metro, just 15-20 minutes away. The walk is not that bad (we are in our 60's). We had a room on the Executive Floor and loved the view of the city. Staff spoke great English and were very helpful. The internet worked great and breakfast was quite good. They have a huge breakfast room and can accommodate large numbers. My only small irritation was that the air conditioning took a long time to really get the room at a decent temperature and it still felt a bit stuffy. Otherwise this is a great property to consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Holiday Inn Porto Gaia and enjoy the magnificent views over the Vila Nova Gaia and Porto cities. The Holiday Inn Porto Gaia is a four star deluxe hotel located in the heart of Vila Nova de Gaia - Porto. The hotel is only a short distance from the worldwide famous port wine cellars, the historical city center of Oporto, blue flag beaches and also train and metro station. We welcome you into our inviting and ample lobby where you can enjoy different sensations. Try the flavors of typical Portuguese food in our restaurant and bar "Food & Friends." Our rooms and suites are the perfect place to disconnect from the outside world and appreciate the small details like the complimentary internet access. Our executive floor located on the 22nd floor is an experience that you need to try. All the bedrooms located in this floor have access to the executive lounge, to the gym and the amazing panoramic view over the river Douro and the cities of Vila Nova de Gaia e Porto. The hotel Holiday Inn is the perfect choice for your meeting or event. We have at your disposal a congress center with 1500 m2 and 16 meeting rooms equipped with stat of the art audiovisual technology and a group of specialized professionals that will help you. Its strategic location with Porto Congress center, the short distance from the Trade Fair Centers - Exponor and Europarque and the airport Sá Carneiro make Holiday Inn Porto Gaia the perfect choice for leisure as well as business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Porto Gaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- Melia Hotel Gaia Porto
- Sol Melia Gaia Porto
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia