Can only echo other reviewsl & would definitely recommend- fully deserves 4* rating yet hotel is great value for money. Rooms very clean & comfortable & good quality food including show cooking - excellent choice even when full board.
We stayed in low/mid season (end May/ early June) and the hotel was very under -occupied - no problems in getting sun lunger but it did meant that speciality restaurant and on site 'Irish' pub were closed. No organised entertainment when we stayed -but to be honest that suited us fine as we were looking for a quiet break.
Booked hotel partly based on pools & were not disappointed. Large outdoor pool very good for swimming - was a little cold, but to be expected early in season. Another large pool was covered over, heated and very warm. It was nice not to have to pay extra to access a heated pool - several hotels I've stayed in recently have charged for this but not at Marina Playa, although there is of course a separate charge for Spa facilities.
Thought price we paid was excellent value for money - the hotel even provided us with a picnic to take away on the last day as we were leaving before lunch time and had paid for full board.
Would stay again - hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: Unbeatable seafront location and just 50 metres from Marina Golf course, 18 holes par 72, providing special discounts for hotel guests, and very close to Cabo de Gata Natural Park. Facilities and services: - Sun terrace provided with 4 large freeform salted-water swimming pools for adults and children. In winter one pool converts to an indoor heated pool. Pool bar. - Amusement arcade and children’s playground. - Delfi children’s club (high season) with its own mascot, workshops and activities (children under 4 years must be accompanied by an adult). - Complete Wellness Centre (supplement) including fitness area, and sauna, jacuzzis, Turkish bath, massages and facial and body treatments. - Servigroup Sports: accommodation and special services for professional teams and amateur (biking, professional cycling, bmx racing, triathlon, and paddle and golf tournaments). Engine´s concentrations and presentations (Almeria´s circuit at 60 km). - Paddle Club with four courts (supplement). - Scuba Diving lessons for all levels: pool and open water dives (summer and winter, supplement). - Irish pub and snack bar. - Entertainment programme for adults and children (high season). In summer the hotel provides open air night musical shows in the hotel terrace (consult days with the hotel). - Meeting rooms for meetings, conferences and events, TV room. - Hairdresser in high season (supplement), gift shops and newsagents. - Free Wi-fi throughout the hotel. - Internet connection at reception area (supplement). - “Cala Marina” refreshment stand on the beach, very popular for its espetos and mojitos with chill out area and theme parties at night. Reserved beach area for customers’ use, hire of sunbeds available (supplement). - Hotel-owned covered/outdoor parking spaces (supplement): 356. Rooms: - 334 large and comfortable rooms with balcony and with superb views, 2 queen size beds of 135x200 cm. each (extra beds are not allowed) and fully equipped: air conditioning (depends on the season) and heating, full bathroom, hairdryer, balcony, direct dial telephone, flat screen TV, mini fridge, safe and intelligent locking system. - No extra beds possible. - It also has two suites provided with hydromassages, large terrace and jacuzzi. - The hotel has double rooms accessible for disabled people located in the plant of reception (advanced booking by phone or e-mail). Fully equipped bathroom (bath or shower) with elements such as barriers, mirror with inclination and sink without base. -Swimming pool adapted for adequate access. Restaurants: - - Main hotel restaurant: providing buffet service and “show cooking”. The buffet offers an exquisite and balanced Mediterranean cuisine, national and international dishes, delicious desserts, special themed menus, children’s menus in high season, special celiac menu on request and options for people with allergy problems. - Italian Restaurant "Il Girasole" offering delicious a la carte dishes. (Open only on certain dates - supplement). Fire and safety installations adapted to current European regulations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Servigroup, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Servigroup Marina Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Marina Playa Mojacar, Almeria, Spain
- Servigroup Marina Playa Hotel Mojacar