“Another fantastic relaxing holiday”
Review of Hotel Best Indalo

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Mojacar
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just returned from another 2 weeks holiday at the wonderful indalo hotel. On our arrival at 1pm we were made very welcome by reception staff who remembered us from last year. Our room was ready and as had been done previously we had been allocated a room with a garden view as requested by myself via email. Rooms are cleaned daily and all maids work extremely hard and remain bright and cheerful.
It was great to be greeted by Sergio at the restaurant which still offers a great variety of food for everyone.
On our trip into the garden the following day to relax and bathe in the spa we were welcomed back by Adrian the lifeguard who also remembered us from our previous visit. This young lad does a great job of keeping the garden and bar area tidy all day and always makes time to speak to you.
At lunch time we ventured out to Badgers restaurant where we were waited on by lovely staff. All I can say is that the food is outstanding.
For the evening, after a lovely stroll along the promenade we called into the emerald isle pub for a couple of drinks (great service and staff) before ending the evening in our favourite bar Alkhaza being waited on by Juan who welcomed us back with a lovely cheerful smile.
A visit to Mojacar old town and garrucha are a must. Bus costs 1 Euro 20.
It was lovely to once again meet other British couples who we met last year, including Spanish couples. Spanish guests were lovely greeting us with a hola or Buenas Dias.
This hotel and resort is very much a popular haven for Spanish people. This we liked to get the feel of the Spanish culture. English tourists must expect a largely Spanish feel to their stay with not much English.

Room Tip: Request a garden room. Quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marion T
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Marion T.,

We really like reading your words of praise from our staff and establishment, this is the best gift to our daily task.
We will be really glad to see you back next year. Keeping our regular guests´ loyalty is our main objective, because without you, this wouldn´t be possible

Hotel Best Indalo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here as a first mainland Spain holiday, the hotel was clean and staff friendly, food good with the option to have freshly cooked crepes for breakfast. A good base for excursions into the village of Mojacar or the Mini Hollywood film set, there is a pool and outdoor jacuzzi on site and spaces fod guests not usually a problem.
The only downside to this hotel is that it is mainly geared up for the Spanish, not many english visitors so the bar staff often didn't speak english but they were polite and some even helped with much amusement our fumbled attempt at ordering drinks in Spanish. The evening entertainment was all in Spanish to start until they realised that there were English guests staying. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank maddog190462
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Maddog190462

I can only thank you for this polite comment. The fact of you having a nice experience with us is our great satisfaction and the reason why we work hard each day. Thank you for sharing it on Tripadvisor.

Directora Hotel Best Indalo

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Wow what an amazing holiday this was. I travelled with my husband and 6 year old daughter. We arrived just after midday, the reception was busy but they were efficient. Our room was a pool view and was perfect for what we needed. The aircon was lovely!! And much needed and the weather was hot hot hot! We were lucky enough that the wifi also still worked in our room. Only down side is the entertainment went on till 11.30. Perfect to watch from our balcony but not so good if u did fancy an earlier night.

Pool: lovely and spacious with plenty of loungers. Did not have to get up early to reserve your spot (only people doing this was us English and that was still after 8.30). However if u did get to the pool after 11 you may have to search a little. Pool was clean as was the pool area. The bar man started at 7.30am ensuring it was tidy. The lifeguard also kept everywhere tidy. The beach is across the road and at least twice a day I would pop over from a swim in the gorgeous sea. Again the beach is so clean and tidy.

Food: again for a 3 star this was very good and varied with themed nights. Snacks in the days were lovely and I lost count the amount of ice lollies my daughter and her friend had daily.

Entertainment: there were 4 entertainment staff who I thought worked there socks off day and night. It is mainly Spanish but so much effort was made to include the English as well. Bar staff also worked very hard especially in the eve.

Overall: this is still a very Spanish resort which personally I loved! After all I have come abroad to a foreign country so I want to sample the local culture. If you are expecting England but just hotter then this is not the place for you. Maybe stay in England. This was the most relaxing holiday we have had.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Sammy217
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Sammy217,

I thank your comments, it´s the best way to know the guests´level of satisfaction. Just let you know that it´s our objective that you spend the best days of your holidays and that´s why we work hard and we try improving day after day, without no doubt comments like yours are the best gift to the daily effort of Hotel Best Indalo´s team.
It´s a great pleasure to know that you´ve enjoyed your holidays and you also keep a pleasant regard of your visit, that´s why we hope that next year you choose our hotel again to spend your holidays.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel caters for families like no other! From the moment we arrived to the moment we had to say adios, we experienced attention to detail like no other.

Every member of the staff is very helpful, patient and caring.

The hotel facilities are extensive and run as a slick operation. The pools are very clean, the lifeguards attentive, the jacuzzi is in a gorgeous setting and is very bubbly!

The restaurants are busy at peak times and the range of foods is very good. Again, the waiting staff work quickly to see to everyone's needs. The stirfry chef is a genius.

The bedrooms are large with lots of wardrobe space and the bathrooms have a full suite (bath, bidet, shower, sink, toilet). The chambermaids cope very well with all the mess and mayhem. We had a seaview from our balcony which was very special - the sunrises are spectacular.

The landscaping and gardens are beautfiul with lots of light and shade for those very hot days.

The beach is literally across the road from the hotel and Debbie's beach bar is charming - she is a star! The sea here has a Blue Flag status and is as clear as crystal. The beach is cleaned every night.

The extensive promonade runs for miles and is popular with walkers, joggers, skaters and strollers and is ideal for an early morning workout or after dinner stroll in the moonlight.

Thank you to all at the Best Hotel Indalo for a wonderful time and I can't wait to come back to stay again soon.

2  Thank Lucky1adykim1207

Dear Mr. Lucky,
Thank you very much to share your experience on Tripadvisor
Our best satisfaction is that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they want to visit us again. On behalf of the hotel team and myself, many thanks for your kind words.
We hope to see you soon again at our hotel
Best Regards.

Best Indalo

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Having thoroughly read reviews for most of the hotels in this area, then comparing them to prices I went with this hotel. I stayed here with my son for one week, returning home this morning. I went quite nervous about what I would find but was pleasantly surprised, particularly as this was my first trip abroad with my son!

Firstly many people have mentioned that the hotel caters for the Spanish, and yes there are an awlfull lot of Spanish people there but all the staff made an effort to communicate with me in what English they had, some obivously better than others. However ALL of them spoke better english than most english people speak a forign language. I did not take spanish at school but was able to communicate all my needs quite adequately.

There were a couple of staff that I came accross that need a lesson in customer service, but for the most part the staff were welcoming, accommodating and eager to help.

If you have kids or are early to bed, you need to request a garden view room as the poolside is very loud until half eleven/twelve at night but then the hotel seems to quieter right down.

The Spaniards eat late so by half nine for breakfast, twoish for lunch and Nine ish for dinner the restaurants get really busy. However before this they are quite calm, plus you can play spot the English families as we tend to eat earlier! The food...hmmm this is where the hotel lets itself down I think. There was lots of it, and lots of different things, but little difference between lunch and dinner every day. If you go in and have a simple meal, ie spag bog one night, pork the next you'll do fine. If you go straight in trying everything you'll get bored quickly. I was all inclusive but ate approximately half my meals off site. However I still think it was worth it, as the difference in price between hotel only and all inclusive was so marginal.

The pool is great for the kids, plus there is a shallow toddler pool and a jacuzzi. It is right on the beach, which is a rough sand but that doesn't stop anyone thoroughly enjoying it.

Note to the wise it is seriously hot in this area, average of 38 every day I was there and the evenings didn't drop below 26, but a parasol when you get there, 10€ give or take its definitely worth it for the beach!

The yellow busses travel a circuit from outside the hotel, up to mojacar pueblo, down to the other end of the beach/resort and back to the hotel for €1.20 so you can't get lost on it. Definitely worth getting the hang of early on. There is also a white bus (charges according to where you want to go but is only €1.50 per person to vera) which runs the length of the beach then up to Garrucha and Vera where there is a small but pleasant water park for the kids. The yellow bus comes every half hour and the white every hour. The hotel is right at the end of the long long beach. At the other end is the more youthfulness trendy areas. If you are young you'll probably not want to come here but for people looking for a calmer holiday with less drunks or a suitable place for a family, this end of the resort is great as its quieter but there is an efficient bus service to easily get you to other parts of the beach.

Mojacar pueblo is a must see town perched high in the mountains (although if you are scared of heights/drops it is not that scary going up there, I managed it and I hate mountain roads so don't let that out you off).

The cleaning staff are lovely and regularly change towels, bed linen etc and are always smiling!

I realise this is a long review but I wanted to be comprehensive, in summary this is not the ritz but you are paying for a three star hotel and this is what you get. As long as you are prepared to eat out or eat similar foods, this will be a lovely place to stay. I would probably not go back there, purely as I like to explore new places, but it was a wonderful place to give me the confidence to travel alone with my son.

Room Tip: If you want quiet or have young children ask for a garden view room, you can still see the sea here...
7  Thank liv2190
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Liv2190,

We would like to thank you for your comment concerning your stay in our Hotel Indalo because our guests´ satisfaction is our main objective. This is the best gift we can have to our daily task, to know that you have enjoyed your holidays. We wish we can greet you again in some of our establishments.

Best Regards,

Sonia León
Directora Hotel
Best Indalo

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The reason we selected this hotel was nice long beach that is just a few steps from the reception hall. The beach and overall area/location is very nice and can be absolutely recommended. There is also lots of good restaurants around to choose from. All of them are fine (we were on Half board so we visited them quite frequently with children) but one was really really good - Arríba Café Bar. Perfect food, environment, customer service. Go there if you can!

I can also recommend using local bus - it is just 1,20 €/person, quite empty, air-conditioned and it goes e.g. to historical Mojácar that is worth visiting.

Hotel is average and would diffinitely need quite a lot of investment. We were, however, prepared for this from images. No deal breaker when you do not expect too much and use hotel just for sleeping. What I was not prepared for was the food - the selection of food (breakfast was fine except of artificial "machine" caffe) was very limited and it was quite hard to find something you would enjoy. Absolutely no success with desert for the whole stay for example. There are 2 hotel restaurants (2nd and 3rd floor) - the one on 3rd floor is a bit more spacious (still try to avoid rush hours if possible) and seems to have higher variety of food. Try to avoid all-inclusive in this hotel, you will not probably enjoy it as in other hotels...

Cleanliness was a bit below average from my point of view. Cleaning ladies were nice, coming daily and changing the towels regularly, but there were lots of less visible corners nobody apparently touched for a very long time in the room. It would make sense hotel management goes to the rooms and check what could be improved in the rooms.

Hotel stuff was pleasant with some minor issues you will always meet.

If your priority is nice location, close beach and you do not mind to stay in average hotel, no problem to select this one. I will not probably come back and try different hotel in the area next time.

Room Tip: I would try to avoid rooms around hotel pool - it can be quite noisy.
3  Thank Marthy_77
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Marthy_77,

Thank you for opining of our hotel on the TrypAdvisor website. You can be sure that we seriously bear in mind our guests´ comments because they give us the opportunity of improving.

We feel really sorry for not fulfilling your hopes but, I would like to explain that the 50% of the rooms were refurbished last winter and next one, the rest will be done.
So this way, on your next stay you will be able to confirm the improvements.

We hope to welcome you again in the future,

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Best hotel Indalo.Very nice hotel comfortable rooms plenty of towel changes and regular room cleaning,we had a sea side view overlooking the pool which proved to be rather noisy especially at night if you got back before 11 30 pm.We were half board the food was very good plenty of choice at breakfast and evening meals,only downside was dinner did not start till 8 pm.This hotel caters mainly for the Spanish and their families but this was not a problem to us we enjoyed using the few Spanish phrases and the waiters and staff appreciated this.The resort itself has a nice walk along the seafront and the local buses charge 1 20 euro,s to go most places and run every half hour,all in all a lovely holiday and of course the weather was excellent.We visited Kuki,s bar most evenings where Jose Alan and Kuki made us very welcome...overall we had an enjoyable holiday...

Room Tip: we had a side sea view but would have preferred a garden view as we overlooked the pool which could...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple