“Good lunch spot!”

Ranked #89 of 221 Restaurants in Mojacar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Retains its boho feel with simple, tasty menu at good prices. Salads were good and paella looked fab although too big for us at lunch.

Love the touch of serving beer in frozen glasses, so worth ordering small and frequent!

Still has the ring game that's been there since the day dot!

Lots of competition since we were last here but still attracts a slightly older crowd (30's +) rather than the teen scene.

Family friendly.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Been a regular at El Cid every year since 2005. It's not as polished as its neighbours buts its an authentic piece of Mojacar history, brilliant. (And now with wifi!)

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by the HPB resort where we were staying. All I can say is don't eat here. We ordered two dish of the days from the daily specials - sardines and tuna. The tuna was pan fried to within an inch of its life and served with nothing but greasy fries. The sardines were slightly better and served with nothing. Nice setting but could do with a chef.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have been going to Mojacar since before I could walk but this place is best experienced when you are old enough to party well.

The feta salad here is the best I have ever had and the most nutritious meal I had all holiday.

On our first visit here (which wasn't our last in a week), the staff were definitely in a party mood for a lunch time, the music was fantastic and we all had such a laugh, watching them dancing and turning up the music with the better songs.

If you do go here, and you must, you have to try a cocktail or 3, they are 6euro each and you are not short changed on the fresh ingredients and booze!

Plus its right on the beach....what more can you ask for??

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We love this beach bar but today I had a disappointing meal. I ordered a salad with prawns & avocado, this was served up with loads of green salad and must have been a 1/4 of an avocado chopped into little pieces and half a dozen if lucky of the smallest prawns I have had the misfortune of eating in this lovely area of fish meals. We did get a discount but as there are a few other beach bars on this strip of beach I think we will be giving El Cid a miss for a while and try the others