“We always return”

Price range: US$30 - US$41
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Mirlo Blanco is located in a delightful setting in a traditional whitewashed building typical of the Malaga region in the centre of Mijas. The restaurant can seat 60 diners in two dining rooms that feature wonderful open fireplaces, although in the warmer months diners can eat on the terrace with its splendid views over the town and the nearby mountains. The restaurant offers traditional Basque cooking using the finest seasonal ingredients. Its extensive menu changes with the seasons with specialities that include beef stew, baby squid or excellent cod, among many others. There is also a long list of wines and spirits. El Mirlo Blanco is a great choice at any time of year, whether you choose to sit by the fire on cold days or on its wonderful terrace in summer.
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Lovely location on a balcony with vines and pot plants , an old family run restaurant , old Spanish dishes combined with traditional EU styles, hot breads and cheese balls to keep you going , this restaurant is a must and like us you will keep coming back. Meals for two including wine , water and starter mixed salads or Spanish starters €30 a head.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have lived in Spain for 10 years, this is possibly the best restaurant out of many that I have been to in that time. I had the beef which melted in my mouth, others with me had the sole and garlic chicken which were highly commended, especially the sauces.
Dont forget to dip your bread in the olive oil they provide in a little bowl . It was so good I bought a bottle !
Finally, the restaurant is located overlooking a beautiful square in the heart of the old town...really a perfect setting.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

A very good location ,nice friendly restaurant over looking the plaza .Its not cheap ,still its good .Its very nice sitting at night over looking the Plaza de la Constitucion .

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The restaurant itself is nice and the setting gorgeous, overlooking one of the squares in Mijas. However, we were disappointed with the food. The steak was very good but the snails in a tomato sauce were tasteless. I was also dismayed to see that we were charged for the bread rolls. In such an expensive restaurant I would have thought that they would have been included. We would definitely not go again.

A bottle of wine in this restaurant that is under 6 euros in the supermarket was nearly 20!

There are much cheaper restaurants that are just as pretty and in the same location.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We ate here as a couple on a lovely evening in June. Not a massive choice on the menu but enough. I tried the oxtail which was lovely and tender. My wife had pork chops which although looked dry she said were superb. The table next to us had a souffle dessert which was massive and looked very nice.

Location was lovely overlooking the small square. We booked in advance and I am glad we did as all the outside tables were taken.

Although service was very attentive it was not over friendly. Some staff were nice others very sullen.

Price I would say say was in line with the other nicer restaurants in Mijas village.

1  Thank Alshepuk