“Excellent restaurant near the bull ring” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante El Mirlo Blanco

Restaurante El Mirlo Blanco
Ranked #13 of 442 Restaurants in Mijas
Price range: US$27 - US$38
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: El Mirlo Blanco is located in a delightful setting in a traditional whitewashed building typical of the Malaga region in the centre of Mijas. The restaurant can seat 60 diners in two dining rooms that feature wonderful open fireplaces, although in the warmer months diners can eat on the terrace with its splendid views over the town and the nearby mountains. The restaurant offers traditional Basque cooking using the finest seasonal ingredients. Its extensive menu changes with the seasons with specialities that include beef stew, baby squid or excellent cod, among many others. There is also a long list of wines and spirits. El Mirlo Blanco is a great choice at any time of year, whether you choose to sit by the fire on cold days or on its wonderful terrace in summer.
Naples, Florida
“Excellent restaurant near the bull ring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've been to Mijas many times and usually looked for a restaurant with a view. However, I decided to give this restaurant overlooking the square a try. It appears to be family run and it's excellent. There were 4 of us and we all ordered something different. Each dish was excellent. It's highly recommendable.

• Visited October 2013

Godalming, United Kingdom
“Proper Andalucian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

A lovely little restaurant - family run with view over the village square. Authentic cuisine which features a lot of cured hams and fish. Slightly slow and erratic service but it was packed full on a Thursday night in October so I'd recommend booking and not expecting a quick meal. My partners trout and ham was exquisite and my artichoke and ham (hot) was both unusual and tasty. A definate 'should go' recommendation

• Visited October 2013
Polegate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Back again a few months after our last review and delighted to report that the food, service and ambience were still first class. The cold Tomato and Garlic soup followed by the Duck a l'Orange is one of my favourite combinations.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was our last night in Andalucia and we wanted something special and boy did we get just that.

The woven vine terrace of the restaurant overlooks the plaza in the heart of Mijas pueblo which is a lovely setting to enjoy a beautifully cooked meal.

We were given complementary Croquetas which were delicious. I had the avocado and prawn starter and it was the best value for money I have ever seen. One whole avocado and about 15 king prawns, the only criticism i have is that I couldn't stop myself eating it and I filled myself up a bit too much before my main!
My partner and I both had steaks, one with peppercorn sauce and one steak Dianna (which is onions fried in mustard as a topping on the steak), both allowed the knife to glide through the meat and it melted in your mouth, just superb.

We passed on dessert and the gin menu but if you can, order from both as they look fabulous.

It is a family run restaurant which is why I think the standard is so high. I would rush back here any day of the week if I could and if you ever find yourself in Mijas it is most certainly worth a visit.

P.s They also have a hostel above the restaurant which if you are a traveller, I would definitely recommend you check out.

• Visited September 2013
Arbroath, United Kingdom
“excellent family run restaurant with freshly cooked food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is my second visit to this restaurant. Family on hand at all times overseeing every detail.
First decided to eat here after looking into the immaculate kitchens with chefs in white's on view when walking down the hill from the Bull ring.Everything is good in this place. You will notice lots of locals dinning in the room at the rear.

• Visited September 2013