“3rd trip to L'escala, this time to get Married!!”
Review of L'escala Hotel

L'escala Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Mijas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I love writing my trip advisor reviews and this is my first as a married man!! I first visited L'escala in June of 2012 and fell in love with this gorgeous place (my previous reviews give all the detail about my first experiences). It was there and then that we decided L'escala would be the place were we would say 'I do'. I've previously written about the hotel and the excellent levels of service you receive but I have never witnessed it on such a large scale as I did this time as myself, friends and family hired the whole hotel. The owners Les and David were like our personal assistants all week, they went beyond everyone’s expectations with their personal style of hospitality and general support throughout everyone’s stay. I have never seen so many people not only happy but truly blessed to be spending their holidays and my wedding in this stunning hotel. I was in room 1 this time, the Cordoba suite, which was the perfect honeymoon retreat (love the jacuzzi bath!!). My family and friends were spread out in all the other rooms which gave me the opportunity to have a good nosey round at every room that id not seen before in my previous stays. From the roof terrace suite to the ground floor apartment this hotel really gives the space and elegance you need whilst on vacation. It also provides excellent choice for families and groups as I found out this time round with all my guests. I had my wedding ceremony and evening reception in the Copacabana area in the grounds of the hotel, this gorgeous versatile space really was the perfect setting for our September wedding. Les and David were on hand all week for anything we needed and made sure all our guests were looked after. This consisted of errands to the local village and daily personal interaction ensuring everyone’s holiday was what they wanted. The airports transfers were flawless and easy as Les is the perfect professional. The pool area made for an excellent daily chill out area with the outside BBQ coming in very handy for our catering needs. We all made good use of the local area, restaurants, beaches and local markets. If anyone reading this review is thinking of getting married at L'escala I know Les has all the details of the wedding planner we used (who was worth every penny) and has lots of photo's of the layout etc for the wedding day itself. Since returning home I can't tell you how many conversations, texts and face book updates that I’ve received regarding what an amazing week my guests had at L'escala. I can't thank L'escala enough for being the place it is and Les and David for hosting such a quality venue and stunning hotel. I've said it before and I’m saying it again, L'escala leads by example when it comes to the boutique hotel experience and delivers beyond my highest expectations every time I visit. I have already booked my ten night stay next year with all my family and can't wait!!!!

I love L'escala and know you will too x

Gareth Thomas
26/09/2013

2  Thank Gaz1982Manchester

Reviewed 26 September 2013

One word describes this amazing hotel and Les and David who run it.... WOW!!

I have just returned from an amazing 5 days, celebrating a family wedding that was held in the grounds of the hotel.

The hotel is beautiful.... beautifully decorated bedrooms (and that is all of them). I stayed in the top floor Eden Suite which consists of a double room with 4 poster bed, a gorgeous bathroom and a further bedroom with 2 single beds in. What makes it even more perfect is the huge roof terrace that comes with this room.... AMAZING!. Also the finishing little touches, flatscreen TV's, a fridge and the bottle of wine, fruit on your arrival.

The rest of the hotel is equally beautiful and very tastefully decorated.

The pool area is fantastic - plenty of sunbeds, chairs and shade if you want it. I must say also that the pool is extremely clean. Joining the pool area is the Coco Copana.... an area with comfy sofas and bbq area - there is even a fridge to keep your drinks cold whilst sunbathing - Perfect!

L'escala is around 5 mins walk to the village with plenty of fantastic restaurants and the beach.

Believe me.... you will not be disappointed with this little gem and it's truly amazing owners.

Thank you Les and David for making us all feel so welcome. You truly made our boys day very special and equally our holiday. Lots of very happy memories for us to treasure for the rest of our lives.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Wow what can you say about this hotel simply stunning. Les and David the owners are amazing make you feel so welcome and nothing is to much trouble. The hotel is set in the most gorgeous place and only 5 minutes from the beach and restaurants. The pool area is like a little sun trap and a fantastic size. I would recommend this place to anybody and will be doing in the future I can not wait to return there myself either with my family or friends who I know will equally fall in love with the place. The rooms are all decorated beautiful the one I stayed in was at the top of the hotel with a private roof terrace and was just out of this would. I would like to thank Les and David for the AMAZING time that I had and will definitely see you soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have just returned from L'escala for a friends wedding .... Wow what an AMAZING hotel this is. Les and David make you feel like you are at home here, the rooms are all so beautiful and tastefully decorated - I stayed in the room at the top of the hotel which has a huge private terrace, its beyond beautiful! As the wedding party all stayed here I saw all of the rooms and honestly would not have minded which one I stayed in, they're all so different but equally beautiful.

The wedding itself was in the grounds of the hotel and Les and David made everything look so beautiful and hosted a special day in what is a special place, I would recommend to anybody to get married here!!

Les picks you up and takes you to the airport as well as offering to take you anywhere you want! He kindly ran us all around all over the place and always did it with a smile, its just all part of the fantastic service!

The hotel is in a great location, its nice and peaceful but just a 5 minute walk to the beach, some great restaurants or to the supermarket .... it doesn't get any more perfect! The ppol is a great size and the grounds of the hotel are kept immaculate.

I really can not wait to go back and will without a doubt be recommending L'escala to my family and friends .... Thank you Les and David for a truly wonderful time and I hope to see you again very soon :-)

Room Tip: Any of them ... they are all just beautiful and you wouldn't be disappointed in any of the rooms...
1  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for a week on the 9th September with my husband and we will def be back. We had a brill time at this lovely 5 star hotel and will recommend to all my friends and family, it is in a lovely quiet location only 10 min walk to the beach but the hotel has a lovely pool which was a lovely temp, i even thought it was heated which it is not. There is everything at the hotel you could need as you have the full use of the kitchen. Les and David are great hosts and nothing is any trouble to them that is why the hotel is such a sucess and a credit to them. Les picked us up from the airport and then took us on a tour of Mijas to show us the restaurants, shops and bus stops etc we had been in Mijas 4 years before but it opened more restaurants since then, a lovely location.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's difficult to say more than has been said already. Just a magical place. Les and David are charming hosts and the hotel and grounds are immaculate. Les took us to see a flamenco show - the Vicente Renero company. We enjoyed it so much we went twice. All part of the stunning service that goes to making L"Escala one of my very favourite places. This was our second visit and won't be our last!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieChurch-T
Reviewed 10 September 2013

During our stay at this super boutique hotel we could not fault one single thing. The apartment we stayed in had two bedrooms, large living room, kitchen and bathroom and was cleaned every day.. I would recommend this hotel to any family or group of five persons. The location was first class as the beach and village were within walking distance. Beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa
#3 of 33 in Estepona
La Cala Resort
La Cala Resort
#1 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas

Been to L'escala Hotel? Share your experiences!