“Amazing holiday”

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Where do I start? I've just been here on a family girls holiday and stayed here for 4 days, arrived early hours 26 April 2014. This was so much more than we expected, we stayed all inclusive and the food and drinks were fantastic! Buffet breakfast...amazing, buffet evening meal... never went hungry, the lunch was a set menu but 3 choices for all 3 courses plus a choice from the snack bar menu, burgers, chips, sandwiches, the list goes on..., we had 3 adults in our room and all wanted our own beds we had , 1 double bed, 2 singles, there was plenty of room! there were 2 or 3 plug sockets but we took a multi adapter and were fine. No kettle in he room but we took a travel one. The only problem I had was my matteress but within 10 minutes I had a new one! The staff are great!

Every where is so clean!! When we did stay by the pool for the day we were the only ones there, then the coach came late afternoon from the Riviera Tours and everyone was lovely.

The weather averaged 28 degrees, not a cloud in the sky!

You can get the bus to Mijas 15 mins or to Fuengirola 15 mins 1euro 55, buses are every 30 mins.

This is a beautiful hotel and a lot bigger than it looks.

I would like to thank all the staff at Hacienda for having us (and Veronica lol), can't wait to see you all next year! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank claire m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 29 April 2014

the hotel was in the middle of nowhere so we had to stick with it. Although there was an outdoor swimming pool we were not allowed to swim before 10 am. breakfast & dinner were mediocre. Because it was too far to the centre we had to dine in in the evening. The weather was very nice and warm but dinning outside was banned. The room and bathroom were clean and there were toothbrushs, razers and shampoo etc in the bathroom. Actually ,this hotel was our first and the best accommodation compare to the rest -Hotel Don Paco in Seville and Hotel Corona in Granada- The meals should have to be improved. Briefly, The Riviera Tour was a bad choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Raymond L
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for first night of tour. Hotel clean , staff friendly ,every thing worked. Good pool with great views.
Dinner buffet, meats so so, salads fine.
Bit noisy as lots of families.
Breakfast as you would expect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've stayed in Hacienda puerta del sol with a group.Its located on a slope over Mediteranean sea with great view.Rooms are big and clean.The staff is very helpful and the manager Jose Antonio is there to give solution to any problem.The restaurant is very good with many different choices of salads starters and at list three main dishes.Your man there is Raphael.Hola Rafa...The only think they have to correct is the coffe at the breakfast which is very good also especially churros.My espresso Rafa...Very nice swimming pool magical at the sunset.Recomented

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nikolaos R
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night at start if a guided tour. Hotel is good in a nice location. Our room was comfy, but a bit 'bog standard'. Wasn't too impressed with the bar menu food but that may be my choice - my wife enjoyed her mushroom omelet. Would I stay again? Yes, I think I would.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

In Spain for a quick 3 night property viewing trip. I chose this hotel as I thought how cheap it was for bed and breakfast in a 4 star hotel, even if it was beginning of April.
The downsides first - the buffet breakfast and the buffet evening meal, which was also reasonably priced, was not the best food you are going to find in Andalucia. No a la carte. No room service. The Air conditioning is not switched onto the cooling option until June apparently- if you suffer from mosquito bites as I do avoid opening the windows at night and don't forget to bring mosquito machines as I was bitten dreadfully on Friday night after the weather improved during the day. Short staffed as you would expect out of season. Trying to get a drink at the pool after a long day was impossible- no- one in sight- a trail back to the bar to order. The orange juice available with the free buffet breakfast is just awful - they have a natural orange juice machine in the bar area but it doesn't open until after breakfast closes- lost business opp there as I would have ordered and paid extra for the freshly squeezed orange juice as I expect most other patrons would have.

The positives- the staff are a joy- really helpful and pleasant. The room was a good size and the bed comfortable- a rarity for me so good nights sleep ( other than the mosquito attack ). Flat screen TV but really only any good if you want to listen to Sky & BBC world news or you are fluent in Spanish.

A large well presented hotel with a great deal going for it. I will use it again for certain if I have to book into a hotel locally.

tip: Look for it to the left, immediately off one of the roundabouts on the road from Fuengirola - Mijas Pueblo- just after the Valparaiso restaurant. Their sign is easily missed if travelling from the airport/ coast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sooz18
York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

As other reviewers, we stayed for one night on a Riviera holiday. Really lovely hotel, comfortable rooms, great location with stunning view to the Med. Our room was at the ide of the hotel, overlooking some houses but peaceful all the same.
My only moan would be the food. Difficult to have a rolling buffet I know but very disappointing. Breakfast was ok with a wide range of fruit etc. but the "orange juice" should be avoided!!!!!!

Nice relaxing lounge area for after-meal drinks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LollyYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
TRH Mijas
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Resort & Spa Reserva del Higueron
ILUNION Fuengirola
ILUNION Fuengirola
#8 of 37 in Fuengirola

Been to ILUNION Hacienda del Sol? Share your experiences!