“Super hotel - brilliant staff”
Review of Hotel Tamisa Golf

Hotel Tamisa Golf
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My son's wedding reception was held at the Tamisa in July with over 100 guests with most of them staying at the Tamisa. John Peach and his staff were superb during our 4 day stay and the organisation of the wedding breakfast was exceptional. Since our return all the guests can talk about is what a fabulous wedding it was, and a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Tamisa. The staff were attentive to any individuals needs with nothing being too much trouble. We will be going back to the Tamisa in the future because of this and also the location is convenient for access to several local resorts.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on a great offer and really enjoyed it. We found the hotel position fabulous for visiting both Mijas and Fuengirola but the real plus point is that it is on a championship golf course. Our room had a fancy B&O TV, a large balcony and the golf course view. The poolside bar served drinks on the terrace and also in the hotel lounge. We also ate in the restaurant which was separate to the bar but also overlooked the pool. There was a set menu option with much choice which was 25 Euro and considering what was served was really excellent value. On the second night we had Chateaubriand which was beautifully cooked and carved at the table. I must say we found it very romantic, the service was very attentive and felt that the guys wanted to look after their guests. The buffet breakfast was well prepared and eating by the pool started off our day well. The owner I think is Scottish and was always there in the background making sure that guests were well looked after.
I can only summarise that this is a well run owner driver hotel that gave us excellent value, we will go back.

Room Tip: We liked the top floor but there are only about 24 rooms so I suppose it does not really matter!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had booked a full body massage at the hotel spa with high expectations, but when we arrived it was a very different story. The staff were rude, and doubted are booking, then didn't apologise when they realised they were wrong. The spa was rubbish. We has to pay extra if we wanted to use the indoor pool facilities - even though it was originally implied it was included. The gym could only be described as a cloakroom full of antique equipment. The actual treatment was ok, although questionable. All in all, i would never recommend this hotel. Its crap.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank parksy102
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I got married here (I will just add 5 years ago now in March 2007 but I think the same staff are still there and I have visited the restaurant and other events since!) We had a last minute date and gave them 4 weeks notice and they were fantastic. They helped with numbers for photographers and florists (both English speaking) and nothing was too much hassle. I had a few extra meetings with them no problem at all.

The menu was fantastic and unfortunately in March it was a little chilly to dine outside so we ate inside but it was nicely laid out and it was still ok to wonder in and out and around. It would have been much better outside though. We pre-chose our menu and our guests had 3 options of each course to choose from as they arrived on the day. We had many more guests turn up then we had planned for throughout the day and there were no complaints. I didnt even notice they had set up another table and accomodated for them in the background which many venues wouldnt allow.

The wedding suite was large and perfect for getting ready and relaxing after a long day. In the evening myself and my husband ordered room service which they didn't charge us for. An added bonus!

The service itself was in a beautiful corner of the gardens and I got some fantastic photos outside around the pool and among the trees with the wonderful views of the mountains.

Ok so the negatives (which aren't major negatives)...
They said they would provide the flowers for the table decorations and that they would phone the florist to match what I had ordered for my bouquets. I had roses and the table decorations, which we didn't see until we arrived on the day, were cheap flowers that only matched the colour scheme and looked tacky. It didnt dampen the day but had I known I would have provided my own.

Also at our evening reception we shared the dance floor with a few customers from their restaurant in the adjoining room so it wasn't exclusive although this was later in the evening and it didnt bother us but for some this would be a big negative.

Finally we had a choice of a singer for our wedding ceremony and could choose a song as part of the service and price. The lady was LOVELY but unfortunately her singing wasn't as lovely as she was and I giggled silently all the way through and as my shoulders were shaking all my guests thought I was crying from the touching moment. I hadn't heard her before and I would have opted out had I known but it is something we laugh about now.

Overall I would get married here all over again (not that I plan to re-marry any time soon!) I have been to a few other events and parties here such as birthdays and all have been fantastic!

A lovely hotel, friendly staff, great food and atmosphere!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Our 6th visit in as many years and everytime we are looked after to the same amazing standard by the great team at Tamisa. Superb location near to so many classic golf courses and of course that terrific 'TAMISA VIEW' over the green trees, up to the bare mountain and that blue, blue sky.
Already planning the 2013 trip! Need I say more?

Room Tip: All rooms are as good as each other, they also have suites.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you are planning an event for a club, society or other groups, I would warmly recommend the Tamisa Hotel. Our society have held several events at the hotel and the the professional and friendly service of John Peach and his team, the excellent quality of the food and the delightful ambiance make it a fabulous venue for any occasion.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We popped over to Spain in March for a little four day break and decided to stay at the Tamisa Golf Hotel in Mijas. The hotel has an air of a bygone era with its huge marble floors, stunning club seats in the lounge and a beautiful conservatory to sit and watch the sun go down on chiller evenings.

The rooms are clean and spacious albeit a little tired but comfortable none the less. The bathroom was spotless and the sheets crisp and clean. Having enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with lots of different selections to choose from ~ continental, fruit, cooked, fresh bread you cut yourself, croissants, rolls and pastries it was no wonder we didn't want any lunch. The evening meals were equally lovely as were the bar snacks and all really reasonably priced.

The most impressive thing of all was the price it was so reasonable we thought they had made a mistake. The Tamisa Golf with its spa, which we didn't use this time, swimming pool and tennis courts has much to offer. It is perfectly placed for exploring Mijas and the surrounding area and is an easy walk into the old pueblo. It has underground parking which is very handy in this area and a lift up to all floors.

This is our second visit and we wouldn't hesitate to come again. The staff are cheerful, polite and professional and really made our short stay a very pleasant one. If you don't mind a bit of faded grandeur in place of shiny gleaming and sometimes impersonal hip hotels, you will find a soft kindly spot at the Tamisa Hotel in Mijas

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple