“Excellent reviews following immediate return from TRH Mijas”
Review of TRH Mijas

TRH Mijas
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have literally just returned from a one week stay at the TRH Mijas and I was asked to leave a review on checking out, so here is an accurate report from our stay. The hotel is well situated in the hills, easy access by road, bus stop outside the hotel and hotel Parking. There are a few steps and or road incline but most people including the elderly managed fine. The hotel is practically located in the most beautiful town within easy reach to petrol station, spar, banks, many restaurants, English tea room, amazing shops and local sites. A perfect location to escape the likes of Malaga and Fuerengiroli but within easy reach by local transport. The hotel itself is very nice, fairly basic but decorated in the Andalusian Spanish way. Very clean and lovely friendly staff. The pool and bar outside is perfect overlooking the hillside to the see. The terraces and gardens are beautifully kept and there is an outside bar serving food and drinks during the day. We upgraded to a superior double room which to be honest was like a standard 4 star room without the tea and coffee facilities. Still the room was average size with good firm beds (2 pushed together) nice furniture, and large bathroom with bath shower, B-day and hair dryer. Room was cleaned daily and clean sheets and towels, nice balcony overlooking pool but garden view was much nicer and more private. Good elevators to all floors, reception, car park, sun terrace, the only steps really were one lot to the dinning room. Food, we were only B&B so can only comment on breakfast which was nice but not too much choice. Cooked English buffet, fair amount of fresh fruit, some breads, croissants, and meats and cheese. Cereals and yoghurt fairly basic but milk was nice not that horrid UHT. Tea is wakeful so take your own and coffee was strong from a machine although from the bar it was freshly made and much better. The hotel is suited for all types apart from kids really unless used as a base as there is not much to do at the hotel itself and no real entertainment at night. We found it was mainly older people staying or people wanting a good central base, such as us. All in all I would recommend this hotel as a great stay, as nice as it is, don't expect the Ritz but a nice Spanish type hotel which has great character and is very clean. My partner goes off road ride motor biking with a British established riding centre The Adventure Ride Centre, Mijas, who are a fantastic organisation. They use this hotel to book all their guests into so that speaks volumes as us British have particular standards. Highly recommend to all but e prepared to find your own nightlife and good restaurants if that's what you like.

Room Tip: For the small price increase go superior on the room. The quality probably isn't any better but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SallyAnnBray
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Mrs Sally

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read
that the team were so accomodating during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement
as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I appreciate very much that you will recommend us to your family and friends.And I truly hope
we will have the chance to welcome you back and renew your trust in us.

Kindest regards.

There are newer reviews for TRH Mijas

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just got back from a six night stay with my daughter and her 3 and 1 year old sons. we booked the hotel through Travel Republic and asked for a cot. When arriving at the hotel we had 3 beds crammed into a room with no cot. It was explained to us by the reception staff that the rooms were not big enough to take a cot and that the travels companies were aware of this when they took our booking. However lucky for us they did have a larger room vacant that we were able to move into with a cot.
I wondered if they had that room spare why we were not allocated it in the first instant.
I have stayed in this hotel many times without the children and have enjoyed it very much but i found the other guest very hostile towards my family.
This hotel is not advertised as an adult only hotel but many of the guest thought it was, we felt we weren't welcome.We found other guest deliberatly push past us, one guest even put dirty crockery on our table while we were sitting there.
There were 2 other families who had children and i know they will not be going back.
If they want this hotel for adults only then it should be advertised as such. (although childish is a good word for the guest we encountered, not very adult at all)

Room Tip: Dont try to put more than 3 people in a room not even a baby
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jane c
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Mrs Jane

Following your recent stay here at TRH Mijas,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations.
Please let us express our sincere apologies.

We regret the bad experience you had with the Reception.
The Hotel Management will take this situation with the rigor it deserves not to return
happen again.

I read with surprise your experience with other guest of the Hotel.
Be assured that We do have procedures in place should any guests cause an undue disturbance to other guests.
On this way, as you said, in any moment we advise that children are not welcome in our Hotel, quite the opposite.

I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.
And I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the TRH Mijas Hotel
and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great hotel in a fabulous location in Mijas. Stunning views from room balcony and hotel bar terrace. Only ate breakfast, best choice of fresh fruit we had seen in any hotel plus usual hot food and pastries etc. Food continually replenished.
Bus stop outside hotel so easy to get to Fuengirola and Benalmadena Pueblo, which is more beautiful but smaller than Mijas.
Would recommend hotel and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Room with sea view.
1  Thank emgee1947
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear emgee1947

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit in TRH Mijas Hotel.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the quality meals in our restaurants.
We try to carefully choose our suppliers to ensure our guests the best possible products.
On the other hand, we try to develop with the direct participation of our Food and Beverage Department that the chosen menus are developed in a balanced way to also give a demanding nutritional value.

as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Let's get one thing straight first, beautiful location and potentially a beautiful hotel. I don't often write reviews, but felt genuinely inclined on this occasion. We stayed here last week to visit friends and upon arrival thought, wow, great setting, clean hotel and an amazing view from our room. Went down to the pool area thinking, this looks nice, then realised moving around the available sunbeds that they were either dirty, broken or so truly uncomfortable that my opinion of the hotel was immediately altered. How do the management think that the standard of these beds (and there are lots of them) is acceptable? It's beyond me and what a location this could be, stunning setting, workable area and a real venue, so hopefully they will spend some money and fix this...I wouldn't stay here again because of this and would rather go to the beach than lie on a bed of nails. Our room had a truly ancient AC unit that actually made more noise than a hurricane and actually served to make the room warmer! Attention to detail at the Hotel Mijas is sadly missing and the management need to address this, lots of people passing through and not being as well looked after as other rival hotels in the area. Overall, I was pretty disgusted with the set-up and still struggle to comprehend why and how the managers think that having broken, old beds by the pool area is looking after their guests....staggering and we weren't the only people complaining.

5  Thank AZoMan
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear AZoMan

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at TRH Mijas Hotel.

I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At TRH Mijas, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.
I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures
to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your review, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the TRH Mijas Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Came to stay at this lovely hotel with Just You tour and loved every minute of it. The food was excellent, the room was really comfortable and so clean. The views over the coast from the bar balcony were to die for, and the pool area was gorgeous too. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this lovely place again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Heritagefan

Dear Heritagefan

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit in TRH Mijas Hotel.

This helps very much to continue working hard and providing the highest service to our guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Mother in law returned from an 8 day holiday at this hotel and had an excellent week. The food was of a good standard and variety. Service was good. The room was comfortable and well furnished and very clean. Bathroom was spotless and clean. Linen was changed regularly. Pool area was spotless and well positioned. Daily cleaned by staff. Would recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the tennis courts were very quiet. Pleasant view from room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sophie B

Dear Sophie B.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit in TRH Mijas Hotel and we appreciate your positive comments.
This helps very much to continue working hard and providing the highest quality service to our guests.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just back from Mijjas staying at TRH Mijas Hotel. It was lovely. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The meals, breakfast and buffet dinner ,and lunches at the poolside restaurant, were varied and excellent. The village was only a few minutes walk away and there was plenty to see. The bus stop was outside the hotel and allowed us to get to Fuengirola and then get the train to Malaga where we had a lovely day visiting the Cathedral and the new Picasso Museum which was fascinating. The weather of course was fantastic. Many thanks to all the staff for a wonderful holiday. We would welcome a return visit.

Room Tip: We requested a superior room overlooking the garden which had a lovely view of the sea and was very...
3  Thank Felicity F

Dear Felicity

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in TRH Mijas Hotel.

It's very nice to read that our staff friendliness and the cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of the food were up to your satisfaction. I have shared your positive comments with our staff and they are equally grateful.

Kind regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
ILUNION Hacienda del Sol
Eurostars Mijas Golf & Spa
Muthu Grangefield Oasis Club
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
#3 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Resort & Spa Reserva del Higueron
El Oceano Beach Hotel

Been to TRH Mijas? Share your experiences!