TRH Mijas
US$304
US$214
  • Pool
La Cala Resort(La Cala de Mijas)
US$221
Los Amigos Beach Club by Diamond Resorts(Mijas)(Great Value!)
US$66
Ona Campanario(Mijas)(Great Value!)
US$74
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$247
Priceline
Macdonald Leila Playa Club(Sitio de Calahonda)
  • Pool
Hotel Carmen(La Cala de Mijas)
HotelQuickly
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
CalaMijas Hotel(La Cala de Mijas)
1,366 results
All reviewssuperior roompool areatraditional spanish hotelhalf boardlovely hotelpublic areashotel barfantastic viewsplenty of sunbedsbed and breakfast basislarge hotelbeautiful townreception stafftennis courtssmall balconypool towelsbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

clean, very quiet hotel. Breakfast buffet is very good with a beautiful view.
Parking is free if you don't mind outside parking.
The only thing is that you can not use free WiFi in rooms but only in the lobby area.
Our room was looking down on a swimming pool. Too bad we didn't have enough time to swim.
Overall our stay was very pleasant, and would like to come back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Februaryn
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear client

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

I appreciate vey much that the cleanliness and the quality of our breakfast food were up to your satisfaction.
I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this hotel on one of the numerous internet sites, Alpha Rooms I think, and were not disappointed. The hotel has a slightly old fashioned feel about it, but it is clean and run by polite, friendly and helpful staff. (Think v good 3* GB rather than 4* Spannish and you should not be disappointed!). Breakfast is very good. We opted for the Bed & Breakfast option which I would recommend as the dinner buffet is less interesting although adequate for an odd evening. There is plenty of choice for eating out in Mijas and all of it within walking distance. We liked Pampa and Oscars among many and we never had a bad meal! The pool area is very nice and well maintained.The pool bar and eating arrangement is good also for lunch. There is a fine variety of terraces and sitting areas inside and outside of the hotel, some with great views over Fuengirola. We had a room on the 3rd floor will a great view from the balcony over the tennis court (grass!) to the sea. If you are looking for a peaceful restful quiet holiday, then Mijas is beautifully kept and has enough interesting bits to visit and walk to keep you going for a week. Getting to Fuengirola is easy by bus - every 30mins or so and only takes 20mins for 1E55! Bus stop outside hotel! Taxi to the airport is 45E. A number of other excursions are possible but most will be accessed from Fuengirola. We will certainly look to go back and use this hotel again

Room Tip: 3rd Floor overlooking the Tennis Court to the Sea was good and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CambusK
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mr Cambusk

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us,
and that the service provided by the staff and the hotel's location was to your liking!

I am very happy to read that you would like to return to us,

I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and renew your trust in us.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this hotel on one of the numerous internet sites, "Low Cost Holidays" or something similar. I have not been disappointed. The hotel has a slightly old fashioned feel about it, but it is clean and run by polite, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is very good, I opted for the Bed & Breakfast option which I would recommend.The pool area is very nice and well maintained. Dining choices in Mijas are average - food tends to be quite bland and expensive for what it is.I will definately come back to the Mijas Hotel next year with my wife (I came for a week this year with my brother).If you are looking for a peaceful restful quiet holiday, then this is as good as any.

2  Thank Colin F
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr Colin

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I have shared your positive comments with our staff and they are equally grateful.

I am happy to know that you would like to return to us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Thie is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel, and I must say it was as good as the first, and will go back again, only a couple of issues, we stayed half board this time, and although the food was of good standard, it was not replaced quick enough when it ran out and sometimes things that did run out were not replace, we felt that there should be a manager standing over this area in the dining room to keep check, the only other issue was the rooms we have and yep what a great view of the pool and mountains but boy were the walls thin it was like next-door were in your room with you, we had room 34 and it is right on top of the reception area so the coming an going is a little noisy, last time we stayed in the rooms around the other side over looking the tennis courts, we would request to stay there again, apart from that its a fantastic location the staff are friendly and welcoming, and the hotel is very clean and tidy, we did have the tail end of the schools holiday, and there was the odd child in the hotel, but this hotel is not for children there is nothing for them and its mainly adults.

Room Tip: do not ask for a pool view the rooms are nice but paper thin walls and to close to reception which can be noisy at times with early morning arrivals and check-outs, rooms over looking the tennis courts are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alison R
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mrs Alirat

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us,

Although i have noted your disappointment regarding our dinner offering, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that I will deal with the points raised by you with my team.

I'm very happy to read that you would like to return to us.Do not hesitate to contact me,
so that I can take personal care of your reservation to ensure you a great holiday.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay and was pleasantly surprised. We booked this 6 months ago and had been reading reviews and was expecting good and bad but following my visit, the hotel was far better than expected. We had decided to take the train from the Airport to Fuengirola and taxi up to Mijas. The train is so easy. Come out the Airport, cross the road, but tickets and go downstairs. Easy. The last stop was Fuengirola. Come out the station and Taxi rank to the left. Taxi up to Mijas was £15.
I have visited much of the Costa Del Sol and Mijas is beatiful and quiet. Just what we were looking for!
The hotel is in a fantastic position and a stunning building. The hotel in spotless. We had a triple room, with balcony and a massive bathroom. The shower was great. Good pressure. the only down side was that we were at the end of the building, no view and next to the barrier for the car park and everytime it went up and down, you heard it but thankfully not many cars!
Breakfast was as expected.....coffee from a machine, cold meats, breads, pastries, fresh fruit and the hot option of eggs, bacon, sausages ets but very tasty.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms cleaned every day.
The pool area is gorgeous and so clean. Lots of sunbeds, very clean toilets and nice staff at the bar. The only think was the sun never hit the pool till lunchtime so very cold but lovely when in, but sure that will change dependant of time of year.

Mijas is lovely and quiet but plenty resaurants and cafes. A small supermarket across from the hotel.

This is certainly not a hotel for familys with children but that be different depending on time of year. Seems to be a central point for tourists, bus tours etc.

Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel M
563felixr, Gerente at TRH Mijas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Mrs Rachel

Following your recent stay here at TRH Mijas,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and to read
that the team were so accomodating during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive
encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future

Kindest regards