I don't know what to say about this resort. Yes, the place was very quiet and our appartment was spacy with a wonderful view over the ocean. For the appartment I would give 3-4 stars.
On the other hand... We had to go through 3 locked gates before getting in or out to the app. When getting in to the resort, you can use a door code but you didn't get out with the code and had to use one of the keys. This was a disaster especially for the kids. Example: One day we spent time at the (unheated) pool at Caronte and my 8-year old needed to go to toilet. As there is no WC close to the pool (a big abuse too - are all really going to their appartments then.. Hope so..??), he took all these keys and codes and wanted to go to our appartment. After a while I started to wonder where he is and found him crying in the stairgase: yes he did get in to the stairgase with the code but not into the appartment with the key (those are all old). He didn't get out of the staircase with the key either - a horrible situation for a little boy who is used to go around independently.
When I complainded about this to the reception they said that the codes work to both sides, in and out. This is not true and I wonder why they say so - or were the door codes just not working?
I also wonder what would happen in a case of emergency when you should get out of the building as soon as possible?
Well, if you still decide to go there, hire a car. We tried to manage without a car but after two day hired one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Caronte forms part of Crown Resorts, awarded by Trivago in 2014 “Best hotels for families in Mijas Costa”. Club Caronte is ideal for a relaxing holiday, with only 1,5 km from the beach and its ideal sea views from the apartment balcony. These spacious apartments will ensure a pleasant stay as the apartments are fully equipped. The resort has 2 swimming pools (one for adults and one for kids) and a fitness room. Distance from Marbella is 17Km and 29 from the airport. ***Guests staying at Club Caronte can make use of all the facilities at the other 4 Crown Resorts within Riviera del Sol and Calahonda*** ***A free bus service is available to other Crown Resorts, supermarket and the beach*** For further information plese visit our web page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Club Caronte Crown Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Caronte Crown Hotel Costa Del Sol
- Club Caronte Crown Resort Mijas, Costa Del Sol, Spain