“Quality of food only matched by quality of service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Oceano Beach Hotel

and 1 more site!
El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Mijas
“Quality of food only matched by quality of service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We decided on a last minute break over new years and selected the hotel on the Trip Adviser recommendations. The first thing that hits you is the charming, efficient service. We chose a room with Jacuzzi (Room 19). The views from the balcony over the sea were lovely.

Both lunch on the Saturday and the sunday were great with live music on Sunday (brilliant but not intrusive on conversations). The magician performing slieghts of hand from table to table was also an unusual but highly entertaining feature.

This is not a hotel if you want authentic Spain. It is very British (the daily papers available evidence this) with a very British client base. It is, however, a great romantic lacation right on the beach.

Having stayed in over 50 different hotels in 2012 (and generally being a bit tired of them) it was a wonderful one to end the year in.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Jacuzzi room if you can. They have rooms with either an indoor or outdoor one.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

We recently returned from the oceano after New Year's Eve party, my husband and I have been there quite a few times now, this time we took my mum and dad, my nephew who is 21 and his girlfriend, and two friends and their son, we were a mixture of all age groups.
Everyone had a fantastic time, this hotel should get an award for the friendliest, most accomadating place you have ever stayed, well done to all the family and staff that run this place.
If you want the feel good factor, this is the place to go, can't wait to get back there.
Thankyou El Oceano, get the becks in, we will be back soon!! Xx

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Patsy C
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I was invited to a New Year Party last night.31/12/2013 at the El Oceano Hotel,Miraflores Playa.
I was with a Party of eight people.As I have not stayed at that hotel but I have visited many hotels throughout the World I thought I would go and enjoy the experience of the night.
The Party commenced at eight and we were shown to our table by a delightful Lady Jess.
She was extremly polite and attentive with a lovely Happy smiling face.The Maitre came to the table and was spoken to by one of my Party who requested to know what the order of the menu was. I found him to be a little off hand and unresponsive but we did not allow that to spoil the quite obvious good preparation that had clearly been done.The incident was rectified by the visitation of a lovely Young Russian waitress whom attended the table and she was delightful.
Nothing was too much trouble for her and she clearly was into the Spirit of a Grand New Years Eve.
I thought if this is the start of the night in this lovely warm and well decorated venue then I was in for a treat.The Food was fabulous with excellent starters and one of the best steaks I have ever had. The Music was super with a really talented Singer Rob Stevens.All the guests were happy and delighted at the quality of the evening.I spoke with many people on the night and I was not aware of any criticism of the evening in General.I have one second observation and that was at times the Piano Player was loud and when persons wished to talk they had to shout to make themselves heard but again a Superb Evening and I together with other members of the Party will not hesitate to return and perhaps stay longer at this lovely Polished Gem of a Family run Hotel. David Osaka

Room Tip: At This time not applicable but most certainly will stay longer in the future.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Osaka_9
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

What a hidden gem of a place. It's all been said before, fantastic suites, excellent food, first class service and views it would be difficult to better. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I almost couldn't find fault However, I found it a little off putting to be charged for my entire stay on the day I arrived and the fact that the price quoted per room was plus taxes. Both of these faults were only told to me when I checked out and I was little miffed that both these actions were not told to me when I was booking or, at least, at check in.

This apart, it really is a fantastic hotel, and bearing the above faults (my opinion) I would advise anyone to visit this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ratboyLondon
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Dear John and Lorraine

As you are aware we have been coming to El Oceano for over 12 years, for hotel accommodation, for dining, entertaining and the unbelievable ambiance, and on each occasion we had a great time.

Knowing how good it was I recently held my birthday party there for over 100 guests and children. We had an incredible experience; your staff surpassed themselves for sheer quality of service and excellent hospitality. From the initial booking, Glen took charge of the whole celebration; right through the entire evening he made sure that everybody had a wonderful time. The food was great and the staff provided an impeccable service. Guests staying the night found the accommodation absolutely superb.

We can’t thank Glen and all your staff enough for all they done to make sure that we had an amazing time. They are a credit to your establishment; please pass on our warmest thanks.

We will continue to recommend El Oceano as undoubtedly the best on the Costa del Sol.

Kind regards
Charlie and Lynda Mullins

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mario R
Mijas, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great rooms , fantastic food ,and you can walk. To the. Beach 5 mins.no need for a car the vilage of la. Cala is close 10 mins
Try sitting on the terrace next to the sea for your meal wow! some weekends have a piano player included

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed in an Ocean Front Mini Suite on the 1st Floor. This had a private terrace overlooking the Med. and the pool area.
We loved the divan sun loungers by the pool (20/30 € per day for round/square) - ideal for us as we prefer not to get up early on holiday and the patio sun loungers had usually been captured with towels by the time we woke.
Restaurant - excellent food and service with good quality live entertainment

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tommo2210
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
#7 of 28 in Mijas
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,160 reviews
Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort
Los Amigos Beach Club

Been to El Oceano Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!