El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just returned from an amazing week at this hotel. I can only echo the many comments below "I can fault nothing". We had a deluxe suite which was fantastic, our sons mini suite was also great. Awesome see views from our room balconies and from the really beautiful terrace. The pool and pool bar are superb. We ate in the restaurant most nights and lunchtimes. Every plate of food was superb, my personal favourite the rack of lamb :)

Finally no hotel is complete without its staff. Each and every member of staff at this hotel are so friendly, helpful and welcoming. It made such a huge difference to our holiday. Thank you all so very much. We hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David N

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Perfect... I Honestly cannot fault one thing about our special stay. We have been visiting this hotel for years. My husband and I re-newed our wedding vows at this wonderful hotel and couldn't have chosen anywhere as perfect as this. We also took 34 of our family and friends. We had the weather, location, 5 star service, amazing food,Rat Pack singers, local magician "Magical" and staff to make every minute of our stay 110% . We cannot wait to stay here again hopefully very soon. The poolside bar is wonderful serving some brilliant cocktails which taste even better when dipping your feet in the lovely swimming pool or laid on a VIP double sunbed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has a high standard of living and likes the special things in life ..... Ignore any negatives you may read on here... Some people obviously have nothing better to do than write bad reports that are in-true and should stick to budget hotels .... In England!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank chegsy_8
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

First of all ignore the negative and narrow minded review posted on 6th Aug by EM. They should stick to their holidays in Blackpool.
My wife and I and been visiting the El Oceano for nearly a decade now and it never fails to impress. We stayed there for the first time in July and it was amazing. The hotel is spotless and a touch of class. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are all superb. The food is exquisite and the entertainment is second to none! The pool and the pool side bar are brilliant and a great place to spend the day sunbathing and drinking cocktails. Overall we couldn't fault the place and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I live in Spain and have been going to Oceano Spa for the past two an a half years now.
The Services is Absolutely fabulous..The Girls & Beauty rooms are clean & lovely , and they can never do enough for me when I'm there..today,7th. of August, I have had the most out of body Elemis Facial experience with Nikki..the Facial massage was awesome & I am looking 10 years younger with it! I also love,,love.. her Deep tissue massage ! The last time I had anything as good was at Sharma Sheikh..
Overall I can truly say, I am addicted to Elemis Facial & Totally adore my time at El Oceano Hotel Spa..!! My Thanks to Jodana, Sarah, & Nikki for an Excellent Customer Services

A very Happy customer.
Christina Emir

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Christina Fairu... E
Reviewed 6 August 2013

On the plus side the food is very good and staff polite. On the bad side it is a tired worn out hotel which still tries, unsuccesfully to capture the grandeur of yesteryear. The whole place smells of something between insecticide and grandma's perfume. I don't appreciate paying top dollar voor a hotel and then having to pay an extra €12 to sit in the "VIP" area around the swimming pool. Hotel seems more interested in serving the English community in the area than pampering the guests. At dinner a singer (good voice) gives the place a bit of a "common" feel, which the magician who goes from to table to table only makes worse (I thought this was a 4* hotel not Blackpool).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank E M
Reviewed 30 July 2013

El Oceano is situated in a beautiful location overlooking the sea with a gorgeous swimming pool and terrace area.

The whole hotel just oozes class and the decoration is done to a very high standard.

We went for breakfast and the full English was very nice and came with good portions. The orange juice was freshly squeezed and the coffee was really nice. The staff were friendly and very helpful and helped out were possible.

We didn't stay overnight but I've heard from friends that the rooms are very nice and everyone ive spoken too fully recommend a stay.

We are off to El Oceano again later today, it's that good! :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We can't recommend El Oceano highly enough for a wedding venue. Glenn the manager, was fantastic at helping us organise entertainment, food & accommodation for friends and family. All the staff were brilliant, extremely professional and friendly and made us feel very special at every opportunity.

All our 100 guests were overwhelmed with the view El Oceano offered during our reception. We were able to eat our meal, which was absolutely beautiful, then entertain our guests on the private beach just one minute from our table. We dined quite a lot at the hotel and all our meals were five star. It was a struggle to leave the hotel.

An amazing venue, highly recommend it for a wedding venue and honeymoon stay.

Donal & Eileen

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donal M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
1 mi away
La Cala Resort
#1 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas
3 mi away
Los Amigos Beach Club

Been to El Oceano Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!