“Outstanding!”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Lanarkshire
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have just returned from an amazing week at this beautiful hotel! We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived as the staff are so friendly and helpful. The staff, location, surroundings and food in the hotel restaurant were outstanding! The pool area and restaurant are stunning, the premier sun loungers at the pool should definitely be tried, even just once, and Sunday lunch is not to be missed! We were celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary and the staff helped arrange a beautiful table in the restaurant with champagne, flowers and a lovely meal. We have stayed at many hotels in this part of Spain and although all have been good, this is now by far our favourite and we would def stay here again and again. The restaurant is popular with non residents too and I would def recommend a visit if you are staying in the area. I honestly can't rate this hotel highly enough, it has that extra special quality that you can't quite put your finger on but you feel it from the moment you arrive! Huge thanks to Jan and Jose for retrieving my iPad (which I left in the room) and safely posting it back to me in the UK, much appreciated! All in all, outstanding! Hope to be back soon!

1 Thank Amac104

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
West sussex
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I spent the day here for my 50th birthday, my friend booked a VIP sunbed & lunch. This was absolutely beautiful, lovely sunbed,swim up bar & pool for the day. Lunch was lovely ant tasty. Friendly staff that couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 64sue2014
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After being advised to try El Oceano by friends we were not disappointed. Friendly professional staff at the pool bar and in the restaurant couldn't do enough to help. The surroundings were beautiful in the pool area and the restaurant was very busy but the service was great.
So good that we booked to go again during our holiday.
Entertainment; very good in the form of the trio playing/singing, the solo singer was good and friendly ... The only small gripe was the rather scruffy 'magician' who was whilst mildly entertaining and making it very clear he wanted a tip for his tricks..... A bit cheesy for such a high end hotel/restaurant...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 563leeh
Manchester, England
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The El Oceano was perfect for the 4 days I was there from the minute we arrived! When I originally booked it was for one reason only, to watch 2 of my oldest friends get married, but after spending 4 days there I would definitely book this hotel again and again. The rooms were not too overpriced but were lovely inside, the food in the restaurant was out of this world and the swim up pool bar was idyllic. This is a family owned hotel, each and everyone of them as well as all the staff working in the hotel ensure that your every need is catered for. The entertainment that the hotel provides either late afternoon with the saxophonist by the pool or in the evening in the restaurant with a pianist and a violinist made the trip just that extra bit special.
This is a venue that Charlotte and Ben fell in love with from the moment they saw it and I can totally see why.

The only slight negative that I would say, which isn't even really a negative is that a car will come in handy if you want to get out and about as the hotel is a little too far from things to walk so taxi's were frequently used during our time there.

Thanks for looking after us El Oceano

2 Thank Suzieg18
London
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here last weekend, had a wonderful time. We have been to dinner several times while staying nearby and always wanted to stay. So glad we did. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the pool loungers were so comfortable and always plenty of them. The continental breakfast was great, so much fresh fruit and pastries and the view while eating it was the best. All our meals could not be faulted. The entertainment was the best we have seen in any hotel. Don't think there is anything they did wrong. Can't wait to return!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We visited the restaurant as part of our holiday and specifically, as a special treat for our daughter's 7th birthday - what a treat! The food was absolutely fabulous and the owner John was brilliant. He made sure we had a great time - even taking our daughter up to where Michael; the pianist, was playing (our daughter is learning to play the piano and was thrilled to sit next to Michael) . They really made a fuss of us and the night was just fab! Can't recommend this hotel enough. We just had the best night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Davies-andrea001
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I have just been for 5 nights for my friends wedding and I can not fault the hotel, staff or food, everything was perfect. The rooms were clean my veiw was just of a wall, but that did not bother me one bit because I was never in there only to sleep!!! Staff are very polite and friendly, now the food was fantastic I had breakfast, dinner and tea there every day the chefs are amazing. Glen and his family really looked after me and my friends, so I would be going back again 100%

• Stayed August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol
Hotel IPV Palace & Spa
Hotel IPV Palace & Spa
#1 of 37 in Fuengirola
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,283 reviews

Been to El Oceano Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!