“Heaven on earth!”

El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Mijas
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We have now stayed at the El Oceano Hotel for the last 6 years.
We have had a family party for my partner's 50th Birthday with several guests staying with us.
I have taken my elderly aunt there for a holiday who was treated like a queen by all the staff .
I have taken my sister and all my neices there as well for a birthday treat.

The service is second to none, the cleanliness of all aspects of the hotel is
100%, the food in the restaurants, breakfast, lunch and dinner is superb and nothing
is to much trouble if you require something different from the menu.

We stay in one of the mini-suites that fronts the sea which is just perfect.

The problem is we just want to keep going back and will probably never see another
destination again!!!!

We would not hesitate to recommend every aspect of the hotel to anyone.

Debbie & Steve
Welwyn Garden City Hertfordshire

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2011

The service and ambience is fantastic which is why we keep going back. We love the poolside to relax in although the pool is seldom heated which is annoying. The white Ikea furniture is cruddy and falling apart. The food is the best along the coast and is of excellent value. The rooms are very dated and the awful fake flowers around the hotel really let it down. The TVs in the rooms are very old and are never tunned in properly and it would be nice if there was a greater selection of the freeview channels. The rooms are overpriced as we have paid considerably a lot less in a 5* along the coast. No thought has gone into the light needed for a woman to put on her makeup. The bar area is far too small to enjoy which is such a shame because it is the hub of the hotel. The staff are very welcoming and the service second to none. We love the place but wish they would take heed to some of the above factors which are quite small factors that would make a very big difference. We are not only guests who feel some minor changes should be made.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2011

After staying at the hotel on 13 occasions, at various time of the year and with family and friends, I feel that this in its self says it all,recommended friends who have been on more than one occasion. Great location, excellent food , good service. Family business with high standards, great people in John & Lorraine and the team. I will be back in June 2011 , Best man at a friends wedding at EL Oceano.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I booked el oceano after reading reviews on trip advisor, and what can I say? This hotel is out of this world!

Situated on the sea front in a quite area of the coast (yet only a few mins into the local village) this hotel has a real private feel. During our stay we bumped into a few celebs who were also guests at the hotel.

My favourite thing about el oceano is the attention to detail, the food was amazing and the service is second to none!

The infintiy pool was gorgeous, and there is even a bar in the pool!

The views are amazing and I think this is the most romantic setting I have ever seen for a hotel.

Is it any wonder this hotel seems to be a favourite for celebs? It is definately ours!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gd84
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I have been visiting the El Oceano for the past 6 years, mainly over the new year period and also for their famous sunday lunches on the boardwalk. Unfortunately I live around an hours drive away so evening meals are difficult(need a non drinking friend). As you can see from my ratings I have only positive things to say, the location is unbelievable, the service superb and friendly, food excellent and to my mind very good value. I get the impression the owners do not try to attract young children, which suits me fine, I have had many a good meal ruined by uncontrolled children. I hope to visit many more times and would like to thank the owners and staff who always look after us so well.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike61
eloceano, Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank for your time in posting a review about El Oceano Beach Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your visit with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how pleased you were with the service you received from the staff.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and as customer care is amongst our highest priorities, we immensely value your feedback to us to continuously monitor and measure the level of service and standards at the hotel.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Glenn Jackson

Reviewed 7 December 2010

Cant wait to return...WONDERFUL!

I admit that my husband and I have become El Oceano addicts, having been many times over the past 4 years but each time is better than the last!
Having read a negative review we feel we have to say what a wonderful experience we always have and having recommend friends they have never been dissappointed!!!

The service, atmosphere, rooms & cleaniliess all get 10 out of 10 from us!! Keep upi the good work!

Simply a wonderful hotel & restaurant where nothing is too much trouble with impeccable standards!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I use to stay at 4 or 5 stars hotels... Nothing to say, please check the pictures !!!
Im still trying to connect to wifi !
Im still looking for the heated swimming pool !
Nothing to do around !
The Hotel is 100m far from the Highway !

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
9  Thank Christophefromfrance
eloceano, Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

It is with regret that an unpleasant experience was had however this is an extremely isolated incident. The vast majority of comments clearly highlight the high standards of cleanliness & service provided at the famous El Oceano. On this occassion the hotel was days away from the annual winter closure and this guest has tried very hard to find faults, we can assure all guests that this is not normal...furthermore the Hotel & Restaurant is having extensive renovations with a major new furniture package in preparation for the beginning of what will be another wonderful season at the fabulous El Oceano for April 2011!!!

El Oceano is now closed until April 2011 and we looking forward to welcoming you then!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mijas
1 mi away
La Cala Resort
#1 of 4 in La Cala de Mijas
3 mi away
Los Amigos Beach Club

Been to El Oceano Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!