When we arrived at Miraflores Vacation Club, it was Easter Sunday. In the reception area we asked the guy if the safe was big enough for a laptop. He said for us to "check first", then come back to him. (He should know that, he works there) Anyway, we did, check and without the case it did fit! So before we walked up to the reception area, I hid my husband's laptop under the pillow inside the pillowcase and remade the bed with bed cover in the original state. I also hid a small soft black bag beside the bedside cabinet between the bed (out of sight) I did this, because we did not yet have a safe key for the safe. This is something you have to pay extra for 15 euros with an additional 10 euros deposit for a piece of PLASTIC, which holds the safe door together.
We set the Alarm before we left, with me reading out the number on the piece of paper to my husband as he set it. It made the usual beeping noise as we went out. The door had a double lock on it which was similar to our door at home. We LOCKED it TWICE!
We made our way up to Reception, walking there. Not in a hurry, after all, we had an ALARM!!! We paid for the safe (piece of plastic) there is no KEY, just that bit of plastic about 2and a half inches long. We were talking the usual chit chat to the guy on reception about places to visit etc. (we were alone with him, Easter Sunday)
On the way back to the Apt. We took a slow stroll, having a look at what was on site, tennis courts, pool, etc. We must have been gone for the most, 40 mins. At the Apt. I tried to unlock the door but it was already in the unlocked position. I thought this was odd! As we walked through the front door, there was no usual Alarm beeping sound for you to enter your code. I started to feel uneasy, the bedding was in a state of Mess and a very poor attempt was made to cover the pillows with the bedcover.
I screamed at my husband, "your laptop", frantically searching for it under the pillow.
It was GONE! The case and the lead (British plug) were not taken. The other soft bag was still there between the bed and the cabinet, but inside it I had another small makeup bag which contained both of my Gold bangles, they too were stolen.
I cannot believe after such a short time, we were victims of theft. How could that happen WITH AN ALARM??? I was in a distressed state outside, crying etc.
My husband tried to call reception by the Apt. Telephone, but it wasn't working, typical, almost like they don't want you to call for help! In the panic, my husband shut the door with the keys on the inside. There is no handle on the outside of the door. What with car keys inside too, my husband had a lift from a resident back up to the reception.
I refused to go with him, as the rest of our stuff was still in there.
The guy on reception seemed non interested and said he couldn't get hold of "SECURITY" on the phone. Eventually my husband came back and the reception guy unscrewed the lock with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to get back in.
Security arrived after a while! Then they pointed out to the bottom bathroom window, which was wide open. This was shut when we went out. They tried to say, this was how they had broken in. Not only does this not explain how the door was not locked TWICE but also how the Alarm was DISCONNECTED. On the outside of the bathroom window there are about 8 metal Louvre type slats, these were still in place, (not removed) surely
Thieves would not take the time to replace every single one before leaving. Someone had a KEY!!!
We tried to leave on the very same day, because of this ordeal. Reception had gone home at 6.30pm or before
None of the staff had any empathy, at all.
They wouldn't even let us speak to a manager, she said, she's not in today.
I would never recommend this shocking outfit to anyone.
There is a SCAM going on here, but how do you PROVE it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miraflores is a vacation resort built in an Andalusian "pueblo" style with small groups of apartments and villas no more than 2 or 3 stories high. All apartments have beautiful views of the sea, the mountains, or the golf course, or a combination of all three, surrounded by sumptuous gardens with palm trees, flowers and tropical plants, all competing with each other in their beauty. You will be greeted by the Reception staff upon arrival and you will receive all the information needed during your stay. The Club House where the reception is situated includes a marvelous restaurant where you will be able to enjoy a breakfast, lunch or a gastronomic dinner and live entertainment surrounded by the exquisite gardens and water cascades. The resort includes a Sports Centre with newly built clay tennis courts, an 18 hole Golf Course and a number of services at your disposal. The number of Gardens, and their lushness create this very special atmosphere of privacy, an impression which is further reinforced by the presence of private swimming pools for each little group of apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and LateRooms so you can book your Miraflores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraflores Vacation Club Hotel Mijas
- Miraflores Resort Mijas, Costa Del Sol, Spain