“Vile Experience, we were ROBBED, within hours of being there.”
Review of Miraflores Resort

Miraflores Resort
Ranked #22 of 39 Speciality Lodging in Mijas
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When we arrived at Miraflores Vacation Club, it was Easter Sunday. In the reception area we asked the guy if the safe was big enough for a laptop. He said for us to "check first", then come back to him. (He should know that, he works there) Anyway, we did, check and without the case it did fit! So before we walked up to the reception area, I hid my husband's laptop under the pillow inside the pillowcase and remade the bed with bed cover in the original state. I also hid a small soft black bag beside the bedside cabinet between the bed (out of sight) I did this, because we did not yet have a safe key for the safe. This is something you have to pay extra for 15 euros with an additional 10 euros deposit for a piece of PLASTIC, which holds the safe door together.
We set the Alarm before we left, with me reading out the number on the piece of paper to my husband as he set it. It made the usual beeping noise as we went out. The door had a double lock on it which was similar to our door at home. We LOCKED it TWICE!
We made our way up to Reception, walking there. Not in a hurry, after all, we had an ALARM!!! We paid for the safe (piece of plastic) there is no KEY, just that bit of plastic about 2and a half inches long. We were talking the usual chit chat to the guy on reception about places to visit etc. (we were alone with him, Easter Sunday)
On the way back to the Apt. We took a slow stroll, having a look at what was on site, tennis courts, pool, etc. We must have been gone for the most, 40 mins. At the Apt. I tried to unlock the door but it was already in the unlocked position. I thought this was odd! As we walked through the front door, there was no usual Alarm beeping sound for you to enter your code. I started to feel uneasy, the bedding was in a state of Mess and a very poor attempt was made to cover the pillows with the bedcover.
I screamed at my husband, "your laptop", frantically searching for it under the pillow.
It was GONE! The case and the lead (British plug) were not taken. The other soft bag was still there between the bed and the cabinet, but inside it I had another small makeup bag which contained both of my Gold bangles, they too were stolen.
I cannot believe after such a short time, we were victims of theft. How could that happen WITH AN ALARM??? I was in a distressed state outside, crying etc.
My husband tried to call reception by the Apt. Telephone, but it wasn't working, typical, almost like they don't want you to call for help! In the panic, my husband shut the door with the keys on the inside. There is no handle on the outside of the door. What with car keys inside too, my husband had a lift from a resident back up to the reception.
I refused to go with him, as the rest of our stuff was still in there.
The guy on reception seemed non interested and said he couldn't get hold of "SECURITY" on the phone. Eventually my husband came back and the reception guy unscrewed the lock with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to get back in.
Security arrived after a while! Then they pointed out to the bottom bathroom window, which was wide open. This was shut when we went out. They tried to say, this was how they had broken in. Not only does this not explain how the door was not locked TWICE but also how the Alarm was DISCONNECTED. On the outside of the bathroom window there are about 8 metal Louvre type slats, these were still in place, (not removed) surely
Thieves would not take the time to replace every single one before leaving. Someone had a KEY!!!
We tried to leave on the very same day, because of this ordeal. Reception had gone home at 6.30pm or before
None of the staff had any empathy, at all.
They wouldn't even let us speak to a manager, she said, she's not in today.
I would never recommend this shocking outfit to anyone.
There is a SCAM going on here, but how do you PROVE it!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
34  Thank Sunnydaze R
There are newer reviews for Miraflores Resort

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed in a studio at Miraflores. The studio was very plush, bedroom area was very comfortable, lots of wardrobe space, beds ok. The loung area was down two steps and was quite luxurious, with two sofas, chair, coffee table and sideboard, very well furnished. Large balcony with the usual table and chairs, and also two sun loungers. Kitchen area was small with two hobs, kettle, toaster, plenty of utensils. This is a hilly area and not suitable for people with walking difficulties. A supermarket was about 10 to 15 mins. walk away. 'Bus no. 220 stops right outside the complex, as well as taking you to Marbella, Puerta Banus and Fuengirola.
Another small resort to visit is La Cala, lovely little place, As it is quite a distance from the towns, they do have entertainment on in the evening starting at 9.30pm.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank HamletMiddleEngland
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Booked through RCI for 1 week stay at Rancho Club. Allocated lovely 3 bdrm villa. Everything spotlessly clean and fully appointed with private pool in own gardens. Restaurants on site very good, (tried three, no complaints) and all staff all over club site helpful and courteous. After previous unsatisfactory resorts via RCI was doubtful about this one but everything up to scratch as it should be.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BRIAN M
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was hesitant about Miraflores after reading other reviews especially regarding security, however all my fears were quickly put to rest.

When we arrived we were greeted by warm and helpful receptionists. They offered us the use of a room safe for the week for €15 which we took. Our room had its own security system, the door had 3 locks on it and the entrance to our block of rooms was also secured. After the first day we were no longer worried.

The rooms do not have wifi but we were offered a kind of "traveling wifi" for €20 for the week at reception. This allowed us to take the wifi with us as we did our sightseeing so we did not need to rent a much more expensive GPS for the car. It was brilliant!

The staff offered us a free breakfast for our first morning which was wonderful and meant that we did not need to rush off to find a supermarket right away. We also ate dinner there the first evening. The food was great - we shared a paella for 4 and loved every bite. The restaurant was not at all overpriced.

The room was beautiful, clean and spacious. There was a pool attached to our building so it was very peaceful. The pool was clean and the grounds well cared for.

I would definitely recommend Miraflores and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank TigCohen
ACOMIRAF, Gerente at Miraflores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Thank you very much for expressing you opinion about our Resort, which helps us improve our services and facilities and in your case, be proud of having received such a good review!!. We would love to welcome you back in our Resort.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I used a timeshare week to visit Miraflores with two friends. I visited in May and the resort was extremely quiet.

The staff were very accommodating and extremely helpful. The local bus service is the best mode of transport for those who wish to get about and see more of Spain. Otherwise there is little to do in the area.

If you want a quiet and relaxing holiday in a clean and well kept resort then Miraflores is for you.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Warren O
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have been travelling to and from Spain for some 20 yrs,
Miraflores is a Gem on the Costa Del Sol, I have stayed at this beautifully maintained complex over several years, I have never had a bad experience and have always found the employees of Miraflores to be polite and helpful.
its a perfect location to explore the fantastic local areas from Mijas to La Cala to Puerto Banus.
treat the apartment as you would any other place in the world and do not leave valuables laying about or on show.
would recomend this resort to any body without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Ring045
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at the Miraflores Beach & Country Club for one week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort was beautiful and our top floor unit provided us views of the Mediterranean Sea from the front and the mountains from the back. From check-in to check-out we received excellent service. There were no unexpected fees (there was an energy surcharge of 30 Euros but we had been informed of this in advance in the resort literature).

The resort had recommended the rental of a car (we arranged for one through Hertz that we picked up at the Malaga Airport and dropped off at the train station). We used the resort as our base as we took day trips to Gibraltar, Tangiers, Ronda and Granada, making use of the resort pools at the end of the day. On the remaining days we enjoyed the local beaches and the resort pools.

The room did not have A/C, but it was not necessary as there was a good breeze in the evening and as well the rooms had ceiling fans.

All-in-all a great stay and we would absolutely return!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top fllor at the top of the hill, giving great views, good sea breezes and a qu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family