“Superb - perfect location, facilities and owner!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of CasaAndre

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tonywarwi...
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Superb - perfect location, facilities and owner!”
Reviewed 11 April 2018 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

So many good things about this villa, it's hard to know where to start.
Location is perfect : midway between Torrenueva (supermarket, bars, restaurants inc The Blue Marlin and Joffreys, both outstanding) and Riviera (2 supermarkets, cars, cafes and restaurants), both are a 10-minute, easy walk. Two minutes walk further on from either and you're on the beach, and there is a wooden boardwalk that runs to La Cala De Mijas (loads of shops and restaurants) and to Calahonda in the other direction. The whole coast is sandy beach - walk as much or as little as you wish, there are regular beach bars to help!
The villa is large, very spacious. Open-plan layout offers one's own space without being shut off : the (huge) lounge connects to the dining room (table and 6 chairs), connects to the well-equipped kitchen, connects to the hall and then back to the lounge so a big 'circle'. Three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one of each on ground floor, separate from open plan lounge areas), all 3 bedrooms are large doubles and all have large built-in wardrobes. Upstairs bathroom looks brand new, lovely walk-in shower. Upstairs balcony (access from both bedrooms) is large, sunny and offers stunning views of the sea in three directions.
The gardens surround the house, so you can find both sun and shade all day : and the large covered terrace (large wooden table and six chairs, plus 'built-in' BBQ) is a shaded delight.
The pool is larger than usual, and spotlessly clean. Not heated, but that will not be a problem!
We stayed here for over 6 months, through the winter, and made use of the large open fire - there are also gas heaters should the evening become chilly, as well as a/c units in all rooms.
Steve, local maintenance chap, visits every Monday and is a great source of advice, guidance and recommendations. More than that Andre (the owner) is attentive, very quick to respond if needed and nothing was too much trouble for him - we experienced a burst water pipe needing garden and a path to be dug up and replaced, and Andre had the whole job fixed and re-landscaped in under 48 hours. I'm not confident I could have got it done that quickly at home!
Dishwasher, high-capacity washing machine, microwave, large fridge-freezer, wi-fi (supports Netflix/Firestick etc), satellite tv with 100s of Spanish channels (but not UK) plus all the kitchen equipment etc : if you do bring a car there's even a garage to park it in!
Any downsides? Maybe the villa could do with a fresh coat of whitewash, some finger-marks etc showing...but that's a very minor point, and I believe Andre has that in hand already.
Overall, a large, welcoming, comfortable villa in a superb location, an owner who is highly active and involved whenever needed, comfortable beds and a garden that means it's almost a shame to go out exploring.
We recommend very highly for anyone and especially families, we've absolutely loved it!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“relaxing and peaceful”
Reviewed 9 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

spent 9 days here and it is beautiful, quiet and relaxing, the villa itself is very well equipped and spacious, the garden and pool were well maintained and plenty of loungers and seating for everyone, we also used the bbq which was good and in the shade in the evening, when i couldn't find the wifi password (which was me not looking properly) i text Andre and he replied straight away with instructions as to where to look and also arranged for a second set of keys to be dropped off within a couple of hours, nothing was too much trouble. we will definitely go back in the future. Thank you for a wonderful holiday Liz x

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the space inside and out and how peaceful it was
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gordon P
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Casa Andre interior is very dated and in need of attention, there were large scuff marks across the walls, plaster & paint missing in large patches, dirty paintwork throughout, a plug socket was also hanging from the wall. The kitchen had missing cupboard handles & drawers that wouldn't close properly, we had to clean the fridge & freezer which were filthy & dispose of the last occupants food, there was also lots of rubbish piled outside the villa including an old fridge. During the second week the villa was broken into during the night whilst we were in bed, they broke through the bars on the dining room window & entered the property. When we informed the owner he sent somebody to weld the bars, unfortunately this incident had shown us how inadequate the villas security is, & we didn't feel safe there. We spent the morning with the police, we then informed the owner that we no longer felt safe staying in the villa & were looking for alternative accommodation. We requested as partial refund for the remaining days to put towards the cost, but the owner totally ignored us.

Liked best: local area
Liked least: condition of villa
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Oct 2016
Hello Gordon..
will repeat my personal reply from yesterday, you were not ignored. I talked to you several times almost each day of your stay at my house. And at the end ,when you confirmed that you had moved into a hotel I knew that I did not have any new rentals lined up so I stopped watching my Tripadvisor APP. for that I am sorry. but I did not catch your last reply . saw it first when I got an email telling me you had left this review. I will do my best to answer on all your complaints.
* Refund for the 3 days you wanted to stay in a hotel. First let me start by saying that after no more than 4 hours at the most ,I had the window bars replaced and welded back together. To call "this house" inadequate I think is a incorrect , we have the same bars as I guess 95% of all Spanish homes have.. The breakin could have happened in any home and there are often breakins is Spain. This was for me nr 4 in 40 years... almost 10 years since the last time.my house is as safe as any other Spanish house..as a compensation for the 3 days you wanted to stay in a hotel, I can offer you to return next summer and spend 1 week free of charge ..
*state of kitchen. I was at the house only days before you got there and just days before leaving I bought a new fridge/cooler. it was practically brand new when you got there . finding it hard to understand it could have been that bad. If there was food left in the fridge you should have told me so I again could have noticed Steve and Julie. And as for the old one still standing behind the house, Im sorry, I just didn't have time to get it removed before I left and also didn't want Steve to be in your way during your stay . that's why I thought it best to leave it behind the house as that part of the grounds is unseen from the pool and garden area. This also goes for the rubbish ( firewood.) not seen from garden or pool area.
*State of the house in general. YES it needs new paint, work in progress. both bathrooms are brand new. all appliances in the kitchen is new. all bedrooms have brand new ACs.. Also the livingroom. Yes the inside of the house needs paint . but never ever has 1 other person complained about this . not before you or after you. there are some spots here and there but that's it. this house is not a ruin as you describe it to be. but again I am sorry you had a miserable stay . the insides will be painted first half of 2017.
*the broken wall socket was fixed 20 minutes after you emailed your complaint.

And as a final reply I would like you to have a look at my 3 older reviews.
I again offer you a week free of charge :-)

kind regards Andre HH
Janetwhit...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely, spacious property with stunning views over the bay.”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay in CasaAndre. The house and gardens are very spacious and also very well equipped, and just a pleasant wander down the hill to the little supermarket or an interesting selection of restaurants, and the local chickens! We particularly enjoyed our meal in the India Lucia. It is then just a few more minutes walk into town, with a wider selection of shops and restaurants and of course the lovely beach. The garden and pool are a real asset too and our children particularly enjoyed their time in the pool. We would recommend this property for a lovely, relaxing family holiday.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely views from the garden
Liked least: Some of the fittings are a bit dated, e.g. the upstairs bathroom.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing