“Coffee break”
Review of los Arcos

los Arcos
Ranked #264 of 481 Restaurants in Mijas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Decided to sit in the sun and have a drink while the family explored the rows of shops.
Was welcomed by a waiter and asked where I would like to sit. Once comfortable I ordered coffee and a brandy which were served very quickly.
I sat watching the locals going about their business and the crowds of visitors exploring the delights of Mijas Town, which is one of the most enchanting places to visit. After a while I ordered further brandy
and enjoyed watching the constant flow of horse drawn carriages taking visitors on a tour of the town. It was now approaching lunch time and people began odering food, which all looked well presented and seemed to be enjoyed by the diners.
The family were now back and joined me for further drinks and a rest from shopping. After a further period of relaxing we thanked our host, paid the bill and left to further explore the delights this town has to offer.

1  Thank Bernard B

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Unlike the other reviews on this restaurant, I found Restaurante Los Arcos to be a nice little place on the Main Square in Mijas. I find it unfortunate that these restaurants feel it is necessary to attempt to cook cuisine that they have no expertise in. I lived in Spain for 6 years as a child so when we visit, my wife and I eat only spanish food. On this day it was Fried Boquerones, Onion Soup, Lamb Chops and Tortilla Mijena. If I wanted british food I would find a pub, and there are some in Mijas that specialize in that fare. If I wanted pizza I would not visit spain at all, and if I wanted Tropical Salad I would be at my Aruba Timeshare. Overall, a standard little Spanish Bar/Restaurant. The highlight was the Tortilla Mijena that they translate to Omellete Mijas Style. And yes, the San Miguel beer was excellent and at the right temperature. When in Spain............

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and myself paid an evening visit to Mijas. On choosing somewhere for a quick dinner, we ended up going into Los Arcos, as it was the only restaurant with a decent number of people in it. We went inside to eat as there was no room outside.

The inside was dated but appeared clean. Both our starters were just ok [prawn cocktail & soup] but while my husband enjoyed his main course [chicken] except for the "overcooked vegetables", my pizza wasn't nice at all. There was a strong taste from the cheese and the base was very overcooked and hard. So much so, that after only eating about half of it, I admitted defeat and just left the rest.

The staff weren't the friendliest and were quite abrupt and there wasn't a nice atmosphere in the restaurant.

1  Thank Celticcreation
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Had to wait two days to be sure though! Picture this a Sunday afternoon, two hungry travellers find that their usual haunts are shut and to avoid blood sugars going through the floor they stumble across an open restaurant with a number of Spanish customers outside. A good omen they thought, yes its on the main square but all those natives can't be wrong.....
Food - don't believe the menu, meat was stringy, BBQ sauce is weak ketchup, salad garnishes are dry, veg looks like it was cooked 4 days ago and has been reheated every day since but is still delivered cold to your table. In retrospect should have sent everything back, it was dismal.
Service - getting tables cleared and getting a bill were much more hassle than was required. General service was average at best despite us ordering in Spanish and not complaining about the muck placed in front of us.
Location - it's only as we sat there as the faint smells of the frying food and the donkeys mingled that we realised that this was a nice place to watch the world go by if you had a cold.

All in all this has to rate as THE worst place I've ever reviewed on TripAdvisor. Felt I had to review whilst I'm still on holiday just to warn others as there are much better restaurants at either end of the town that should be getting the business that is going to this place.

2  Thank Tinsley_S_D
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have travelled a great deal and I'm fully aware of the dangers of eating in places in the main square of any town or city but against my better judgement I thought I'd give it try on a hot day in Mijas. The Tropical Salad sounded too good to pass up but when it arrived it was actually very easy to pass it up. the salad consisted of a plate with lots of raw white onion, carrot, lettuce, sweetcorn, beetroot and topped off with tinned fruit cocktail. It was truly disgusting. I found it incredible that in an area overflowing with fresh fruit of every kind easily available in supermarkets and street markets that any establishment would serve up tinned fruit cocktail on a bed of "salad" and call it tropical salad. Was it cheap. No it wasn't - two drinks, fanta lemon and a beer plus two salads came to just over 20 euro. Call it £18!!. I'll go back to my age old avoidance of all places central no matter how enticing they may be on a hot day.

2  Thank alanmac56