See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Like many earlier posters, we stayed here to break up our car trip from southern to northern Spain. The location was easy to get to (with help of GPS) and it is about a 20 minute walk to the center of the tourist area. The hotel staff states it is 15 minutes, but maybe that is true if you know where you are going and walk quickly; not something characteristic of tourists.

We had little time in Teruel as we arrived in the evening, but we had a pleasant walk through a nice neighborhood into the old town at night to see the buildings and plazas lighted.

The hotel is in a residential neighborhood. We arrived on a Monday in late September, and things seemed quiet; there was some parking on the street directly in front of the hotel so we did not pay for the garage. When we reserved our room (on short notice), we paid a small amount extra to get breakfast. I don't recall the amount but it was about €5-6 for two. It seemed like a bargain even though the breakfast was standard, nothing special.

Room was nice, but certainly not fancy. WiFi worked well in the room. The hotel was very quiet during our stay. We only saw two other guests as they were checking-out while we ate breakfast. We had the breakfast room to ourselves.
Overall a good stay. and we would consider returning.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank SFCAcruiser
Reviewed 2 October 2016

As we have been in this hotel once before, my wife and I are happy to come back. We are enjoying the cleanliness and calm location to make a break on my long trip to southern Spain. The Wi-Fi is good, it has a little fridge, amenities, and the large room and bathroom is comfortable. The (off season?) price is a good value. We will be back!

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank danieljeanpaulm
Reviewed 27 July 2016

This year is the second year I stay in this hotel. Is a 2 x 2 bed room. The only thing it is not correct was the wifi. It was very slow and the signal at bedroom was very low.
Clean room, and bathroom. In the first year I stay here, the room was more young.

Room tip: there are old and new rooms, the new's are the best
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Before I get to the positives about the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza (of which there are a few), there are some things that we need to get out of the way. 1. If you somehow ate a free breakfast, a slice of melon, a drip of pineapple juice or even just a slurp of a cortado, then you must have slipped under the radar of the staff of the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza. Breakfast is NOT free, it is Euros 7. A cup of coffee? 7 Euros. A full platter of ham, melon, cheese and pastry, a liter of orange juice and 23 cappuccinos? 7 Euros. 2. Parking on-site at the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza is 10 Euros per night. Repeat, parking is not free on-site at the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza. Phew. Okay. Now that the misconceptions are out of the way, why stay at the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza? First, the location. Though it is located outside the heart of what might be considered "touristic" Teruel, the area is a pleasant, bustling neighborhood of residences and businesses. Ample, safe street parking is widely available, and we were able to park our car about 75 feet from the front door of the hotel. The walk to the bridges into the old town of Teruel is about 10 minutes, but very pleasant and provides a lot of opportunities for coffee or tapas stops, if you'd like. Our room was located on the second floor and was huge. A room this size in NYC would easily be $300.00/night, but was 50 Euros a night here. The bathroom was pretty luxurious, with a bathtub that was long and deep enough for this 5'10" girl to completely sprawl out in. The bed was very comfortable, with extra pillows in the closet if needed. There were two air conditioning units, but only one seemed to work (the overhead one), but it was more than sufficient to cool the room. The windows have heavy-duty, light-blocking drapes, so it is very easy to sleep in in complete quiet and darkness. As mentioned by the reviewer who was unfortunately (and terrifyingly! Who needs Dinopark!) trapped in the parking garage (remember, 10 Euros a night for that adventure!), the Hotel Suite Camarena Plaza is VERY reliant on the room key card for access, not only to (and, apparently out of) the garage and the rooms, but also into the hotel itself after-hours. It is not a heavily-staffed hotel, so you might be out of luck if you don't have it (or, in our case one day, if your card becomes demagnetized; fortunately, one of the hotel staff happened to be on our hotel floor when it happened). In all, the room was very comfortable, nearby on-street parking is easy to find, and the location is great from which to explore Teruel and the Aragon region. Just get your cortado and pastry elsewhere (and don't forget your keycard).

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was another stop over night on our way through Spain.
The location of the hotel is on the edge of the town in a newly developed urban area. They do bed and breakfast but no evening meal.
The local area is a bit limited as far as restaurants are concerned but we found a really good Tapas bar 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.
The staff at the hotel had enough English to communicate effectively apart from the in house parking system which is so secure that you have to make sure you have your electronic switch with you all the time. Having removed all the bags from the car to the room, I went down to the car again via the hotel's internal access door to get some other things. While I was there the receptionist put her head round the door and said something in Spanish which I did not understand. Next, I heard the door being locked! I didn't have the electronic 'zapper' with me to open the large shutter at the entrance to the car park. I was trapped! However, there was another exit which then involved walking all the way round the block back to the hotel's front door. Moral of the tale 'Always have your zapper on you'!
In the morning the internal access door was still locked so we had to cart the bags all the way down to reception and access the car park (with the zapper) from the outside. There seems to be no reason why they should have locked the internal access door during the day.
Apart from the above criticism I have to say that the breakfast was fine and the service friendly and helpful and I would certainly recommend this hotel for a stop over.

Date of stay: July 2012