We stayed as a family with a 5 and 4 year old for 1 week from 28th June and just returned yesterday. We only booked this holiday through Jet 2 holidays a week before we left as a last minute treat and we were delighted with it! It was our first package type holiday so were unsure of what to expect.....
After reading about the long transfers from the airport to the resort we decided to book a private taxi which cost us 100 euros but only took 1 hour and was very easy after collecting our luggage. We were met by Michelle at reception who was a pleasure to deal with, she was very welcoming and informative and provided us with everything we needed to know for the next week.
We requested a sea view room and were located in Block 12 (Dolphin), this was perfect as far enough away from the evening entertainment to not hear a thing but close enough to walk to pools, restaurants etc. The view was fantastic and all you could hear was the sea lapping up by the beach each morning. The beach really is beautiful and the colour of the sea is turquoise blue, I loved having my morning cuppa on the balcony taking in the views. The room itself was excellent, well equipped and ideal for a family of 4, the kids slept on the sofa bed and we have a lovely king size firm bed in the separate bedroom. The bathroom had a lovely big walk in shower which the kids loved!
Pools were great, kids loved the pirate ship pool and the big main pool by the pool bar. My favourite was the chill out pool which we didn't find until day 4 but it was a lovely surprise when we did.... a lovely calm atmosphere with Bali beds to snooze on, loungers partly in the pool, a snack/drinks bar, ah perfect!
There were lots of daily activities on offer, as a bit of a fitness freak I wanted to try out some classes so did something every day including, spinning (5pm every day), body balance, aerobics. Thanks to Sandra for taking these great classes! The gym equipment is pretty dated (as are the spinning bikes!) but it's got enough for a workout and was very quiet while I was there. There is also daily football and beach volleyball too.
The kids loved the kids club, big thanks to Marco, Selina and Simone for keeping our two so happy all week! They did creative hour most mornings, pirate games, baking, medal games and treasure hunts. All great fun and meant we got to chill by ourselves for a bit which was nice. Beware that some activities for kids do require parents present such as t-shirt painting (cost of 6 euro for this too) and treasure hunts as they go out of the club to do this. Mini disco at night was a hit and the kids go mad for Bufo and Katty! My two were obsessed with them by the end of the week and crying when we came to leave!
Restaurants were great, we were All Inclusive so mostly ate in the Caprice main restaurant which was buffet style, so much choice for everyone here and we were never disappointed. Thanks to Manuel who met us each day which a huge smile at this restaurant, my wee boy Jack loved him and was always pleased to see him and "high five" each day.
We ate in the Mexican once and the Italian too, both excellent. The Italian is lovely and offered the best food, service and views. We had such a lovely meal here, thank you.
Another thing to mention is there is a laundry room with 2 washing machines and a tumble drier which is free to use 24 hours a day but just bring your own detergents. This was a life saver for me and I put a wash on every day and came home with 2 cases of clean clothes, bonus!
All in all a fantastic holiday, kids have been crying since we left and are desperate to go back. Only mistake we made about this trip was only going for 1 week instead of 2. We will be back though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Viva Cala Mesquida Resort & Spa is situated on the stunning beach of Cala Mesquida. Another attraction is the best facilities, an exclusive cuisine and a great program of activities for entire family. The hotel has two open-air pools for all our clients and a pirate ship pool for the little ones. It also boasts a multi-sport area and a fully equipped gym. Our Balneum Spa & Wellness area offer an even wider range of services to our customers. The gastronomy is one of the strong points of Viva Cala Mesquida Resort. We offer a large variety of food at the buffets and in our themed restaurants a la carte: Our Italian restaurant La Terraza with stunning views, the Mexican restaurant “La Guitarra” to enjoy Mexican dishes and tapas and our beach restaurant “Mirablau” situated on the beach of Cala Mesquida. Our amazing selection club apartments stand out; they offer comfort, exclusive facilities and all you need to spend a relaxing holiday. Discover all the benefits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Cala Mesquida Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Cala Mesquida Resort Aparthotel Hotel Capdepera
- Viva Hotel Cala Mesquida
- Viva Resort Cala Mesquida
- Viva Cala Mesquida Resort & Spa Majorca, Spain - Capdepera