We have just come back from Viva Cala Mesquida Club, I travelled with my husband and two children (14 & 12). This was our 5th visit to one of the viva hotels and as usual we were not disappointed, the hotel and its grounds are fabulous, clean and spacious. There are 3 pools, the main family pool where the activities take place, the chill out pool and another small family pool over looking the sea.
We booked a swim up apartment which meant that we had a garden with a table & chairs, 2 sun loungers and a hammock which led straight out onto the chill out pool. This apartment was beautiful, it was large and accommodated the four of us perfectly. The apartment was cleaned every day (even though it says 5 times a week). The chill out pool was used by children (including our own) but there were only a few and all of them (regardless of age) behaved very well, no one was messing around and they respected the fact that it was meant to be an adults only pool.
The food in the hotel was great (even for fussy eaters like me). They have a great vegetarian selection and meat selection. They cook fresh food on the grill at each meal setting and there is lots of variety.
The staff were very friendly (in all areas) and the common language spoken was English. The resort appeared to be made up primarily of Germans and Dutch which made for a very nice atmosphere in the resort.
The only down side that we can think of was the evening entertainment, however we entertain ourselves anyway playing games and cards so this wasn't really an issue for us.
The resort is out of the way and thats why we chose it as we do not enjoy the more noisier, busier areas, we go on holiday to relax and chill out. This is not a resort for someone looking for nightlife, bars and restaurants.
Last year we stayed at the Resort (which is next door) and we actually enjoyed this one better as the kids were encouraged to get involved in the activities which they thoroughly enjoyed -however there is not much difference between them.
Its worth noting that the reviews for the Park are likely to be reviews for the club as well as they share the same facilities but not the accommodation. They are just across the road from each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Cala Mesquida is located in one of the most beautiful places of Mallorca. Natural surroundings and just 5 min. walking from the stunning beach, this hotel features all you need to experience some unforgettable holidays in Cala Mesquida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Zafiro Cala Mesquida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Cala Mesquida Club Hotel Capdepera
- Zafiro Cala Mesquida Majorca, Spain - Capdepera