“What a rip off!”

Elegance Vista Blava
Ranked #41 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrived at 22.30 looking forward to a much needed holiday with my 2 daughters. Arrived expecting a room with 3 single beds, balcony and aircon. What we got was a double room with a single bed squashed into it, NO aircon and NO balcony, only 1 window next to the noisy aircon outlet on the roof... Room 434. There was also mould growing in one corner of the room due to there being a bathroom stuck in the middle of the room without a window! As both myself and one of my daughters are asthmatic, I immediately complained as was told nothing could be done until morning, but the following morning we were told there were no other rooms available until the second morning! We were then offered another room...502! Again no aircon, or balcony, but we did have 3 single beds and a bathroom with a tiny window for the steam to escape! Food very basic and not very varied! All inclusive does not include day time snacks, but only relates to the bar, which closes at 22.00. The sheets and towels were not changed and the pool was not very clean!
Our agent requested a late book out as we were flying at 04.25. We had to vacate our room by 12.00 or pay 10 Euros to stay in there for the rest of our last day, which I did to avoid just sitting around the hotel for 13hrs! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paulinenr

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just come back from spain vista blava. If you want basic food and room and hotel this is for you. Foood was same all the time pork and more pork every day execept for one day we had chicken wings. After 10 days got fed up of it. Ice cream only at evening meal BAR CLOSED AT 10pm. Pool not clean sheets on bed not changed. No snacks or nibbles thru day. Queing all the time for drinks as staff only one and they were always cleaning the tables even when no one been sat there. it seemed that come first customer come last. Room very poki Bath were for a midget. Dont know where other reviews on this hotel came from not the same hotel we stayed in. Was the worse on in 35 years never again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Myself partner 2 friends and my 6 year old and 1 year old stayed here on 22nd July we had a lovely time the hotel is very basic but the cleanliness is amazing the pool is small one toddler pool and a big pool but all seem to enjoy and plenty of laughs unfortunately the bar closes at 10 but plenty of lovely bars around callor mallor
Rooms are quite small but they did for the 9 nights we were in them
The beach is about 5 minute walk with some lovely shops to go in plenty for the ladies so don't forget your wallet boys ;)
The beach is beautiful very busy at times but the sea is beautiful clear and quite warm
The staff are friendly the food is very similar everyday but always tastes nice and something for everyone
Lovely experience :)))) would go back !!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Shimmer1234
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Sit back, grab a brew, this could be a long one.....
We, that is my fiance, her daughter (12) and myelf, went for 10 days from the 23rd July. The hotel itself when we got there was very clean and tidy, and the check in person was very polite and helpful. We were offered drinks and food as we were late arivals, which was a welcome surprise. The room we were given was basically a stanard room with an extra bed in it, a little cramped but fine for us. we had requested a high floor with a pool view through Easyjet Holidays, which is what we got. It had a balcony just big enough for us, and the room was air conditioned, with a small but perfectly servicable bathroom, all sqeaky clean.

The pool area is not huge, but fine for the size of the hotel, the same goes for the pool, which was always clean, clear and well maintained. We are not big sun worshippers, but getting seating or a sunbed around the pool was never a major problem, even after the usual idiots that run out first thing in the morning and drape towels over the "best" ones.

The food.......was hardly memorable, but was always well cooked. It tended to be a little of the same every day, and yes, the pork was pretty much the staple meat! We ate most meals at the hotel, and always managed to find something to eat that was filling and pretty enjoyable, even the fussy one! Drinks were plentiful during meals, and the all inclusive bar was fine, with local spirits and beer, usually in plastic cups, but there was never a problem in ordering more than one drink.

The staff were always pleasant and worked all hours, keeping the place clean, and looking after the guests, especially the single bar person, who had to tend the bar and keep the place clean and tidy too. Top marks to the staff.

There was little entertainment, nothing for younger kids, but the pool was always busy, and everyone seemed quite happy. They have a "band" that comes every Wednesday and Saturday evening, and believe me, they are really rubbish! The same music each time, badly mimed by the female member, and badly played by the male member, but good for a giigle the first time at least.

The hotel is 5 minutes from the beach, in a pretty quiet residential area, and Cala Millor itself is a lovely place, with lots of bars, restaurants, and shops. We did a trip on the boat to Porto Christo, and caves of Drach, which was overpriced, overcrowded, and over hyped. Be careful what they sell you. The bike hire places vary mightily too, the one on the front near the boat jetty the biggest rip off of all, by advertising all its bikes, scooters etc by the hour, but charging by the half hour and not mentioning it!

Special mention to the Liverpool Bar, great little bar.

In conclusion, we had a great holiday, pleasantly surprised with the hotel after some of the reviews, and would def go back to that area again, and possibly the hotel too.

Room Tip: Go for a pool view, higher up the better for quietness
5  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here as a family of 3 adults and 2 young children. We were given rooms 305 & 306, 3rd floor and next to each other( me and Husband in a 2 bedroom and our children and mum-in-law in the 3 bedroom). Both had balconies but our one was a lot bigger, I did notice that there are quite a size difference in balconies.

We arrived just before midnight and after checking in and getting our A i bands fitted the Receptionist said they had laid on some food, which was nice of them. Ham, cheese,bread & biscuits plus drinks. This was just right as hadnt eaten since lunch time and was before bed anyway.

For a 3 star I thought this was good although have been to better 3 stars I wldve rated them ones a more 4 star. It all depends on where you go as weve always been 3 star and so much difference from Tenerife to spain to greece. At the end of the day as long as its clean, I dont get deli belly and staff are pleasant we are not too bothered as the hotel is just a base to stay its the country/resort that matters in my case.

Nothing was ever a problem for instance, we didnt get fresh towels for 2 days and when I went down to ask for some just before our evening meal they apologised and asked if I wanted some now. As w'ed just showered I said itll b ok until tomorw but when we went back up to our rooms later that night they ahd left some. The rooms were cleaned every day and we then had fresh towels every day!!

Room 305 was on a corner so we had side view of pool and over looked road, which was a bit noisy if we had window open as coaches wld stop and pick up/drop off all through the night. I timed it around 1am. 3am and 5am, but was all over in 10 mins.

As for pork, I cant remember having this every night like other reviews. Breakfast was the usual mixture of continental, cereals, fruits, croissants, cheese and hams plus various cooked breakfast items. There was plenty of drinks from fruit juice, squash, fizzy, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Lunch time was a huge selection of cooked foods along with salads and fruits plus puddings. The same in the evening but I can not recall having any left over stuff from lunch time each meal setting was different.

The pool was small but just about the right size even with all the inflatables. This was cleaned out every morning. We did struggle to get a bed a few times but thats when we went out for the morning. I did clock that if you didnt reserve your beds by 9am you were out of luck.

The bar was ok didnt have to queue more than a few minutes even tho only one staff member on at a time. They were small cups which was fine as didnt get warm if you wanted to sit around the pool and we didnt have any restrictions on how many at a time. Ranging from all fizzy, fruits juice,spirits, beer, wine & hot drinks. The only downfall is that it closes at 10pm.

The entertainment was the same duo, they were good but I think watching them more than twice wld get a bit boring! They payed here 3 times during our 7 night stay.Apart from that there wasnt any.

The childrens entertainment was non exsistant and when my daughters wanted to do some collaging as advertised in reception we were all sitting there at the time stated along with some other little kiddies for about 10 mins so I started the kids off as they were all getting bored then the girl arrived and told me off saying I have to ask t use the things!! We didnt return after this and I must say didnt see any more adverts by reception or the kids entertainer after this. There was more children in the age range of 4 - 12 and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves anyway just splashing in the pool. The hotel is too small to have a big kids club but something going on in the lounge area back of the bar which is set back could be made more child friendly, they have got a few machines and pool table but theres ample room for loads more. Wii, Playstations, arts n craft table etc. Kids disco wld b good too as nothing for the evening! There are a few swings, small slide and ping pong table but thats just for the little ones.

The location was good aswell about 5 mins to shops and beach in a quiet residential area.

I would not recommend this hotel to families who are used to full on entertainment from morning to night, likes queuing for ages for 100s of food choices. I must stress again this hotel is quite small and caters for that. If you want more go to a bigger hotel if you want peace and quiet or have children who are quite happy to splash around in the pool all day then this is the place for you. However I think more suited to older couples or families with very young children.

I would return here again if given the chance but I like to explore other places so who knows?

5  Thank R0siegrace
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from a short stay at the Elegance Vista Brava and the hotel was ok nothing to complain about really, you get what you pay for and we really didnt expect too much. Hotel staff were ok, not a lot of choice at meal times and was the same every day but food was hot. we had a room over the front of the hotel it was very noisy at night and a very annoying dog that kept barking all night, the room was too small for 3 beds as we couldnt get to the wardrobes without moving the beds about. Room was very clean no complaints there. Reception staff told us the all inclusive finished at 12 midday and we didnt get picked up until 8pm in the evening so this was annoying to say the least. Could not keep our room on after 12 midday and had to have a shower in the public toilet just off reception with people wandering in whichwas not great. Hotel is just a 5 minute walk away from the beach which is good and really close to shops. I would not return to this hotel but i think for the money you pay it's about what you would expect really.

4  Thank Jane c
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely appalling room 502. Shouldnt be allowed. No balcony. No aircon. No fan. Complained but was told to pay €10 euro per night for a better room! No stirage space. Pathetic shower area. Not a room that should be let out to guests. Ridiculous.Pool area nice. Drinks very limited. Food hot but so repetative. Wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014