“Great staff and location”
Review of Hotel Voramar

Hotel Voramar
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Voramar. I had half board and the food was delicious. The staff were helpful and friendly and the location, right opposite the beach, is great. The one disappointment was my room. I booked a single room and was given one at the back of the hotel facing into the air shaft between buildings. Almost all the other rooms have balconies and as the hotel was not full during my stay it would have been brilliant to be upgraded. Also all the TV channels are in German as most of the guests were German. It would be nice to have one or two English channels.

Room Tip: As long as you are not single I think all the rooms would be great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 372Annie

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have just returned from 7 days in Calla Millor with a group of 5 male friends. We all booked single rooms on a B&B basis and found the hotel was exactly what we wanted.
The hotel and rooms were immaculately clean and were a credit to the cleaning team. The bar was good and the location excellent and it was located just over the road from a sandy beech. As I said we had booked breakfast with our rooms and although open until 10.30 only two of us made it and that was our last day so feel it unfair to comment on the quality but it was edible

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Completely happy with the hotel and service. The staff is responsive and friendly, always provide the necessary assistance. The hotel shares the sea promenade, here drive cars and motorcycles, so it's best to have a room above the second floor. Excellent sandy beach and ends at 50 meters from the hotel, further towards Cala Bona stones.
    The room is small but has everything you need. Balcony with side sea view was quite good. The maid cleaned the room clean every day, leave a tip did not take.
    Dining in the restaurant is quite normal, unless you come to a gastronomic tour. For breakfast, if the proposed alternate meals can have a variety for 8 - 9 days. Dinners always had some new dish. The restaurant staff are always friendly and willing to help. Special thanks to Miquel, who was very courteous and gallant.

Room Tip: better to take a room above the second floor, to hear less street noise and the sound of the restaur...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Liudmila I
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I chose this hotel with the help of an agency and to say the truth, I chose it because it was almost on the beach.

My first impression on the hotel was neutral since the reception, not being luxurious, it was not decrepit (I remind you that this is a 3 star hotel). When we got to the rooms... well I really wanted to exchange to another hotel: they gave me twin beds (which I hate) and the lights didn't worked. We complained about this and, regarding the bed there was nothing they could do since there was no request from the agency for a double and the hotel was full but they solved very quickly the lighting problem.

On the morning, we noticed that we did not had water on the flush recipient. And, once again I complained about this and they also solved this problem.

Then we went down to have breakfast... and another problem: my girlfriend is celiac and they didn't had the notification the agency told they would send. This first day she had to have a poor breakfast because there was only a few things she could eat (fruits and almost nothing else). But for dinner they already had everything alternative gluten and lactose-free like milk, ham, bread, cheese, compotes,...

These were the problems that we had and where solved really fast. I must say I had a first day almost regretting having chosen this hotel but, as the day passed this feeling disappeared and with dinner it finally went away.

I have read a few reviews stating that the food was crap. Some people back home also warned us that the food in Mallorca was horrible. Well. I must say that I am not a gourmet taster but I really like food and I do think I have some good taste when it comes to food and let me say that I was always waiting for dinner time (we have chosen breakfast and dinner because we expected to have lunch on the beach sometimes and go out to know the island and have lunch somewhere else). Although it was not as varied as I expected, the food was extremely tasty and with very good presentation. For the breakfast the same: not having a huge selection (and some things I simply did not tried since they seemed too much for my Portuguese stomach) the food was very tasty and the scrambled eggs, sausages,… were always hot and quickly re-supplied.
I gained two kilograms because of that!

The staff was very friendly and nice, always asking if everything was OK or if you needed something. And you didn't had to wait much to see your requests fulfilled.

The location was just fabulous! The hotel is some 20 meters from the beginning of the beach and exactly in the middle of two private areas (well not private but you had to pay for the chair and straw umbrella. There is no other hotel with such a proximity. Believe me.

I was a little afraid with some reviews but I also noticed that they are a bit old and I guess that they have made some improvements since then. In fact, to be better it would turn a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Top front rooms with awesome view and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jjaa1974
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I booked Hotel Voramar through easyJet when I came to visit my girlfriend in the summer who was working in a close golf spa. The hotel is clean, attractive and literally 50ft of the sea front.

The reception staff are excellent, and always willing to see how your stay is going. They also run the bar too so they soon get to know the holiday requirements. The sauna and other facilites on the top of the hotel are OK but not brilliant - but it was free.

The hotel sorted me a car which I was able to park in a local car park for FREE. No hassle what so ever.

Would I stay here again? Yes I would because it's ideally located right in front of the beach and it it very safe. Staff cannot do enough for you, but the food is rubbish so I ate out with my girlfriend most nights.

Room Tip: Very useful hotel and well located.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We are a young couple - 24 F 30 M. We were there for 10 days, in the end of June 2011. I was in so many hotels till now, all over the world, but this is the noisiest hotel I've EVER been ! It is on the beach street from one side and it lies on 1 another street with a lot of traffic all day and night long. If U want some rest and good sleep - DON'T GO THERE, you will be allowed to sleep maximum 4-5 hours per night. The walls are very thin, may be made of cardboard ! U hear everything what your neighbours says and make ! U can hear a doors slapping all night long from everywhere! It is full of german pensioners, only a few young couples. The rooms are VERY SMALL ! The air-conditioning is central, not good at all. The bathroom is very small too. The telephone shower was broken and couldn't move. There was no ventilation in the bathroom. The TV in the room was so small and old, it switches off and on when it wants, alone ! There were only 5-6 only german programs, no music channel, no other english speaking channels. There was only 1 power plug on the wall in the whole "big" room. U must pay for fridge in the room - 2 Euro per day - miserable robbery ! Wireless is 3 Euro per day. Restaurant is very, VERY small, always VERY cold and smelly. All the tables and chairs are so close each other, that you cannot seat normally, because of all the people near, packet like sardines ! U have to share 1 very small table for max 3 people, with other strangers, and this table must have 4 people according to the hotel rules. But there is just NO place for the plates on that small table, awfully ! The breakfast was lets say OK, but the same every day......but the dinner was really, really BAD ! Don't go there, especially with a dinner ! The personnel of the hotel was very helpful and polite, but only one gentleman on the reception speaks english so-so. The others – only german and spanish. And the last 1 – we have paid for a room with a seaview, but we got a room, from where you can see only a small part of the beach and sea, lets say about 40-50 meters. So, I don’t know about the other opinions, but I was very DISAPPOINTED of the hotel ! And if U want to go there – read my review and may be U have to think 1 more time !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dobriv
Reviewed 5 July 2011

the hotel is located on the seafront and is spotless, the breakfast is awful, the staff are helpful if they speak english, if you are looking for a base and not going to eat there this is ideal, the seaviews are partial and are overlooking other peoples balconies but don't let that put you off you will be on the beach all the time anyway as the hotel has no pool. the beach is lovely. if you stay here or anywhere in Cala Millor or Cala Bona you must visit Danni's Bar which is on the the next road along(away from Cala Bona) this is where i spent most of my holiday. Colin the owner is very friendly, and has good knowledge of where to go to eat. Drinks are cheap too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo