While in general agreement with all reviewers except the person kept up all night by the owners daughters wedding, (a one-off I imagine), I feel that I need to point out a few small issues which I found somewhat irritating given the stunning reviews on this hotel, and the fact that at £3500 for a two week stay I had been led to believe that this hotel was beyond reproach.
1. On arrival no welcome drink while checking in, as in other hotels in both Platinum and A la carte brochures, e.g. R.I.U. hotel chain.
2. No complementary drink or fresh fruit in room on arrival. Ditto.
3. No shop within Hotel (nearest Spar approx 150-200 metres).
4. Bedroom furniture of poor quality (black varnished and chipped) and sofa in living area being a 'Futon' type and not comfortable.
5. A unusually high number of young children in a hotel of this calibre, with buggy's being pushed around the dining room at both breakfast and dinner.
6. No alternative to buffet meals i.e. table d'hote, or a' la carte which for some of the more infirm clients would have been a considerable help.
7. Long queues at grill station with people milling around looking at the extensive range of food on offer.
8. Insufficient dining room staff rushed off their feet - no specialist wine waiter/sommellier.
9. Steam room, sauna and relaxation room not permanently operational and required a request at reception to switch on.
As previous reviewers have stated some suites in the annex overlook the mountains but do not receive any sun at any time of the day, and also overlook the rough area of ground which houses the numerous horses and donkeys. A better option in my opinion would be a pool view room.
The resort of Cala Millor has changed considerably (for the worse) since my last visit many years ago with the relative quiet of Cala Bona being the only redeeming feature.
In conclusion I feel that the dining experience is colouring a number of the reviews expressed on this site and while acknowleging that the food was of a very high standard the points which I have raised require some attention by management.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Lastminute, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hipotels Hipocampo Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hipotels Hipocampo Palace Hotel Cala Millor
- Hipotels Hipocampo Palace Cala Millor, Majorca