We stayed at the Hipocampo Playa for three nights in the middle of our Mallorca work/holiday trip. This place is a bit of a let down. The location is very removed which if you want to lay back in the sun and do nothing, is great! But the hotel itself is very tired and outdated. The rooms are late 80's early 90's style, a double bed is two singles pushed together but still made up as two singles. The balcony's are nice, it would be great to have a room which looked over the bay but we were told these get booked about 6 months in advance. To be honest, the hotel felt so old and tired that we really didn't spend much time there at all.
The real gem is in the Beach Bar (not part of the hotel) about 2 minutes drive down the road where you can happily sit ALL DAY without being hassled or moved on. Good food, nice cold drinks and the most beautiful beach for swimming.
The pool area at the hotel was quite large, the spa and relaxation was again a bit tired. The evening entertainment was appallingly bad, laughable. It is all very catered to their target market in this hotel which is German I believe.
So would i go there again? If they redecorate the rooms then yes. The crystal clear water where you swim out from the hotel is great, wish i had my snorkel and mask. The other weird thing is they have a restaurant that sits on the grounds of the hotel, looks over the hotel beach area, but it isn't part of the hotel so be aware before you go there as you can't charge it back to your room. We had a lovely 'hot stone' steak where you cook it yourself and the service there was fantastic. Location wise, you're about 15 minute drive to the closest town, very German but it has all manner of shops and restaurants. It wasn't super nice, we did a wander through but nothing really took our fancy so we high tailed it back to the beach bar. We didn't eat in the hotel buffet, again, the vibe of the place inside was not super appealing so we tended to stick to the outdoor areas and surrounds. If you have kids this place would probably be great, big grassy lawns, playground, pools, beach area and being quite removed, you'd probably feel totally at ease knowing that they cant get very far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Hipotels Hipocampo Playa Hotel is located in the town of Cala Millor in Majorca and has 204 rooms distributed in a six story building. It is the ideal place to escape the monotony of the big cities and enjoy a stay full of sun and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hipotels Hipocampo Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hipotels Hipocampo Playa
- Hipocampo Playa
- Hipotels Hipocampo Playa Cala Millor, Majorca