“Superb”
Review of Hipotels Said

Hipotels Said
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Visited this hotel twice in one season. On second visit we were remembered warmly and greeted by the staff.
Food excellent and plentiful same with the wine.
We were the only Brits in the hotel the rest of the visitors were German. They were so nice, when we left to come home, those Germans who were left all came to our table to say good-bye.
Must agree about the smoking at the bar, so sit elsewhere, the waiters are there to be bring your drinks over.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Rodders95

Reviewed 19 September 2010

I visited this hotel with two other ladies. The three of us had a relaxed time. This hotel was in the prime location everything almost at the door step. The food varieties were awesome. Something for all of us The bedroom we clean and very comfortable. We had a good view of the sea :)
The staff was friendly and helpful.
This is one of the best hotels i have been to.

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank Neets83
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Went to this hotel across Easter weekend with my wife. Very poor facilities and guests were allowed to smoke in the bar - meaning that it was impossible to sit in the main bar for more than 5 minutes without feeling like you had smoked a pack of 20 and having your clothes and hair smell.
Room was rubbish - we had to make a big fuss to get them to put the beds together to make a 'double bed' ( which we had specifically requested when we booked ), and I got backache after sleeping on the poor mattress. Hotel staff couldn't really care less.
At the meals you were made to share a table - nice people but I don't really want to make polite conversation when I'd rather spend some time with my wife. Food was ok - a bit samey but good quality. Wine was terrible.
Entertainment was a joke - out of the three nights we were there, we had a troupe of barely legal dancing girls ( apart from the mother ), a magican and bingo - obviously big for those of a teutonic persuasion.
It was ok however as the smoke drove us out of the bar anyway - we had more fun in the karaoke bar down the road.
Resort itself was very nice - some tat shops in the main stretch but a nice beach and some good restaurants. Take my advice and get out of Calla Mallor if you want to see some nice bits of Mallorca - Porto Christo, Caves of Drac etc. You'll meet some friendly people.
I felt like we had fallen through a hole in time back to 1970 - I don't remember the hotel being advertised as retro when we booked.
Such a shame as Mallorca is very nice. Hotel was advertised as 4 star - I'd hate to see some other places. Don't be fooled by the money they've spent on the front.
Go somewhere else for a good time - be warned - unless you are Johnny Vegas or have a mobility scooter.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LondonSimonM
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I've just returned home after staying in the Hotel Said with my teenage daughter. I was there for a week but wished i'd have booked longer. The hotel was modern, all the staff were wonderful and the food was "cruise like", from quail, suckling pig, all sorts of fish, salads, meats, fruits and a superb range of sweet dishes. We were given a glass of champagne on our last evening. Mainly the guests were German, whch was a pity because I don't speak the language, but were friendly towards us. The entertainment staff, Jonas and Lydia work very hard to ensure you have a good time. I would definately come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank WalsallFrancesca
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Very quite resort at this time of year, however, the hotel was full with other Europeans, we were only 2 of 6 Brits. Food variety and quality was fantastic with something different for everyone at each meal. It may become boring if you had a fortnights stay but we really had no complaints. The Health club has an indoor heated pool so no need to swim in the colder outside pool at this time of year. Lots of free organized activities ranging from rifle shooting,cycling, aerobics etc. and evening entertainment if that's your thing. We used the hotel as a base to then motor tour the Island as most places only max 2 hours drive with the new great roads. Only issue was that the lounge is a smoking area and not pleasant to spend the evening in for non smokers. Prices and service are very good with all Staff being very helpful. Our room was upgraded but standard is really 3 star UK equivalent. Will certainly book again if in Majorca. Parking is available in the roads around Hotel with no problems finding a nearby space at this time of year. Only a few bars and restaurants were open at night and the roads were full of European cyclists, who seemed to have tours arranged all over the Island.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank YorkMorrisTraveller
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Just got back today from a 7 night stay in this hotel and I couldn't be more satisfied. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite and the food was was of a very high standard.If you don't like Germans then this is not the hotel for you but I didn't have a problem because most of them were polite and made a fuss of my six years old daughter.The entertainment couple who organized the kids club and the and the evening shows were very talented both of then being multi linguial and very friendly, so really I cannot recommend this hotel too highly as everything about it contributed to a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Spooneybroon
Reviewed 6 January 2010

That sums up the main criticism of this otherwise average Spanish 4 star hotel.
Me and my husband are familiar with the resort of Calla Millor and this hotel although not affording good sea views is quite centrally located. If you too have visited in the past be aware that the resort itself has deteriorated over recent years and in parts is now frankly a little run down.
Having read some of the more favourable reviews for the food at this hotel I cannot myself rate it any higher than average. The restaurant is clean, pleasant and well run and the staff, with one miserable exception, pleasant enough. We plumped for an All Inclusive holiday and given the cost of drinks and food, in the hotel and beyond, I am glad that we did. All Inclusive does not include premium branded drinks, and surprisingly for a country renowned for its wine production we yet again struggled to find a palatable bottle of red wine on offer in the hotel.
Again the room was clean but average, we paid for a pool view which is worth the little bit extra cost. One thing to remember, take your own toiletries, as they only provide one piece of soap and tiny shampoo and shower gels on arrival which are not replaced.
The entertainment is dire either bingo or waltzing to any music imaginable.
We did venture outside the hotel at night but to be honest there was very little open and our romantic moonlight strolls were often curtailed by Africans pressuring you to buy cheap Chinese watches or braid your hair, or both.
The grounds are small but neat as is the arctic outside pool, the tiny basement indoor pool was always full of children or gloomy Germans. If you use the toilet or wash facilities in the basement be careful not to look through the glass window on the pine door as this is at the perfect height to get a crotch level view of the occupant of the upper shelf in the tiny sauna, it put me off the wiener schnitzels for the week.
And please note, if you do go AI you are entitled to drink Cava with your meal; it may take a little diplomatic perseverance, but it is possible.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple