Just returned home from a week stay at the Talayot and would thoroughly recommend it.
Positioned on the Seafront with fabulous views of the beautiful east coast of Mallorca, inbetween Cala Millor and Cala Bona. Good sized rooms all with air con and a huge balcony, very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend upgrading to a seaview room, well worth the extra money.
There were plenty of different age groups, all British, staying at the hotel, families couples and older folk so i could recommend it to anyone. Kids were also well behaved around the pool and dining areas.
My wife and i stayed on a half board basis and were not dissapointed with the standard and choice of food. Breakfast was particularly good with a choice of hot english style buffet, continental cheese and meats, fresh fruit, cereals and ample hot drink choices. Evening meals were also a buffet affair but of a high standard with lots of choice that varied every night. Ignore another review on here that says theres no choice for vegetarians, absolute rubbish. My wife doesn't eat red meat and found that there were plenty of fish and chicken options as well as true veggie alternatives. Drinks were also very reasonably priced throughout the hotels 3 bars.
Entertainment was of a reasonable standard in the hotel, but is definitely aimed at the older age group (60's music bands, bingo etc), although there is plentiful entertainment in the nearby bars and restaraunts.
The pool area of the hotel is probably the only gripe, its not really big enough to cope when at full occupancy. So if your planning on sitting by the pool all day i would get up early to reserve your sun lounger.
The resort itself is excellent, plenty of quality restaraunts, bars and shops all within easy walking distance of the hotel. The promenade is lovely and has a cycle lane all the way from cala millor to cala bona. Would definitely recommend hiring a bike out, you can pick one up for 5 euros a day. The jetty for the local catamaran service is also close to the hotel and i would recommend both a trip to Cala Rajada and Porto Christo. Both have local markets on certain days.
Overall a great Holiday and we will certainly be returning again.
ps: if your heading into Cala Millor avoid the Taste of Texas restaraunt its dreadful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Talayot is a 3-star hotel in Majorca which enjoys an excellent location at the seafront, in a pedestrian area on the Bay of Cala Millor, surrounded by a virgin coastline that makes up Punta Amer Natural Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Talayot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talayot Hotel Cala Millor
- Talayot Cala Millor
- Hotel Talayot Cala Millor, Majorca