Having looked at the reviews for this hotel we had high expectations. I can safely say that these expectations were matched. The hotel is very friendly and welcoming.
As a couple we were travelling abroad with our baby for the first time. We were nervous about what to expect. The hotel provided us with a cot in our bedroom and all the staff made an effort to engage our daughter and make a fuss of her. Yes the hotel is slightly dated, but the reception area is spotless and neat. The rooms could do with an upgrade but they fulfilled our needs. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and the maid came every day to clean our room. We had a lovely view of the sea, if you can catch the sun rise in the morning it is rather beautiful.
We did not use the outdoor area as the weather wasn't warm enough, but it looked good. The indoor pool is excellent, nice and warm, with a Jacuzzi for 20c and hot showers.
The restaurant provided us with a high chair for our daughter, I don't think they were prepared enough for a messy baby! The quality of the food was standard for a 3 star hotel, the fresh grilled meats and fish were really nice and there were plenty of salads and other dishes to choose from. Lots of different desserts and fruit too. Breakfast was good, lots of your full English on offer as well as continental.
The entertainment in the evening was fun, bingo, quizzes, and music. We didn't stay for the later music acts. Beer prices were average. Activities in the day range from local walks, indoor golf, and pool. It is worth joining in as you get to know people in the hotel and you can have a laugh. Book for the paella demonstration on a Wednesday, it is delicious!
Some gripes included having to 'rent' the fridge in the room and having to pay for the safety deposit box €20. WIFI was strangely slow for normal browsing, but fast for watching videos and you could only access on one device, this was €15 for the week.
There was also no aircon. when we queried this we were told that it doesn't get turned on until later in the season, which we accepted as it was early season when we went, and we soon got acclimatised anyway!
Overall... Very Good indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Talayot is a 3-star hotel in Majorca which enjoys an excellent location at the seafront, in a pedestrian area on the Bay of Cala Millor, surrounded by a virgin coastline that makes up Punta Amer Natural Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Talayot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talayot Hotel Cala Millor
- Talayot Cala Millor
- Hotel Talayot Cala Millor, Majorca