“Single Room”

Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Single Room”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This Hotel although old is spotlessly clean and they are cleaning all the public areas daily
Entertainment can be I bit hit and miss but when we were there was a excellent girl singer on
But the Entertainment Mangers makes it all a laugh
It seem to have a lot of repeat customers mainly older people
The Food is some of the best I have had as good as some 4 stars
The only issue I have as a single traveller is the single Rooms are Small and Face into shaft .and have no view of the sky

Would I go again yes but not as a single traveller
" I am late posting this as it did not go on first time "

Room Tip: Don't book a single room
Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Briant566

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have just returned from a week half board at the Talayot, the hotel is superbly placed for Cala Millor and Cala Bona

First impressions of the hotel were very good, check in was very efficient and the staff were all very friendly. I travelled for a week as a single and had read the reviews regarding the internal single rooms so wasn't expecting much more... I was given room 222 which is one of the internal rooms overlooking the "void" in the middle of the hotel but the room was spotlessly clean and comfortable and as I do not go on holiday to spend time in my room I was not too bothered I was however a little disturbed to learn that another single traveller had booked to come to the Talayot only a couple of days prior to arriving and was given a single room with a sea view and I believe Thomson should look at the room allocation as I had paid more money a couple of months ago than this gentleman did a couple of days ago and he got a superior room. Another point on the room is that there was a sign in reception stating that you could upgrade to a twin room with a sea view for 3.5 Euro a night and when a single traveller (not me) who was in an internal room enquired about this he was informed that as he was a single traveller it would cost 75 Euro for the week, I think the hotel should make this clearer on the sign.

The staff in the Bar (Gabriel) was efficient and friendly (if not a bit eccentric) and made me feel very welcome and I found the prices in the hotel bar very reasonable 2.40 euro for a pint of San Miguel.

The food in the restaurant was in my opinion first class with plenty of choice and all well cooked and hot (both Breakfast and Evening Meal) and Gregory the head waiter was very efficient and friendly as were the Chefs and table staff, my only issue with the restaurant is that you are allocated a table for the duration of your stay and you have to share with whoever is already there I can understand this during peak season but at this time of year when the hotel is only partially occupied I do not think it necessary.

The entertainment was pretty standard stuff and nothing to get too excited about although Santini was very good and a real funny guy.

The resorts themselves were very nice although as the season is only just beginning there were still a lot of places closed and the resorts seemed to close at 6pm with very few places open but during the main season there will be plenty of places to choose from and I would definitely recommend the Beach Boys Bar (turn right of the hotel and it is just next to the Pharmacy) and also must recommend The Pub (Turn right out of the hotel and take 2nd turn and walk along and opposite the Atalon hotel) where Liz and Dave (formerly of Yates I believe) have just opened and they made me feel extremely welcome and can see this being the place to be in the summer.

I was the youngest person in the hotel but this did not affect my holiday at all and would definitely return to Talayot and Cala Millor but certainly request a room with a sea view.

Room Tip: If booking a single room request one of the ones with a view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Mike H
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We came here after a week on a cruise and to be honest when we arrived we thought it needed some updating but as soon as we got in my mind changed. Staff made you feel very welcome. The rooms were basic but very clean they we got a lovley sea view and they were very sizable but the balconys were not private . The food was very nice i really recommend the bacon butty on a morning that was very nice. On a Wednesday you learnt how to make paella and had it for your lunch it was delicious. One downsider was the average entertainment they had a bird of pray show it was okay watched much better. We enjoyed it so much we have booked to go in August 2014. I really recommend this hotel to all family's looking for the right hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank juliembarnes
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hotel Talayot is a great place to stay, it has great entertainment, lovely staff, great views, and is a 2 second walk away from the beautiful beach.

I am returning for my 3rd time this year as I really enjoyed myself here.
The first 2 times I went I shared a family room with my Mum and Dad. The room had a great amount of space with a lovely big balcony with perfect views, the room was fresh and clean and supplied a good amount of fresh air.
I reccomend paying extra for a sea view room as the view is amazing!!
This year I will be staying in a single room, I dont have a problem with this as I have seen what they are like and they are up to a good standard, unfortunatly you dont get that great of a view compared to staying in a double room.

The staff are very nice and caring and always smiling.
I promise you that you will have a great experiance here at the Talayot and you will meet some great people.

Cant wait to come back in July with my Mum and Dad!

Room Tip: I would defo reccomend a double room, with a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bethany H
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Arrived in hotel last September! Had a brilliant first week on the Thomson dream cruise, then had a second week here Very disappointed. Room smelt of smoke on arrival. No fresh air going through room at all. Complained to reception they didn't seem bothered they just said they had no other rooms available and couldn't help any further. Room also very dated! 2 Bathroom lights Broken. Shower not great. Food was good but very repetitive! Thomson holiday rep brilliant.
Hotel defenetly not 3 star!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank zigzig1
Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We arrived at the Talayot and were shown into the reception, and within minutes we were on our way up to room 219.
The staff have to be the most attentive we have come across in many years.
On entering the room we were pleasantly surprised, very crisp and clean, and smelling nice and fresh.
And when we opened the double curtains(one curtain and one blackout curtain) well what a surprise, a perfect sea-view. this alone made the experience so worth while, so if you get the chance request a sea view you definatly wont be dissappointed.
All the staff, cleaners, kitchen, entertainment, bars and reception were first class.
Our only complaint about the hotel is the Wi-Fi, at 4euros a day, is reasonable, but the Wi-Fi reception was completely awful, out of the 24 hours paid for we got about 20 minutes overall of time online, and when we complained no one seemed to know how to or really concerned as to how to fix it, which is why we went a hundred yard along the front to a kerbside bar where for the price of a couple of drinks you could have the use of their free Wi-Fi.
Overall the hotel and the resort were of very good quality, great walks and plenty of shops to visit, and the same for eating out places, far to many to list, but suffice to say you could travel the world in culinary terms, excellent.
Now for a couple of flys in the ointment, but this part is nothing to do with our stay at the Talayot.
!- On arrival at Palma De Mallorca airport, half an hour early(11am instead of !!.30), the plane seemed to taxi for a long time and eventually stopped at what seemed to be the furthest away gate there is. After what seemed to be at least a mile walk, zig zagging around the airport terminal, we arrived at the baggage reclaim, exhausted, then had to wait till 12.45 till our baggage from our flight appeared.
2- Two days before our hotel part of the holiday was over we were in the afore mentioned kerbside bar, and while i was at the bar paying for our drinks, some scumbag lifted my camera bag, containing my camera, lens' and various other wee bits, £1000 approx.

Room Tip: For the reasonable extra cost a room with a sea view is well worth it, makes all the difference
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Richard S
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel on the seafront. Room nice and clean. Balcony with seaview. Bathroom bit oldfashion but clean and very hot water. Towels can be changed daily if u want. Food very nice enough choice.and they always fill the dishes up. Waiters very friendly. The indoor and outdoor pool not very full guess most people going to the beach. The hotel is central. Shops and many restaurants next to hotel. Not too many floors and two lifts. Can really recommend the hotel and would return there again

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#17 of 58 in Cala Millor
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
#8 of 58 in Cala Millor

Been to Hotel Talayot? Share your experiences!