“Loved it”

Cristina Villas Apartments
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Came with family.. Loved it will defo be back only downside was on top floor with a pram! Staff very friendly. My children loved the daytime entertainment with becky food was nice and good entertainment at night cant wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Bjkk

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Brilliant 11 days, spotless apartment, lovely staff, will be back next june with my 81 year old mum who had to use a wheelchair which was no problem as we were given a ground floor apartment between the shop and the bar, hope we can get the same room again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Colette H
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is my 9th year staying at these apartments
I have special needs and this hotel meets them!
100%
On the day we arrived, I was told that a storm had hit the island but that didn't ruin the holiday. It was very enjoyable!
Daytime entertainment was very shuffleboard which I enjoyed and petang (French Bowls) which my grandfather enjoyed
Big thank you to Thomas who helped me when I played shuffleboard! I wish him all the best with his studies!
Evening Entertainment was ok
But it wasn't my cup of tea.
we have our own opinions
I spent most evenings surfing the web on my iPod sipping a beer!
The bar prices are ok.
The cocktails are out of this world, including free passion (passion fruit raspberry banana milk)
The food in the restaurant is ok
Hats off to Felipe! He is the person that makes my evening meals enjoyable
My grandfather had a nasty fall during our holiday, and I can't thank the staff enough for helping him!
The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the town. Walking down is okay, but on the way back I suggest you get a taxi as the hill is quite steep!
Tracy and Julie the receptionist wee very helpful
if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't know that the local Catholic Church no longer holds services in English!
One thing I will say is this
On the way to the taxi I came across these students dressed as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse charging €10 for photos!
Thankfully I managed to avoid them
Overall my holiday at the Cristina was enjoyed by all!
I'll be returning next year!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Billy H
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We've just returned from our holiday at the Cristina Apartments and we were very impressed. Lovely staff, huge apartment with air con which was included in the price and generally very relaxing. We stayed on b&b tariff and the breakfasts were fine - usual buffet and then hot breakfasts cooked to order. Paco always pleased to see us! We didn't eat in the restaurant at night but the bar snacks were good for a quick lunch. There is still a problem with selfish people reserving sun beds then going off for the day but the managers are on to this!
We walked into the centre of Cala Millor or to Cala Bona to eat each evening and would recommend Tomeau in Cala Millor and Olivia's in Cala Bona.
Our only complaints (and they are small!) - we could have done with bedside lights in our bedroom as we only had a large overhead light - difficult to read without disturbing each other and there certainly could be more umbrellas. Otherwise, a lovely complex and a really relaxing holiday!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a lovely relaxing holiday at the Cristina apartments in Cala Millor. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The complex was kept very clean - pool cleaned each morning, the ground surrounding the pool power washed, stairs to the apartments cleaned each day etc. Also your apartment is cleaned for you five days a week and clean towels every three days.
We ate the restaurant three times including once for the breakfast buffet and twice at the snack bar. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced.
I have seen many reviews complaining about the noise of the cockerel nearby. Our apartment was close to it and it didn't bother us at all and we definitely didn't lose any sleep from it! It was actually quite pleasant. Our apartment was on the first floor, with our balcony overlooking some of the pool and bar, which was a lovely view.
We found the location perfect as it gave us the chance for a short 10 minute walk each time we went to the town or beach.
The downside to the Cristina apartments for us, was that most of the entertainment was either aimed at young children or occasionally adults, therefore with us being teenagers it got a little boring in the evenings. Another downside was that there were many people who would put towels on the sunbeds to reserve them but leave them for hours or not even go on them at all, so no one else could use them! But they did start to sort this problem out by removing towels from the beds which were left for longer than 30 minutes.
These things definitely didn't ruin our stay though and this was one of our best holidays. Would love to return here!

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank llllauren45
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for 1 week from 21st June, myself, husband and 4 year old daughter. When we arrived at the apartment we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the apartment. Our daughter was supposed to sleep on a camp bed by the patio doors but my husband was relegated to that as I didn't feel that it was safe for her to be out there by herself. We were in an apartment towards the back beside the playground. This suited us as it was away from the bar area noise at nights and we got the evening sun on the balcony. The pool is not massive but we liked it and especially the shallow kids pool. It was also great that people had left lilos and other inflatables that anyone could use. We ate at the pool snack bar twice and it was very good. The only complaint was the same as mentioned previously about people reserving sunbeds, and then sometimes not even turning up to use them, just sticking the towels down just in case they fancied using them and therefore stopping other people from having them, honestly what kind of person does that? At the end of the week there were notices put up by management to resolve the situation so good for them that they listened to complaints and did something about it. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The cleaners did an excellent job.
Also there was a lack of kids entertainment in the evening, we rushed back one evening for the advertised kids mini disco and there was nothing, our daughter was disappointed as she had loved that on our previous holiday.
It is about a 10 minute walk down a slight hill to the beach. There is a long promenade that runs onto Cala Bona. We preferred the Cala Bona end, the small harbour was lovely and there was often street entertainment and bands at the hotels. There are so many restaurants to choose from, we would recommend Smithys and Lemongrass thai restaurant beside it, both at Cala Bona harbour. On the promenade there is a cycle path, so we hired a 3 wheel cycle with a horse on the front which our daughter LOVED. We did the glass bottom catamaran trip but it was very expensive and not worth the money, there was no commentary whatsoever and it never stopped to see any fish. I would not do that again. All in all we would return to Cristina appartments and Cala Millor at some point in the future but we are the type who like to always see different places.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chipper2
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at these apts. We were in a one bed apt which are all on the ground floor. We were no 11 opposite the restaurant. It was very quiet and only a few steps from the pool. We were surprised how big the apt was and we had a large terrace which got the sun in the afternoon. The apt was cool all the time and no need to use the aircon. Cleaners came in nearly everyday and we had clean towels every other day. They were spotless and all the staff are very friendly. I cant comment on the food as we never ate there but the pool was lovely.
Took about 10mins to walk to Cala Millor, 15/20mins to Cala Bona. Both nice resorts but we preferred the Cala Bona end, more live entertainment. We used to walk there and a taxi back was 5euros. If in Cala Bona go to Sanddancers karaokee bar. Thanks to Faz and Tracy for their warm welcome.
Only issue with apt were the fact people putting towels on sun beds in the night. Hotel did put up notices last 2 days to say they would be removed between 9pm and 9am so at least they are trying to do something about it.. One other thing that could be improved, not enough umberellas, only about 15 for the whole of the pool area. Not good if you have children or need the shade, most hotels now provide at least 1 to 2 beds
If eating out recommend - Sundeck in Cala Millor, lovely food, large portions and good prices.
Cala Bona - Waterfrount, and Rope and Anchor, again both great food and prices.
We did try some of the larger restaurants round the harbour at Cala Bona but to honest the food just wasnt as good and double the price.
All in all would return in the future..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hipotels Cala Millor Park
Hipotels Cala Millor Park
#3 of 59 in Cala Millor
Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa

Been to Cristina Villas Apartments? Share your experiences!