Recently back from 11 day holiday at Playa del Moro with Jet 2 Holidays. The hotel is ideally situated just across the promenade from the beach, and in the centre of the resort with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The resort itself is mainly geared for German holidaymakers with some restaurants not having English menus on the tables until you ask for one, but this wasn't a problem and the food and service was good wherever we ate. Unfortunately we had some money go missing from our room on our first morning at the hotel. We went down for breakfast at 9 o clock and returned to our room about 40 minutes later noticing that the maid had been in and cleaned our room. A short while later we realised we had forgotten to take the safe key with us when we went down for breakfast and had left it in the safe door. We opened the safe to find all our valuables still there but when we checked the wallet there was 100 euros missing. As we had arrived less than 24 hours before we knew exactly what money we had in the wallet and two 50 euro notes had gone. We immediately notified the management who came up to check the door and obtained a readout of the entry times of our room. We were told only ourselves and the maid had entered our room using the room key and that the maid had worked there for a long time and was trustworthy. I couldn't imagine the maid would risk her job by touching anything but whatever happened, the money had somehow mysteriously disappeared. The management offered to go to the police with us to report it but as it was partly our fault by leaving the key in the first place and wouldn't be able to claim on our insurance, we declined and put it down to experience and a hard lesson learnt. Then 4 days later we found out another guest had gone out for the day and left their wallet on the dressing table in their room. when they returned the wallet had gone containing all their money, debit/credit cards etc. Two such incidents in 4 days is a cause for some concern, so be on your guard when going out and ensure you put all valuables away in the security box and keep your key safe. It is unfortunate that you can't leave anything in your room without it being taken but that is the sad sign of the times I suppose and can happen in any hotel, anywhere in the world.
Putting these incidents aside the hotel itself is very good with all rooms having either a full or side sea view. The restaurant has an excellent choice of food and is of good quality both for breakfast and evening meal and the restaurant staff are a credit to the hotel, always working hard to keep the tables clear, serving drinks etc. The hotel is kept clean in all areas inside and out, although some areas are looking a little worn, but we understand it is having a refurbishment during the winter so should have a new look next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Playa del Moro offers a perfect beach holiday at one of the popular places of Majorca. Because of the ideal location of the hotel, you've got the possibility to reach many spots and do many different activities in your holidays. In the beautiful area of Cala Millor in the northeast of the island, you can find the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. The hotel is directly located at the sandy beach and just a seafront is between the sea and the hotel. At the seafront you can find many restaurants and bars where you can enjoy local food and beverages. The airport of Palma is 70 km away from the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. Regarding the meals, the SENTIDO Playa del Moro prepares fresh buffets with Mediterranean and international meals. From the terrace you've got a wonderful view of the surroundings. At the pool bar of the SENTIDO Playa del Moro, you've got the chance to enjoy the fresh drinks. You can find a pool and a separate children pool in the garden of the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. Moreover, in the spa area you can find an indoor pool and a various number of wellness treatments. In the gym you can make your workouts and stay fit during your holidays. The SENTIDO Playa del Moro has got 152 rooms in total. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your SENTIDO Playa del Moro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Del Moro Hotel Cala Millor
- Playa Del Moro Cala Millor
- SENTIDO Playa Del Moro Cala Millor, Majorca