“peaceful lovely hotel”

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Cala Millor
St Agnes, United Kingdom
“peaceful lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Just got back from Cala Millor Garden Hotel (9th June 2013). Found this hotel to be excellent, very clean, the staff where very attentive and polite. The food was great, lots of choice. The entertainment was very good. Our room was kept clean with towels changed every day. The only problem we found was that there was not enough electric sockets, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom, with all the gadgets we have now days this is not enough to keep them all charged, it wouldn't be that much of a problem if you could leave them charging while youre out but as soon as you leave your room the electricity is automatically switched off. I would defo recommend this hotel to middle aged and upward people. I don't think the younger people would like it as there was mostly older people here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cass1952
Garden H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear clients,

it is always a pleasure to know that our clients bring home such a nice memory of their stay at the Hotel Cala Millor Garden. We are glad to know that you made the most out of your holidays with us.

We have international customers: many German but also English, Polish, Dutch, etc. and we do our best to satisfy every taste and desire.

Thank you for booking us and for your fantastic marks on Tripadvisor. We hope to welcome you back soon.

The Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Just got bank from a weeks stay at Cala Millor Garden, great hotel very basic but value for money & very clean, staff were lovely couldn't do enough for you. On arrival there was a champagne reception which I've never had in a all inclusive hotel before. We were there with my elderly mother-in-law staying in two separate rooms they had initially put us on different floors but after explains to Christine on reception that we wanted to be closer to her she soon moved her to a room on the same floor. Food was good lots of fish & pork but we found something nice to eat every day. You must try the Italian resturant in the hotel grounds you have to book two days on advance & you can only go once but it's worth it, set meal & the vine is delightful. Pool area was great plenty of sun beds never had to fight for one, waiter service round the pool which I've never had in a AI before, which made it a little better than other AI hotels we've stayed in. Close to the main shopping area & 5min walk from the lovely beach. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Bonser67
Garden H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Bonser67,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you spent a wonderful time with us. It is always a pleasure to know that our job is worth it. I am glad to know that our Reception Desk was so nice and helpful, I will personally felicitate Christiane about her nice job.
Our Italian Restaurant is good indeed and ou All Inn Clients have right to one dinner per week of stay. Our Chef will be delighted to know that you loved it.

I hope to welcome you back soon and wish you a wonderful summer.

The Hotel Manager

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

My friend her daughter and myself have just returned from a 10 day all inc stay at this lovely hotel.Very clean,good food very pleasent and helpfull staff,nothing is to much trouble for them.Hotel is in a great location,very quiet,not far from everthing.A big plus was the wonderfull annimation team,work very hard,a great group always smiling,they made our holiday,so Agata,Nora Christel & Emilio a big big thankyou to you all,also thankyou to Christine Pedro and all your staff for looking after us so well.

Room Tip: Asked for a pool view on booking also e.mailed the hotel to request top floor rooms,which were alloc...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Edwards85
Garden H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear client,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Cala Millor Garden and for your excellent review on Tripadvior.

It is a pleasure to know that our customers are enjoying their holidays with us and that our job is so well valued. I am thrilled to know that you will visit us again.

Thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff.

Hotel Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Its our second visit to Cala Millor but before we stayed in a 4* hotel located right at the beach and the promenade (can be loud and noisy so we decided to pick a hotel a little more away from it). I must say that I was really pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Garden Hotel. Its not located right at the beach but still really close to it and away from all the noises and night time craziness. The only noise was coming from the go-karts (if your room faces the kart track and only during the day) but our room was facing the swimming pool and the sea so it was quiet. Room was very clean and well maintained - beds could have been a little more comfy and a proper double bed would be better than two single beds joined. Other than that the rooms are ok.
Food is not great but its still very decent (half board). Service is really amazing however keep in mind that the guests in the hotel are mainly German so majority of entertainment is in german and expect that the staff will address you in german.
The two things I didn't like is that smoking was permitted at the pool which for me is unthinkable. And also the pool bar offers close to nothing.
Overall its a great value for money and I hope I can return to that hotel for another nice stay :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcela G
Garden H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Marcela,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor and for the fantastic marks you gave us.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will recommend us. I am sorry to know that you found inappropiate that smoking was allowed in the outdoor pool area but in Spain it is legal; it is only forbidden smoking inside public buildings (bars, restaurants, hotel rooms, etc).

I hope to welcome you back soon and wish you a wonderful summer.

The Hotel Managment
Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

arrived back from this hotel 10 days ago i must say the hotel staff were very nice,but as we were half board i think that the all inclusive clients were given preference regarding rooms,food was good something for everyone although geared up for germans there were only 12 english while we there.the facilities were very good esp the indoor pool and jacuzzi,this is a very german oriented resort cala bona more english.when we were due to fly back the coach failed to pick us up the lady on reception was very excellent arranging a taxi for us and phoning the emergency number to see why no pick up operator said that we were not there but shechecked us out she knew that this was not case so glad of here help,weather not very good when we there but made the most of it.

Room Tip: we were on 1st floor not a good view sun only in morning so avoid room 1120
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindylouof32m
Garden H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Lyndiloulof32n,

thank you very much for your nice review on Tripadvisor. It is true that we usually have more German than English tourists in this period but in the high season we have more international clients. As for the room assignment, I am sorry that you did not like the room, we would have gladly changed it if we had known about it and I can assure you that our assignment criteria have nothing to do with half board or All In. Many clients send us mail with desires and we try to fulfill them whenever we can. In addition we try to avoid unnecessary waiting time and we take into account departure and arrival times.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, that you liked our indoor pool area and that our receptionist was able to help you.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

The Hotel Management
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

My partner and I stayed here on the last week the hotel was open for the season. Firstly, I wouldn't recommend staying at this time of year as the resort is mostly closed, unless you enjoy the peace and quiet! We don't like staying in the hotel all the time and there were still a few bars to visit but it wasn't very busy.

We arrived around midnight, and we were greeted at reception by Abdul who offered us both a glass of champagne. Once he had explained how the hotel works (food times, our food card with our table number, bar opening times, our key etc) he said we could go through to the dining room and help ourselves to some food that was left for people who arrived. This consisted of some pasta, meat slices, cheese and bread, that although wasn't fantastic, was at least something!

We went to our room, which, as the hotel is a 3* all inclusive, had two twin beds pushed together which were expecting. I wasn't expecting super comfort and I'm not all that fussy, but the beds are rather hard with one pillow, so not the most comfortable nights sleep. There is a minibar with a drinks list, a telephone for room service, a nice small balcony with table and chairs and a nice bathroom which, I was surprised to find included toiletries. I was happy that everything appeared spotlessly clean. We were also left a pre-printed note by our cleaner, who I believe was Karima which said we hoped we liked her work, with two little sweets and a swan towel on the bed.

The next day we went down to breakfast, which mostly consists of eggs, eggs and eggs. We mostly ate the freshly cooked fried eggs with toast, and there was also a range of cereal. The chef also did crepes, and I don't know where the previous reviewer was getting them from, but once they were cooked they were left on a hot plate to keep warm.

The papaya bar is near the pool area, and is nice enough for a drink in the day, and although we didn't, you can also get rolls and ice cream pots from here on the AI.

Lunch was better than breakfast with a range of foods. For dinner, you have a set table. At first I was worried about sitting so close to the people next to us, but in the end this never really proved a problem. I didn't really see much show cooking, and dinner was alright. For 3* AI, you can't really complain! I was however poorly over the last couple of days with sickness, and I do wonder if it was down to the fish I'd had the evening before, which I had actually quite enjoyed at the time!

We got quite chilly at night in the room, and found some blankets in the cupboard. When we left our room and came back the next day, the maid had kindly incorporated them into the bedsheets properly which I thought was really nice. She always had a friendly 'ola!' if we saw her when leaving in the morning, and our room was cleaned daily and fresh towels put out if we needed them. I can't fault that at all. The staff we came across were great as well - Abdul was more than helpful when booking horse riding and a hire car as well as when we arrived, and Alicia seemed to be working absolutely non stop (in the dining room at breakfast, then serving on the bar at night!) but always had a smile if you caught her eye. There were other staff who were also great but I can't remember their names. The staff should be highly commended for their hard work here.

The entertainment was so so so so cheesy it was funny. There was quiz night which happens once a year which had me in stitches, probably for all the wrong reasons. The animation team are very keen though, plus polite and friendly. There was a singing duo one night too, although the man wasn't singing in his own language and the songs didn't actually sound like the songs!

I was also quite surprised at the AI drinks - although some of the cocktails were pre-mixed, I was pleasantly surprised at them and the quantity of beers and sangria. When I went AI previously they were in small cups, but these were normal glasses which was great.

We didn't get to sample the pool as it was cold outside, nor did we go in the downstairs pool or Sauna which is available. There was also a range of spa treatments you could book.

I would really recommend this place if your looking for a cheap hotel in season - especially and mostly because of the staff and utilities there. Overall a nice weeks break - thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tania J
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

just arrived back from this hotel .When we arrived here the hotel looked quite nice but thats where it ends .The only thing good about it is the staff they worked very hard .The hotel was very cold and bland there were no flowers or pictures on the walls .the rooms were ok but the maids never dusted the telephone table and other areas the whole week we were there .The outside area was like a wind tunnel and the chairs were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in .The resturant was like a canteen if you like to sit right next to others while eating you will be ok . Now the food if you like fish or pork you will be ok because thats all you get , as for the show cooking thats a laugh they cook loads of crepes and leave them on the plate to go cold .They start to lay tables for the evening at 1 o clock if you sit at one of these tables you are asked to move as I was I had already used the knife and fork but the waiter just put them back on the table for the evening .Would I go back to this hotel definatley not

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
#5 of 65 in Cala Millor
Be Live Adults Only La Cala Boutique

Been to Hotel Cala Millor Garden? Share your experiences!