“will go back to the vistamer”

and 1 more site!
Hipotels Apartamentos Hipocampo Playa
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Cala Millor
Dublin, Ireland
“will go back to the vistamer”
Reviewed 13 May 2008

I stayed here with my 5 yr old son changing from the hotel vistamer where we usually stayed.We had a studio apt on a half board basis and eventhough I read the reviews on tripadvisor,no one mentioned that in order to get to the dining room,you have to go out of the apt grounds and walk around the block to one of the sister hotels, which in the lashing rain,which it did, for 2 full days,was not worth the trip to thebuffet ,which I found very hard to swallow.The food was awful,and catered mainly for the Germans,which is fine but I found it so hard to get my son to eat anything.I struggled with it myself.The staff were lovely,the apt spotless,the pool area and snacks were grand but I would go self catering only,if I was going back there.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the food and having to walk to get there
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank everlovin

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Waterlooville
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Me and my family have just returned from spending a week at the Hipocampo Playa Apartments and I just wanted to let other families know how wonderful this place is. The apartments are spacious and kept spotless by the maids, who clean everyday, except on a Thursday. The pool is fantastic and my kids (aged 7 and 9) absolutely loved it. Everyday the area around the pool, sun loungers and pool bar was cleaned to perfection by the staff. The bar staff are extremely friendly and the pool bar food was really lovely with such a wide selection to choose from. I've never bothered to write a review before, but me and my husband were so chuffed with this place, that I felt the need to. The only tinest thing that bugged me, was that I coulnd't buy an English paper at reception desk - they only catered for the German Residents, that also visit this complex.

• Liked — How clean the aparments were kept and how friendly the staff were!
  • Disliked — Too many Germans!
Liverpool
Reviewed 31 August 2007

We have just returned from a 10 day break with our kids (aged 9 and 11) and had a great time. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was spacious, with a great view over the pool and beach. The living room had 2 sofa beds and the main bedroom, twin beds. it was spotless, as was the whole place and was cleaned every day except Thursday. Another bonus was the air conditioning whch we were really glad of in the last couple of days because it was so hot (37 degrees on our last day!).The kids loved it, playing in the pool on their lilo, eating Magnums, messing around in the sea (which is a 5 minute walk away), pure bliss! And no rush for the sunbeds. Cala Millor is a lovely resort and there are plenty of places to eat at night, our favourite was La Sangria, run by a very friendly gent who always has time to speak to the kids, and the food is excellent. The waiters and waitresses there are also really nice. Suggest you go early evening though as it does get very busy.

• Liked — The size of the rooms and air conditioning
southport
Reviewed 27 August 2007

I stayed at these appartments with my wife and two children, 07yrs and 03yrs. On arrival at the premises we were told that there was no room for us, as the appartments had been double booked. This seemed to be a common occurance on speaking to other guests. We were told to stay, for 01 night, at the near by "Bahia Grande" 4* hotel which was also part of the Hippocampo company..... spooky eh! my recommendation would be to check with your travel company before travelling, re double booking. The receptionist was most appologetic and gave us 50euros at the pool side bar for compensation. Eventually we got into our 01 bedroom appartment which was lovely, lots of room, very modern, spotlessly clean and with a fantastic veiw of Cala Millor. The rooms are cleaned 06 days a week and to a very high standard. The hotel is spotless and the staff are all pleasent and friendly. There is never any fighting for sunbeds here, there are lots available what ever time of the day. The appartments are approx 15 min walk to the centre and 05 mins to the nearest Spar. Not much at night in the way of entertainment for the children, but by the time they had walked into the centre had something to eat and ice creams, they were bushed anyway. Cala Millor beach and centre is spotless. every where closes down at midnight and the shops close at 22.00 hrs. No gangs of drunken lads or girls. Over all we had a great time and I would happily recommend these appartments to any one.

• Liked — location, room, veiw, staff, everything
  • Disliked — double booked on arrival and no bar at night.
wednesbury,west midlands
Reviewed 2 September 2006

myself, my wife and my son hav just come back from the hipocampo playa aptos and enjoyed it thoroughly. staff were friendly, rooms were huge! we had the one bed apt and it was massive compared to some pigeon pens we've stayed in. beds were a bit uncomfy but the air con was great and the apts from top to bottom were spotless! the view of the bay we had was fabulous plus the beach is right on the doorstep. it's situated in a quiet part of cala millor which we like, it's only about a 10 to 15 min walk to the main part where all the bars and restaurants are, there are a few bars as well as hotels to pop into for a drink on the way, hipocampo palace is one hotel we used to use as a halfway house, very 5star! and not that expensive at the bar i might add. if you dont like being amongst german tourists then dont even consider the apartments or the resort, it doesn't bother us, in fact we prefer it as they seem to be far better behaved than our british brethren. plus,you dont have to go down to claim a sunbed at 5am! there is always plenty.

• Liked — air con
  • Disliked — uncomfortable beds
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
14 Thank ian45
Durham
Reviewed 23 May 2006

We have just returned from a weeks holiday staying at the Hipocampo Playa apartments in Cala Milor. There were 3 adults in our party and the apartment was first class,spacious,very clean (bedding changed twice in a week) and the location we thought was great, it was at the far end (Sa Coma end), fantastic view of the sea from balcony. Had heard a lot of Germans stay in Cala Millor which we found to be true but this did not bother us at all.
I would certainly recommend these apartments and would go again, we booked independantly and it worked out great for us.

• Stayed May 2006
13 Thank patsymaggieannie
Cambridge
Reviewed 17 April 2006

We had great time while staying at this aparthotel. Good sized rooms and very new and clean. Sea view from the balcony. Breakfast and dinner and miniclub and all entertainment took place in the nearby 4* Hipocampo Playa hotel which is within 5 minute walk. It was not a problem as we needed a good walk after each meal! The location is good - not in the centre but on the outskirts of Calla Millor, right next to lovely sandy beaches. Lots of German tourists who are friendly and did not bother us at all as everyone speaks English. Calla Millor is great as you can ride a pony, rent all sorts of bycicles and electric cars for kids and adults, beaches, etc. We did have a couple of windy days in April which will probably be advantageous when it comes to hot summer days. Highly recommended for a family holiday!

14 Thank Olgatravel1