Positives - rooms are great but you can see them getting wrecked quickly by sun cream on the beautiful couches!! The staff work so hard especially noted the crèche staff and entertainment team. Food quality was really high, only had one dish which I didn't like but there's so much choice. Anyone who says its monotonous has very limited food taste. Pool and activities are amazing. You cannot do better for your kids for the price.
Negatives - you will struggle if your toddler won't sleep in a buggy. The baths provided will not suffice for 2-3 year olds and don't let your kids in the bathrooms, they will fall on the wet floor which is unavoidable. Do not go here if you want to avoid children, it is pandemonium but that's what you book this type of place for, so they are occupied constantly. There's been complaints about the temp of the water, I agree it was very cold but I think as the weather gets into high summer it will be less so. Would benefit from a small microwave and kitchen sink in the rooms for those who don't want to feed their small ones at the pool and for washing bottles. The restaurant staff work tirelessly to clean up after the mass of kids throwing and dropping food but it still isn't quite enough, the place gets messy very quickly as does the toilets, not sure how you'd fix that especially in high season other than more staff. Probably nothing to do with the hotel itself, more the travel company, but the bus journey home was really really bad, I thought the bus was going to tip over on a few occasions.
We went to the previous holiday village in Ca'an Picafort and it was very similar, unfortunately the entertainment was a bit too similar, exactly the same songs and pool entertainment. Would benefit from changing otherwise people won't go back year after year.
Overall We had a great time with our 10m old but I would not go in high season, it's far too busy. I think there's far too many people for the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor