“Good Family holiday”

Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just come back from 1 week stay with our 3yr old son. A great holiday experience. Sunbeds, yes people reserve but I have never yet been on a holiday where this doesn't happen so expect It and accept it. Food was good. Plenty of choice. All nice. What you would expect when the hotel is mainly British and all inclusive. Italian was lovely. Book restaurant's as soon as you get there to get in. Great that the hotel supply towels for 15 euro deposit per towel. Great when you come back from beach and exchange for clean ones. Beach bus brilliant. Ivan the driver on the "disco" bus was just fab. Equally no problem to walk to beach just 13mins approx. 1 mile from hotel. Staff try really hard to keep all areas clean and often it was no problem except in really busy periods. I thought toilets were really good compared to some places we have been. In my opinion it's the people that make it what it is. Simple things like putting napkins and plastic cups in bins on windy days would help a lot but instead some people found that just too much effort! All staff were friendly and most helpful. It really is what it's advertised as a family fun resort designed to give the kids a good time and the parents will be happy. We will definitely go back and wouldn't hesitate to book another First Choice Holiday Village.

Room Tip: If you go for a swim up beware some are in shade for part of the day.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Traffyman
There are newer reviews for Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari

Reviewed 7 July 2013

myself,28,daughter,18months & sister,18.stayed at the holiday village from 17th june-1st july.arrived at 1.30in the morning,reception staff took our cases for us & showed us where our room was.block 3,room 3170.this in my opinion is the best block,the others blocks were dark & dingy,wouldnt of liked to stay in 1or 2.on waking the next day,i had a quick walk around the 'village'to see what was where & familiarise myself with everything.it took me 10minutes at most,i expected a village to be a village size??had to find out about the welcome meeting myself,which was a waste of time.no point going.the reps are rubbish,unless you have booked your children into one of the creches or clubs.this was the first thing they asked me,no i did not go on a family holiday to put my child in a creche.the hotel itself is lovely,everywhere spotless,room beautiful,the food at the beginning of the hol,was great,then the novelty wore off in week two.yes there is lots of choice,but i agree with other reviews,most of it has no flavour.the spring rolls were gorgeous,its great if you like fried food,burgers,onion rings,hotdogs,chips,chips & more chips.i like my food,fried food,healthy food.but it was mostly crap.n i will eat most things.the bread is always rock hard,so a nice salad sandwich was out of the question.one big tip-i would go for meals as soon as the resturant opens,8 for breakfast,12.30 for lunch,6.30 for dinner.if you dont you will have to wait for a table,food will be all over the floors,drink spills everywhere.& i dread to think what the food would be like,the amount of children picking up food & putting it bk,sneezing in the food,was gross.i actually saw a woman pick up a serving spoon of sauce,taste it,& put it bk in the food.tried every cocktail,didnt like any.its good that they are free.entertainment area is too small for the amount of people that stay,massive problem with ants around this area,& in the resturant.i told staff,but nothing was done.they were still there the next night.this will become an infestation if they dont sort it soon.all of the staff were happy,smiley,wonderful people.cant do enough,they make the place better.ivan the mini bus driver is great with the kids.you will not get sunbeds if you dont go & reserve at 8 with your towels,i wouldnt go here in high season,it will be ridiculous,& its not a case of get more sunbeds in,theres simply no room.they are packed in so tightly your practically touching people youve never met.pool towels are small.the first two days we spent round the pool,the rest of the hol we went to the beach everyday.beautiful.we have never been to a holiday village before,but i expected more.even i can say its not 5*.on our last few days we saw staff trying to improve things,there were fruit smoothies for breakfast,& staff walking around the pool area offering drinks to people.if it was rated at 3* you would be more than happy.i felt my daughter was too young to enjoy any of the activities,i would say if your children are between 5& 12 this place is fine.the widgets(fluffy characters)& the hour of kiddie music & dancing is not long enough.my little girl wasnt interested as the music wasnt very good.all in all a good holiday,would i go back,not for a good few years.

Room Tip: wouldnt of liked any other block than 3.quiet,light to walk through.
2  Thank lyndz169
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just back from a week at the new holiday village at Majorca with 2 boys aged 10 and 12. Having been twice to the old HV in Can Picafort, we had high expectations. The rooms are great - very comfy and spacious and very clean. Pools were fine - bit cold but that was refreshing in the heat! Ther reps and staff were great - very friendly, helpful. Now for the negatives....the food was definitely not as good or as well presented as in old HV. However, in saying that, we always got something we liked. Not enough sun loungers, but there isn't really the space for any more - no nice grassy areas like old HV. Too many people!!!! A week was definitely long enough. Recommend a 40 euro facial- lovely. Our boys made lots of friends and really enjoyed spending time with them....but if I hear one more russel the brussel or farmerdillo!! Bottle of cava was lovely, beer a bit watery!! And not as clean in outdoor area as old HV. Probably won't be back but can se the attraction with younger kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank converts2sun
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We are currently staying at holiday village my and I and twinns aged 9 staying in suite huge 6 foot bed there are always loads of pool seats don't know what last reviewer is on about. Go to pool at 10am still loads.we have been to 4 or 5 Holliday villages and this is by far the best one would highly recommend it and will be back next year

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Doc259
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Positives - rooms are great but you can see them getting wrecked quickly by sun cream on the beautiful couches!! The staff work so hard especially noted the crèche staff and entertainment team. Food quality was really high, only had one dish which I didn't like but there's so much choice. Anyone who says its monotonous has very limited food taste. Pool and activities are amazing. You cannot do better for your kids for the price.
Negatives - you will struggle if your toddler won't sleep in a buggy. The baths provided will not suffice for 2-3 year olds and don't let your kids in the bathrooms, they will fall on the wet floor which is unavoidable. Do not go here if you want to avoid children, it is pandemonium but that's what you book this type of place for, so they are occupied constantly. There's been complaints about the temp of the water, I agree it was very cold but I think as the weather gets into high summer it will be less so. Would benefit from a small microwave and kitchen sink in the rooms for those who don't want to feed their small ones at the pool and for washing bottles. The restaurant staff work tirelessly to clean up after the mass of kids throwing and dropping food but it still isn't quite enough, the place gets messy very quickly as does the toilets, not sure how you'd fix that especially in high season other than more staff. Probably nothing to do with the hotel itself, more the travel company, but the bus journey home was really really bad, I thought the bus was going to tip over on a few occasions.

We went to the previous holiday village in Ca'an Picafort and it was very similar, unfortunately the entertainment was a bit too similar, exactly the same songs and pool entertainment. Would benefit from changing otherwise people won't go back year after year.

Overall We had a great time with our 10m old but I would not go in high season, it's far too busy. I think there's far too many people for the pool area.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep before 11pm don't get a pool view, otherwise I think all rooms are pretty g...
4  Thank CMTGR
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed in June at this hotel in a swim up room. Soo glad we did well worth it. You didn't have the fight of reserving sun beds as we had out own. Hotel is clean and staff bend over back wards for you but I would not rush back for one I like to go some where different and the other I wasn't blown away. The food was very same as was the entertainment was the same I felt I knew what was coming. The cocktails were vile I was very disappointed. We went down to the kids pool at 9am most morning and there was hardly any sunbeds all taken with no one on them. But we only stayed for a while then went to our swim up. I was in room 3102 very private and quiet. It's put me off going to other holiday villages as this was our first.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank S11tcy
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hi, firstly I will say this is my review based on my honest opinion of the hotel, when I go on holiday if its 5 star then I expect a good standard, I don't expect UK standard 5 Star like The Ritz Hotel with fine dining and a butler service for my room which some people seem to expect when they go abroad, standards are different throughout different countries and I take this into account when reviewing.
The hotel itself was new, clean and fresh, the pools (all 5 of them had something for everyone) yes they were cold but only for that first 30seconds when you jump in then they feel warm once your body acclimatises. Daytime activities available for kids and adults. Every single member of staff from, reps through to cleaners and maintenance staff never passed us by without saying hello. There are actually a few English staff actually working for the hotel here which is unusual but nice to see. The restaraunts were all self service with a good choice of meat, fish, cheese, salads, desserts etc, the staff were very quick to clean away plates etc, very efficient. Some of the desserts looked very pleasant but were a bit bland to taste. Ice cream, lollies, soft drinks , beer and water were all on tap self service throughout each day and night which was excellent. Never had to queue more than a couple of minutes for a drink on a night, some cocktails included and some of the spirits included are branded and not local brands. Beware at the self service soft drinks machine outside as wasps gather there and you risk getting stung every time you try to get a drink so supervise your children at this area to avoid any problems. The evening entertainment for kids was excellent a bit repetitive but the kids still enjoy it. For adults it was ok but I would have preferred more professional acts rather than the entertainment teams singing etc, but that's just my opinion. We stayed in a duplex apartment in block 1 and it was the highest block so our roof terrace was totally private, the views were amazing and the roof terrace was massive with plenty of tables, chairs, 2x sunbeds, a double bed with cushions, a beanbag chair, a shower and of course the jacuzzi bath. This room itself was fresh, clean and modern and comfortable. All in all The duplex was by far the best room we have every stayed in abroad, anyone disappointed by these rooms, well I don't know what they expect but you will find it hard to find better. Only 2 things to mention about the rooms, the cleaner could have done better, none of the glass on the balcony or the sliding doors were cleaned of marks throughout our stay and they didn't venture upstairs onto the roof terrace to see if anything required cleaning, as a result I had to clean out the jacuzzi each time we used it, which doesn't really bother me but when on holiday staying in the most expensive rooms in the complex I would have thought this would have been part of the cleaning service. If you have young children I would recommend the swim academy. We had Hollie who had exactly the right attitude with the kids to build there confidence but also get them to overcome there fears. My daughter who is 5 had 5 x 30min lessons in a group the most kids in any session was 4 the others there was only 2or 3 children so it wasn't far off 1 to 1 coaching. At the end of lesson 5 my daughter swam across the pool completely unaided with her face in the water. We have never seen her do anything like this at home and that's after 12 lessons at the local authority run pool. It makes all the difference the instructor getting in the pool with them and makes a massive difference to confidence levels. WIFI is available free throughout the hotel and in rooms but beware, the connection is totally erratic, and its like going back 7-10 years to dial up and is very slow and frustrating, I know people go on holiday to get away from it all but I like keeping myself up to date and just browsing as I can't lie and read books. All in all a very nice complex and its worth a visit, we would go back again.

8  Thank silvershark04
Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
Globales Bouganvilla
Globales Bouganvilla
#13 of 29 in Sa Coma

Been to Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari? Share your experiences!